Author Topic: ABIR-Jewish Martial Arts  (Read 1197 times)

Offline Boyana

• Pro JTFer
ABIR-Jewish Martial Arts
« on: May 04, 2009, 09:47:41 PM »

LOOK AT THIS!I JUST LOVE IT!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: ABIR-Jewish Martial Arts
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 02:26:00 PM »
Yes i heard about him and Jews from that area of Yemen who are known to  Moslems as great warriors Jews
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 03:07:04 PM »
I don't subscribe to their claim. It may be running through generations but clearly it couldn't be traced back to ancient Israel.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 03:12:47 PM »
I don't subscribe to their claim. It may be running through generations but clearly it couldn't be traced back to ancient Israel.
The village of Piq'in in Israel has an unbroken chain of Jewish families that lived their for over 2400 hundred years.There is still 1 family residing their i think their name is zannati
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 03:30:29 PM »
The village of Piq'in in Israel has an unbroken chain of Jewish families that lived their for over 2400 hundred years.There is still 1 family residing their i think their name is zannati
I know about Pq'in. I visited there several times. The last Zinnati living there, is a nice old woman. She keeps the keys for the synagogue and open it for visitors. The story of the Sofer family, that they lived in Israel and in Yemen simultaneously sounds unreasonable to me. In fact, for hundreds of years  there was very limited contact between Yemen and Eretz Israel or the world Jewry anywhere. Which is why the Ymenite Jewry is distinctly different from both Sfarad and Ashkenaz.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 03:31:57 PM »
I know about Pq'in. I visited there several times. The last Zinnati living there, is a nice old woman. She keeps the keys for the synagogue and open it for visitors. The story of the Sofer family, that they lived in Israel and in Yemen simultaneously sounds unreasonable to me. In fact, for hundreds of years  there was very limited contact between Yemen and Eretz Israel or the world Jewry anywhere. Which is why the Ymenite Jewry is distinctly different from both Sfarad and Ashkenaz.
Yes that is true

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 10:21:15 PM »
Jew-jitsu ;D