Author Topic: Rueven Ben Abraham: Investment advice?  (Read 2585 times)

Scriabin

Rueven Ben Abraham: Investment advice?
« on: March 28, 2007, 10:50:52 AM »
Does Rueven have any investment advice for those of us Kahanists who don't know what he does?

Books, websites...any advice at all.  Please!!! :-\

Wealthy Kahanists can donate more money to JTF than poor ones can.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 04:19:25 PM by Scriabin »

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
Re: Rubein Ben Abraham: Investment advice?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 11:25:30 AM »
Does Rubein (pardon the spelling) have any investment advice for those of us Kahanists who don't know what he does?

Books, websites...any advice at all.  Please!!! :-\

Wealthy Kahanists can donate more money to JTF than poor ones can.

Sure, don't invest in American industry. He pointed out how the Dow's rise was completely offset by the dollar's decline. Never forget, you can make money by not losing it.

Offline Until Shiloh Comes

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 11:37:54 AM »
Hello Scriabin, and good day to you.

Rueven -- like myself -- seems to be an advocate of the Austrian economics school of thought and a truly unregulated free market.   The best advice I can give you, Scriabin, is LEARN for yourself. 

The Ludwig Von Mises Institute is the premier research center in the U.S. with respect to Austrian economics, and I suggest you start at their website, and read as much as you can, and purchase their books directly depending on your current level of knowledge of economics.   Don't look for others to lead you, as being told what to do is no substitute for having first hand knowledge.

http://www.mises.org/

Good luck.

Psalm 53:2 "The fool hath said in his heart, 'There is no G-D.'"

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 02:43:22 PM »
Hello Scriabin, and good day to you.

Rueven -- like myself -- seems to be an advocate of the Austrian economics school of thought and a truly unregulated free market.   The best advice I can give you, Scriabin, is LEARN for yourself. 

The Ludwig Von Mises Institute is the premier research center in the U.S. with respect to Austrian economics, and I suggest you start at their website, and read as much as you can, and purchase their books directly depending on your current level of knowledge of economics.   Don't look for others to lead you, as being told what to do is no substitute for having first hand knowledge.

http://www.mises.org/

Good luck.

Friedrich Hayek was influenced by the Austrian school, no?

Offline Until Shiloh Comes

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 03:47:39 PM »
Hello Judas Maccabeus, and good day to you.

You are correct.  Hayek was indeed a protégé of Ludwig Von Mises, and probably the most widely recognized name associated with the Austrian school.   He was, however, somewhat softer with respect to state regulations and meddling in the market, and had some other ideas that went a bit off the Mises/Rothbard course.  Still, his influence and acumen are unquestionable, and continue to resonate to this day.
Psalm 53:2 "The fool hath said in his heart, 'There is no G-D.'"