Author Topic: Global Cooling to begin soon  (Read 675 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Global Cooling to begin soon
« on: May 05, 2009, 08:21:02 PM »
I was discussing this issue with a co-worker last week. I have heard that despite Al Gores incessant whining about global warming the earth is actually heading into a period of reduced sun-spot activity which in the past has triggered global cooling. The temperature record indicates that during these reduced sun-spot periods the earth enters a mini ice age.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,518958,00.html

"
Could reduced sunspots be tied to temperatures on Earth?

That's what has astrophysicists and meteorologists wondering as the sun enters a prolonged "quiet period," a deviation from the usual 11-year sunspot cycle in which the dark blobs on our star's surface ebb and flow, reports National Geographic News.

And there may be a link to global warming — or, in this case, cooling. Current theories link an earlier solar quiet time to the "Little Ice Age," a cold snap that lasted from about 1300 to 1800 in Europe and North America.

During such "solar minimums," as they're called, the sun dims a bit, magnetic activity is reduced and solar storms are fewer. No one knows how long each will last until it's over.

The Maunder Minimum, a period of extremely low sunspot activity from about 1645 to 1715, coincided with the coldest part of the Little Ice Age, when Dutch canals regularly froze during the winter.

This past January, the Dutch canals again froze, for the first time in 16 years.

But scientists say it may be too early to tell if this solar minimum will really have a prolonged effect.

"There are many uncertainties," Jose Abreu, a doctoral candidate in Switzerland, tells National Geographic News. "We don't know the sensitivity of the climate to changes in solar intensity. In my opinion, I wouldn't play with things I don't know."

"
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
Re: Global Cooling to begin soon
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 08:35:54 PM »
Yes...

This would explain all the cold weather everyone's had an increase of lately....they have had scientist's discuss this on Coast to Coast...(I know some of you are not Coast to Coasat am fans, but I like it...except for some subjects)...
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 09:05:31 PM »

If the globe cools do I get to beat the sh*t out of every eco-hippy [censored] that crosses my path? I think they have it coming.  ;D
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 09:06:51 PM »
We get more snow yay

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 09:09:55 PM »
Yes...

This would explain all the cold weather everyone's had an increase of lately....they have had scientist's discuss this on Coast to Coast...(I know some of you are not Coast to Coasat am fans, but I like it...except for some subjects)...
I like Coast to Coast.  Even the weird subjects.  It's always interesting or entertaining.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 09:47:14 PM »
Most four year olds know that the Earths heat comes primarily from the sun, and to a lesser extent, from the geology of the Earth itself.  Certainly most people with an ounce of sense would understand that it is the sun and not carbon compounds that causes temperatures to rise and fall.

I guess most Leftists are not as smart as the average four year old.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 09:58:57 PM »
Most four year olds know that the Earths heat comes primarily from the sun, and to a lesser extent, from the geology of the Earth itself.  Certainly most people with an ounce of sense would understand that it is the sun and not carbon compounds that causes temperatures to rise and fall.

I guess most Leftists are not as smart as the average four year old.

Carbon helps trap more heat in the air from the sun.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 10:03:50 PM »
Yes, I like about 99.5% of the subjescts.... 8)

Last night we really interesting..

Yes...

I like Coast to Coast.  Even the weird subjects.  It's always interesting or entertaining.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 11:02:03 PM »
I listen to Coast to Coast sometimes too but not all the time. I try to view subjects with an open mind.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 11:38:49 PM »
I'll take this with a grain of salt.  It sounds like another guess.  I personally don't want it to get much colder.