Author Topic: June 1st JTF Dinner Get Together!  (Read 2000 times)

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
June 1st JTF Dinner Get Together!
« on: April 30, 2009, 04:19:17 PM »
OK people, this is completely separate from the JTF barbecue that Masterwolf wants to have in Flushing Meadows Corona Park.  The next JTF dinner get together will be June 1, 2009, which is a Monday night. 

This time we're going to have a special guest, perhaps even two special guests, along with Chaim. 

Our great global moderator David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh is going to be in New York during that time.  He specifically asked me to organize a dinner around this time. So he'll definitely be joining us. 

Also, our great administrator Dan Ben Noah may just pop in as well.  So mark off your calendars.  I would like to have this dinner on Long Island, as several of our people live there, myself included. 

I'll be sending out the Evites tonight to the email addresses you all have on your profiles.  If there's anyone else who is going to be in New York at that time, or if there's anyone else that wants to come, just respond to this thread, or send me a private message.   

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
Re: June 1st JTF Dinner Get Together!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 09:02:21 PM »
 ^-^
aka Someone Else

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 09:02:52 PM »
50/50 chance I might be able to come

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 10:13:30 PM »
I wish I lived closer

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 10:16:46 PM »
I wish I lived closer

If you're ever visiting New York, please let me know, and I'll organize a JTF get together. 

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 10:19:06 PM »
I got the E-vite, Lisa. Thank you! I look forward to meeting you and all of the other JTFers, G-d willing!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 10:21:13 PM »
I wish I lived closer

If you're ever visiting New York, please let me know, and I'll organize a JTF get together. 

Thanks I will let you know :)

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 10:22:03 PM »
I got the E-vite, Lisa. Thank you! I look forward to meeting you and all of the other JTFers, G-d willing!

I saw.  I'm looking forward to meeting you in person. 

Offline CorrieDeservedIt

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 10:38:27 PM »
Thanks for the E vite :D
I just hope some type of Public transportation goes through
the destination and into the city again oh well i have a month to figure it out.
thanks again.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 10:52:48 PM »
Lisa, I dont think I got the evite but I will deff be there. I can't wait to meet chaim and everyone  else again.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 12:45:30 AM »
I thought we were going to do this differently this time.

If you recall, I suggested the following:

1. That we meet for lunch on a Sunday, so that we will have more time and so that people will not have to drive home late at night when they have work the next morning.

2. That we not meet in an expensive restaurant. The economy is in shambles, and not all of our members can afford $30 dinners.

In addition, our largest contingent of members and supporters is in Queens because that's where we had the television program. Meeting on Long Island is not as convenient.

Especially if we are going to have guests from out of town, this meeting should be on a Sunday afternoon, in my opinion.

If you want, I can suggest a nice restaurant in Queens for a Sunday lunch. (Obviously, I would give the name of the restaurant to Lisa in a PM.)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 06:49:16 AM »
Gonna be at a wedding
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2009, 07:23:09 AM »
Awesome...
             Looking forward to it!

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 10:03:49 AM »

1. That we meet for lunch on a Sunday, so that we will have more time and so that people will not have to drive home late at night when they have work the next morning.

2. That we not meet in an expensive restaurant. The economy is in shambles, and not all of our members can afford $30 dinners.

In addition, our largest contingent of members and supporters is in Queens because that's where we had the television program. Meeting on Long Island is not as convenient.

Especially if we are going to have guests from out of town, this meeting should be on a Sunday afternoon, in my opinion.

If you want, I can suggest a nice restaurant in Queens for a Sunday lunch. (Obviously, I would give the name of the restaurant to Lisa in a PM.)

Chaim, I arranged this get together to accomodate David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh's schedule.  David pm'd me several months ago saying he would be in New York May 31, June 1, and June 2, and that he wanted to meet other JTF people. 

May 31 is the Israel Day parade.  I can certainly arrange a meet up for that day.  But from past experience, I can tell you it's very hard to meet near the park or Fifth Avenue because of the massive crowds. 

