Author Topic: I found my grandma and her family's names in the Jewish names website  (Read 1142 times)

Offline momofsixbabes

• Senior JTFer
I laughed at my Jewish girlfriend who said I was Jewish.  I laughed hard because I could only wish something as cool as that. However, I am not laughing now. My mouth was hanging open the other night as I was researching this with my husband. My husband shouted out, "There is your grandma's name, her sisters, her brother, and her mother's name!".  The names with the middle initial, correct city, correct birthday....I was in too much shock to do anything, but hang my mouth open. The thing that really surprised me is that they changed the spelling of the last name when they came to America. I knew that his family probably did that because my girlfriend had researched his family's name a bit.  The thing that is really "freaking" me out. Could it really be? My grandma said that the only reason my grandfather became Catholic was because of the persecution of the Catholic church. That goes back only three generations. Anyway, I really thought my girlfriend was funny. I guess she will have the last laugh. Maybe she is right. I knew my heart has a passion and love for the Jewish was. I am really an odd duck around other homeschoolers and the church people we go to. I am sure they would really not know what to do with me if they found out that I am teaching my children the Jewish holidays and the Tanach for three to four hours a day (although I have very minimal understanding in all of this). I am still researching a bit more. My family knowledge about this is zero. The only thing that I know from my childhood is my mom and grandma's obsession with Jewish bread-they carry it in their suitcases from New York when they visit my aunt.

Offline Ze'ev

• Senior JTFer
Re: I found my grandma and her family's names in the Jewish names website
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 01:11:21 PM »
Interesting.

There is  a "Momofsix"  at StørmFrønt

http://www.StørmFrønt.org/forum/member.php?u=117717

She also talks about homeschooling as well in some of her posts.

Coincidence?
Thus the Jews struck all their enemies with the sword, killing and destroying; and they did what they pleased to those who hated them.

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 01:13:56 PM »
Not impossible. Some people are Jewish but they don't know it. Some Jews became Christian during the WW2 but they stayed Jewish.
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 01:18:03 PM »
sorry to hear that, i wish your cat recovers soon. Can you post your cats pic?  :)

Offline Dr. Yisrael

• Full JTFer
  • we are all the same
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 01:20:33 PM »
sorry to hear that, i wish your cat recovers soon. Can you post your cats pic?  :)

...... Wrong topic

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 01:31:43 PM »
Interesting.

Coincidence?

Actually there are a number of people who have come here from StørmFrønt who are not Nazis, they have simply been lead in the wrong direction. If you are concerned, I would research the posts first. How do you think I found JTF? Most of us didn't even know who david duke or tom metzger were until we started hearing what they were saying on their blogs/radio shows.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 02:49:00 PM »
Interesting.

Coincidence?

I do not believe that momofsixbabes is a Nazi. This is un-called for. I believe she has a real love of Judaism and is searching for answers, as we all are.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ze'ev

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 04:14:29 PM »
Actually there are a number of people who have come here from StørmFrønt who are not Nazis, they have simply been lead in the wrong direction. If you are concerned, I would research the posts first. How do you think I found JTF? Most of us didn't even know who david duke or tom metzger were until we started hearing what they were saying on their blogs/radio shows.

I realize that.  I myself found this forum through my perusing of the Nazi message boards...

Interesting.

Coincidence?

I do not believe that momofsixbabes is a Nazi. This is un-called for. I believe she has a real love of Judaism and is searching for answers, as we all are.

I never said, nor was I implying that she is a nazi.  I Was just curious if it is the same poster.
Thus the Jews struck all their enemies with the sword, killing and destroying; and they did what they pleased to those who hated them.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 05:01:22 PM »
This a very good occurrence many people have this happen to them i know one but i'm sure there are many more like you momofsix :)
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline momofsixbabes

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 08:12:00 PM »
Interesting.

Coincidence?
Okay, that is a creepy place. I couldn't even stomach being there for more than a couple of seconds. I hope I don't get some virus from that creepy website. No, that isn't me. I didn't know what that person said because I couldn't spiritually staying there for more than a couple of seconds. There are a lot of moms with six children, and I am sure that there are many who homeschool (over fifteen years ago they speculated that more than two million homeschool here in the U.S.). There are many websites that I can't use that login name because it is already taken. I know nothing of that (I bet she doesn't have Jewish materials for her homeschooling-he,he). I have been going through Jewish websites to help trace my family names. I have no knowledge of this site.  I am sure you didn't mean to imply anything by it. But, if anyone is wondering, I thought I would clear things up. My girlfriend said that with my love for the Jewish customs and everything Jewish she was sure I was because she thinks it is G-d doing it. Maybe she is right.  I am still researching. Wow, G-d is amazing!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 08:47:59 PM by momofsixbabes »

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 10:37:09 PM »
I am so happy for you mom of six! yes, G-d IS amazing! Keep up your research and G-d bless for teaching your children and learning right along with them!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Moshe92

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 11:13:29 PM »
Which Jewish names website are you talking about?

Offline momofsixbabes

• Senior JTFer

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 07:08:56 PM »
Which Jewish names website are you talking about?

http://www.jewishgen.org/databases/

Momofsixbabies,

Thanks for posting this link
I am going to check it out.