Author Topic: My thoughts on the June 1st JTF gettogether.  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
My thoughts on the June 1st JTF gettogether.
« on: May 02, 2009, 09:19:08 PM »
All,

Please allow this California Gentile to share his thoughts on the planned JTF gettogether a month from now.

1: I don't necessarily think that planning it to coincide with the Israel Day Parade would automatically be the best idea. Do we really want to compete with the IDP? Many Jews will be wrapped-up in activities pertaining to it or else will be winding down after a long day and not really be in the mood to schmooze some more. Moreover, should JTF even endorse the IDP? Many (if not most) participants in it will be secular leftists of the "Oh pwetty pweez let us keep pre-1967 Israel!!!" variety--obviously not JTF material. Of course some participants will be real right-wing Zionists, but again, for many of them it will be a busy and hectic day.

2: Unfortunately we need to face the fact that the real best days to have such a thing are Shabbat days. Perhaps the answer would be to split it into two gettogethers: one for Gentile and non-observant Jewish members, another for religious Jewish members. That way more people would be able to attend at least one of the gettogethers. Of course, we would never encourage any Jew to violate the Sabbath, but by planning a both Gentile and religious Jewish gettogether, we would enable people to exercise free will and conscience.

3: I honestly think the drive-home-on-a-worknight concern is not the biggest one we face. The only real ways to avoid this problem would be having the meeting on a Friday or Saturday (out of the question because of Shabbat) or a Sunday morning (when some Gentile members would conceivably be attending church, or else people would be recharging for the only day they have to do so in the week). If people want to attend a JTF meeting, they will. I would sacrifice a couple hours of sleep for a JTF gettogether and I assume that most of us would too.

4: For the most part I agree with Chaim that a Queens meeting would be preferable to a Long Island meeting on the basis of geographic location and affordability, but I don't think that LI should completely be ruled out if a good, affordable restaurant can be found.

SerbAvenger

Moshe92

Re: My thoughts on the June 1st JTF gettogether.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 09:36:11 PM »
I think it would make more sense to have one meeting so everyone can meet eachother. If there was a meeting on shabbat, transportation would be a problem.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 09:37:13 PM »
I think it would make more sense to have one meeting so everyone can meet eachother. If there was a meeting on shabbat, transportation would be a problem.
Yeah, but not every single person will be able to do any one day.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 09:46:51 PM »
If this "California Gentile" finds it inconvenient then I guess he don't have to go.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 09:59:53 PM »
If this "California Gentile" finds it inconvenient then I guess he don't have to go.
Hello, I live in California--never said that I could go.

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 10:05:36 PM »

I don't think that statement is called for. Serb Avenger is making suggestions in a humble manner in an attempt to be helpful. He is not telling the organizers that they need to do "this or that" or complaining that he will be inconvenienced.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 11:28:59 PM »

I don't think that statement is called for. Serb Avenger is making suggestions in a humble manner in an attempt to be helpful. He is not telling the organizers that they need to do "this or that" or complaining that he will be inconvenienced.

I agree, why would anyone attack CF just for giving some helpful suggestions. This personal attack was uncalled for.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 11:53:37 PM »

Well there would be multiple meetings eventually giving everyone a chance to go to one.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 12:49:28 AM »
No, not everyone.....only people who live there...

Well there would be multiple meetings eventually giving everyone a chance to go to one.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 01:08:53 AM »
I think Serb Avenger had some good ideas so there's no reason for people to act badly toward him. Even if you don't agree with his ideas at least he's trying to be supportive and helpful and I think people should give him a break.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2009, 01:14:39 AM »
I think Serb Avenger had some good ideas so there's no reason for people to act badly toward him. Even if you don't agree with his ideas at least he's trying to be supportive and helpful and I think people should give him a break.
Thanks.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 01:57:27 AM »
Thanks.

You're welcome!

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 02:48:53 PM »
The suggestion regarding a get together on shabat seems like a bad idea. I am sure everyone going to the NY get together wants to meet Chaim.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2009, 03:04:01 PM »
Why not have a get together on two different days?

Whomever can go to either one can go, end of problem.

Make it at a cheap place or bring your own food.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 05:09:40 PM by ~Hanna~ »
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2009, 04:56:51 PM »

Well anybody willing to go to NY
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2009, 05:12:02 PM »
The suggestion regarding a get together on shabat seems like a bad idea. I am sure everyone going to the NY get together wants to meet Chaim.
Chaim wouldn't attend the Shabbat meeting, but maybe some Gentiles who could not make a Sunday meeting could.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2009, 05:17:38 PM »

Now now, Serb Avenger is just trying to be helpful.  He always has good ideas. 

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2009, 05:22:23 PM »
true, true...

Well anybody willing to go to NY
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל