Author Topic: Israel-India top the world diamonds export list  (Read 1340 times)

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
Israel-India top the world diamonds export list
« on: April 17, 2009, 03:05:01 PM »
JERUSALEM: In a recession-hit industry, India has emerged as the second largest exporter of polished diamonds in February, losing out to Israel
but beating Belgium, a media report here said.

Israel, registering exports of USD 119.6 million, leads the pack compared to USD 106.4 million for India and USD 74.1 million for Belgium, daily Ha'aretz reported.

The numbers are, however, not all that good news for the industry as February sales are only half of what they were a year ago.

The Israeli diamond industry shrank 60 per cent in the fourth quarter of 2008, compared to the same period the year before when diamond prices started falling steadily.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/News/News-By-Industry/India-second-in-polished-diamonds-export-list/articleshow/4412455.cms

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Re: Israel-India top the world diamonds export list
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 12:55:49 AM »
Hindu,

I had some sort of idea about this.
I have relatives who work in the diamond business in Israel and Antwerp.
And, they more or less had explained to me how the business works and the Israeli's are highly involved in the business.

So, I do believe this to be true.
As far as Indian diamond business, I am going to ask my family about it, but I am sure that it is most likely true.

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
Re: Israel-India top the world diamonds export list
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 01:38:53 AM »
I have many friends who work in diamond industries in India. Infact the place where i stay, majority of them are into it, diamond cutting/polishing ..etc

Mainly the people of Indian state of Gujarat are into it. Hence there are many Gujarati Indians in Israel who are working on this alongside with fellow israelis in this industry.

Boby Jindal is a Gujarati too, he would get huge support from this enterprising Gujarati diaspora.