Author Topic: need advice....short concise way to counter Muslim defenders  (Read 452 times)

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
What do I tell Muslim defenders when they start the rhetoric about "radical" vs. "moderate" Muslims? What do I say when they ramble about literal translation of quran saying the violence in it isn't meant to be taken literally? What to say when they say they have friends who are Muslim and they say the Islam doesn't teach violence that those who are violent and intolerant to other religions aren't typical Muslims? etc, etc,......

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
Re: need advice....short concise way to counter Muslim defenders
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 12:18:12 AM »
I would say "I will pray that the G-d ofAbraham, Isaac and Jacob will reveal the truth to you"

Honestly, that is what I would say.
 ;D
Ive said that to athiests before...SORRY ABOUT THE TYPOS...

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 12:52:00 AM »
What do I tell Muslim defenders when they start the rhetoric about "radical" vs. "moderate" Muslims? What do I say when they ramble about literal translation of quran saying the violence in it isn't meant to be taken literally? What to say when they say they have friends who are Muslim and they say the Islam doesn't teach violence that those who are violent and intolerant to other religions aren't typical Muslims? etc, etc,......

He obviously cant be reasoned by focusing on the violence that litters the Koran... So I say... THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING!!

Tell them to go to threligionofpeace.com and look at how many people have killed in the name of Alah, and then compare that with how many people kill in the name of of Jesus or Budha or whatever.  Youll notice its about a factor of 100 to 1. Is this a coincidence?

THey will then point out marginalization and Israel, etc etc...  Then point out that its NOT specific to one area... that its widespread... in East asia (Indonesia/Phillipenes), In South Asia (India/Pakistan), In the Near East, In Africa, etc.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 06:29:34 AM »
Ask a Muslim moderate what does he thinks about setting laws against offending and criticizing Islam and the pedophile rapist and murderer Muhammad. Usually even the so called moderate muslim wouldn't tolerate anything bad said about Islam and the pedophile.