Author Topic: Reagan's Justice Department  (Read 484 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Reagan's Justice Department
« on: April 26, 2009, 10:16:09 AM »
How much was Reagan's Justice Department responsible for what happened to Pollard?

Why do conservatives frequently praise the Reagan administration?  If Jimmy Carter's admin did some of the things that Reagan's did, wouldn't conservatives have criticized those things? 

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
Re: Reagan's Justice Department
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 10:52:54 PM »
What are you talking about? Has this anything to do with the Bush administration and obama's attempt to prosecute?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 12:01:47 AM »
I agree 100% with RationalThought. The fact is that Reagan (thankfully roasting in the lake of fire right now after experiencing the blessings of Alzheimer's) was a Jew-hating pig who was a close friend of the Nazis Pat Buchanan and James Baker, was largely responsible for our nation's level of enslavement to the Saudi "royal" family, and was responsible for the kangaroo trials of both Jonathan Pollard and Chaim Ben Pesach. Praise Hashem for removing this swine from the earth. And I don't give a %$#@ how many conservatives are angered by this--it is the truth.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 12:11:34 AM »
Reagan was by far better than any democrat which ran against him. It does little to look back and curse Reagan. In my lifetime Reagan was the best thing, the best president, and the America which I will remember till my old age. It was a time of hope, a new American century, and I was involved in many of the technology advancements of the age {I worked on SDI projects}.

It is easy for people now to look back with 20/20 vision and place blame. My anger rages against Carter who ranks as the worst president of my lifetime so far. I loath to think of how bad Obama could make this country. I hope that he is prevented from too much destruction.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 12:16:27 AM »
For Americans, he was okay (compared to awful for Carter). For Jews, he was awful.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 03:17:37 AM »
Reagan made many terrible mistakes but he was not a Jew hater.  I believe Baker didn't even say his anti Semitic comment until he was under the Bush Sr. administration and I hardly think someone can know what the thoughts and intentions of all of their White House staff is. If there was a pattern like Obama, that is different. You can't just say he was the same as Carter in relation to Israel.  Carter was a key player in the Camp David Accords and many in his administration celebrated the Iranian Revolution.  Mother Jones had an article welcoming the Ayatollah as a new beginning for Iran and it was favorable to many leftists who hated any pro US government.  I don't know if pardoning Pollard could have ben done during his administration as the case was so early but he should have...and any president afterwards should have set him free immediatly.  Even with allies, I think it's perfectly understandable that an American spy or Israeli spy be arrested in a country if they are not registering as a foreign agent.  Pollard should never have been kept in prison though as his information saved American and Israeli lives and he was working for an ally.  The fact that Israel had turned over American spies should have been reason enough to set him free right after his arrest.  In any case, Reagan was responsible for American policy and was mostly pro Israel.  As rabbi Kahane has stated, countries need to serve the interests of their people and Reagan did a mostly great job at that.  He had huge tasks, such as facing down the Soviet Union and the Cold War and he was successful.  There are very disturbing blemishes on his record, especially with Israel but he was 1000 times better than most US presidents in regards to the Jewish people and Israel.  I heard a recording where he commended Israel for protecting its interests in bombing the Iraqi nuclear program.