Anyway, please pm me a list of glatt kosher Queens restaurants, and I'll send out a revised Evite if you like. 

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2009, 03:03:47 PM »

Update us when things are finalized. I want to hang out with you all again.  8)
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2009, 06:00:27 PM »
Lisa,
Chaim is 100% correct. Monday is a bad day to have it.  I guess you did not read my reply in your previous thread:
http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,34019.msg347314.html#msg347314

Israel day is the PERFECT day to have it because jews from all over will be coming to NYC. You don't have to meet at the parade but rather at a convenient place

That Sunday is perfect, Chaim is wise.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2009, 06:47:43 PM »
Lisa,
Chaim is 100% correct. Monday is a bad day to have it.  I guess you did not read my reply in your previous thread:

Israel day is the PERFECT day to have it because jews from all over will be coming to NYC. You don't have to meet at the parade but rather at a convenient place

Baltimore, I read your reply to Masterwolf's thread about having a barbecue during the day.  The get togethers I've organized have been dinners, which can usually be most nights of the week. 

Now what we can do is have the Monday night dinner at a more convenient (and hopefully inexpensive) location in Queens.  We can also arrange to meet the day of the parade at a location convenient to Central Park.  What I'll do is research some places close to the park where we can meet.  However, most of the streets leading to the park will be either closed off, or very crowded.  Also, the park itself will be quite crowded, so staying together and keeping track of everyone will be difficult. 

Anyway, I'll put up another post hopefully in two days with the name of a place in Queens for Monday night, and a good location to meet at the Sunday of the parade.   

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2009, 09:01:27 PM »
Lisa,

Baltimore,

I don't see why you needed to assume such a smug attitude in making this response. Evidently she didn't see it--you don't need to throw it back at her.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2009, 09:04:04 PM »

A Sunday afternoon can also be tough for many people.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 09:22:27 PM by Serb Avenger »

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2009, 09:26:47 PM »
Israel day is the PERFECT day to have it because jews from all over will be coming to NYC.
Not necessarily--see my comments in the new thread I started. This could also make it a BAD day, because it will compete with JTF.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2009, 11:31:50 PM »
June 1st is perfect for me. I have been so busy the last few weeks that I have barely been able to even log onto the forum. I will be free on June 1st so regardless of wether the meeting is in Queens or LI, I can come.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2009, 06:47:04 AM »
Lisa,

Baltimore, I read your reply to Masterwolf's thread about having a barbecue during the day.  The get togethers I've organized have been dinners, which can usually be most nights of the week. 

Now what we can do is have the Monday night dinner at a more convenient (and hopefully inexpensive) location in Queens.  We can also arrange to meet the day of the parade at a location convenient to Central Park.  What I'll do is research some places close to the park where we can meet.  However, most of the streets leading to the park will be either closed off, or very crowded.  Also, the park itself will be quite crowded, so staying together and keeping track of everyone will be difficult. 

Anyway, I'll put up another post hopefully in two days with the name of a place in Queens for Monday night, and a good location to meet at the Sunday of the parade.   

Lisa has been doing a great job organizing the meetings and the last few meetings we had in Queens were fine. The place had plenty of good on the street parking in a safe neighborhood and I think there is public transportation close by. The restaurant itself was good and did not seem to have  have a problem with us staying as long as we liked. At the last meeting Chaim expressed that a less expensive venue might be better for some members which is fine with me. If it gets more people to come to the meeting all the better. All I need a a place to park old Bettsie where it will still be there in one piece when I come out. 70 or so miles is a long walk home late in the evening. I am looking forward to attending Israel day however as Lisa said there is a lot going on and its hard keeping everyone together. I think the official meeting should not be on the same day.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 06:57:35 AM by cjd »
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2009, 10:53:55 AM »
Good point CJD...
       even though that same weekend though could be the Best time to get everyone from out of town there.