Author Topic: Rifle that killed the pirates  (Read 5257 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
Re: Rifle that killed the pirates
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 02:01:07 PM »
Good old Stoner had delivered again; BTW it's also validate my position that 5.56mm ammo was stop gap mesure; It's seems to be ideal riffle for Afganistan too.
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 02:12:50 PM »
Good old Stoner had delivered again; BTW it's also validate my position that 5.56mm ammo was stop gap mesure; It's seems to be ideal riffle for Afganistan too.
I agree 100%
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 02:16:02 PM »
I think it is a better weapon, than the G36 or M-16.

Three points out of my experience with 5,56 mm and 7,62 mm weapons are, that 5,56 mm weapons are a lot of lighter to wear, that 7,62 mm weapons are more accurate, because of the greater weight of the projectile and in the end, that the lower cadence of 7,62 mm weapons makes them more usefull in the field.

In fact you didn't need bursts in most situations. But mostly it is only a waste of precious ammunition.

So I would choose in every case a 7,62 mm weapon like G3 or SR 25 over a 5,56 mm weapon.

Oh I forgot one important point. The G3 has some own weight and is longer than the G36, so if you have to use a bayonet it goes well used even through body armor.

And the G36 crashed lots of times during the training of urban warfare. Never heard something like this of the G3 and of cause it never happens me personally.

So you could use the G3 even as an elevator (with another soldier together) for one soldier in order to bring him to a higher window. G36 crashed several times.

But the optic sight of the G36 was the best I ever saw. Specially at night. If they would combine it with the G3, you would have the ultimative weapon. Imo.  ;D

"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 02:22:35 PM »
THE G-3 IS THE FULL VERSION OF G-36?  YES YOU A RIGHT I JUST LOOKED IT UP YOU ARE RIGHT

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 02:48:15 PM »
THE G-3 IS THE FULL VERSION OF G-36?  YES YOU A RIGHT I JUST LOOKED IT UP YOU ARE RIGHT

No, Mord. The G3 rifle is the ancestor of the G36.  :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 02:50:11 PM »

No, Mord. The G3 rifle is the ancestor of the G36.  :)
MADE IN THE 50s?

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 06:26:24 AM »
Phesant a friend of mine who works at Aberdeen testing grounds in Maryland posted this concerning the rifles

SA ???
Addicted

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject:    Reply with quote
Having fired the HK-91, I would agree that the SR-25 > the G3. Not sure about the G36 since not a whole lot of US orgs use it and it is mostly used by German special forces and the like, although I believe I saw US Capitol police armed with them when I took the tour.

Nobody uses bayonets anymore. Wink The whole concept of turning your rifle into a spear for CQB got obsoleted by the sidearm and "utility" knife.

As for the 5.56 vs 7.62 battle, not even gonna touch it. The round doesn't matter for accuracy more than the rifle itself. Folks that complain that the 5.56 doesn't have enough "stopping power" are the same folks whining that every soldier or marine isn't carrying an M2HB for the same "stopping power."

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 12:22:37 PM »
Phesant a friend of mine who works at Aberdeen testing grounds in Maryland posted this concerning the rifles

SA ???
Addicted

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject:    Reply with quote
Having fired the HK-91, I would agree that the SR-25 > the G3. Not sure about the G36 since not a whole lot of US orgs use it and it is mostly used by German special forces and the like, although I believe I saw US Capitol police armed with them when I took the tour.

Nobody uses bayonets anymore. Wink The whole concept of turning your rifle into a spear for CQB got obsoleted by the sidearm and "utility" knife.

As for the 5.56 vs 7.62 battle, not even gonna touch it. The round doesn't matter for accuracy more than the rifle itself. Folks that complain that the 5.56 doesn't have enough "stopping power" are the same folks whining that every soldier or marine isn't carrying an M2HB for the same "stopping power."

A bayonet is a pretty nice thing. You mock it until you need it. It gives you a great advantage in close combat. It enlarges your arm, so you win a confrontation against a man with a "utility knife" or something like that for shure.

If you use the 5,56 calibre i.e. in woods, you will see, that it will be easily diffracted by even small trees and other plants.

Another thing is, you can not shoot through lightly armored vehicles as well as trees. This is with the 7,62 mm calibre no problem.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 07:02:45 AM »
Yes i agree with you especially about the caliber

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 08:14:43 AM »
Yes i agree with you especially about the caliber

I was during my active time on a special shooting range. There was some plants and other barriers. I shoot there at night with tracer ammunition with the G36. It was really amazing how much ricochets this ammunition caused. You don't see it at daylight.

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 09:50:59 AM »
I think it is a better weapon, than the G36 or M-16.

Three points out of my experience with 5,56 mm and 7,62 mm weapons are, that 5,56 mm weapons are a lot of lighter to wear, that 7,62 mm weapons are more accurate, because of the greater weight of the projectile and in the end, that the lower cadence of 7,62 mm weapons makes them more usefull in the field.

In fact you didn't need bursts in most situations. But mostly it is only a waste of precious ammunition.

So I would choose in every case a 7,62 mm weapon like G3 or SR 25 over a 5,56 mm weapon.

Oh I forgot one important point. The G3 has some own weight and is longer than the G36, so if you have to use a bayonet it goes well used even through body armor.

And the G36 crashed lots of times during the training of urban warfare. Never heard something like this of the G3 and of cause it never happens me personally.

So you could use the G3 even as an elevator (with another soldier together) for one soldier in order to bring him to a higher window. G36 crashed several times.

But the optic sight of the G36 was the best I ever saw. Specially at night. If they would combine it with the G3, you would have the ultimative weapon. Imo.  ;D

I think the G 36 is better:

:dance:
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline MountainMan

• Full JTFer
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 12:24:51 AM »
Wow. SR-25, one of those bad boys will set you back about $5000-10000.    Wish I could get my hands on one.    I prefer .308, but believe 30-06 would have been the most ideal round from my readings of ballsitics test.   NATO screws everything up.    Many say that the 6.8 is best of both worlds between 5.56 and .308, without the bulk, yet without losing the necessary, penetrating firepower.