Author Topic: Is Sarah Palin a RINO?  (Read 1160 times)

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
Is Sarah Palin a RINO?
« on: May 09, 2009, 09:11:58 PM »
http://www.mttu.com/main.htm

What a Shame

Palin puts former-Planned Parenthood board member on Alaskan Supreme Court

Wow! What a unbelievably dumb move!

Forget about a Presidential run in 2012 now. Time to toss out my Sarah t-shirts, as she just made an Arlen Specter move - and showed herself to be a RINO (Republican in name only).

What a shame. Sarah had so much potential, but now showed herself to be just another "pro-life" political hack.

SarahPAC made the following explanation for Palin's decision to put the Planned Parenthood pro-abortion judge on her Supreme Court:

Governor Palin is totally pro-life.  Always has been.  Always will be.  She believes in a culture of life from cradle to grave. Her choice for Supreme Court judge was made in accordance with Alaska law. She chose the person most qualified from the names sent to her. The Governor's choice has a record of fairness. That is important as the courts sort out some very thorny issues. Governor Palin's choices were either a liberal or an independent. She went with the independent. And as the following article reflects - this selection process is flawed.

Under state law, Palin had to select from among the nominees sent to her by the seven-member Alaska Judicial Council, made up of lawyers, public members appointed by governors and the Supreme Court chief justice, currently Dana Fabe. They chose two candidates - both pro-abortion.

Let's put this into the right perspective.  There was a third choice for Palin - that being,  "No Choice." Force the legislature to change the rules.  Sarah had the political capitol to do so after being the VP pick for the Republican Party. In other words - take a stand.

Sarah's non-stand on a state level speaks of what she will do on the national stage. SarahPAC says that one of the judges is a liberal, while the other is a independent ... but really -  who cares? They are both pro-abortion.

This appointment of a former board member of Planned Barrenhood is a HUGE political blunder. Planned Parenthood is the largest provider of abortions in America. This is the judge Palin describes as "independent."  Rick Santorum was bounced from his senate seat here in Pennsylvania  - as he helped re-elect the pro-abortion senator Arlen Specter two years before. The words of Santorum's radio commercials endorsing Specter are as fresh today as they were in 2006.

We have long memories in the pro-life community. Three times I was asked to help Rick Santorum's re-election campaign - and three times I told his people, "I will neither help you, nor hurt you. You are on your own." Santorum was crushed by Casey.

Rick Santorum's dismissal from the Senate was just over campaigning for a pro-abort Senator. Sarah actually put a pro-abortion judge on her state Supreme Court.

She had a chance to stand, and she did not. It is what it is. She has shown herself to just be "another" politician we cannot trust. I don't know about you, but I am fed up with these Republican politicians telling us one thing, and then acting another.

Unlike Santorum - Palin's is a campaign I will actively come against.

Steve Wetzel
director, Missionaries to the Unborn
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Is Sarah Palin a RINO?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 10:22:35 PM »
Look no politician is perfect.  I'm still going to support her because she is the lesser of the evils.

Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 11:06:00 PM »
I disagree with Steve Wetzel's position.     Forcing the legislature to change the rules would have been abuse of power.    Sarah Palin is the Governor of Alaska.     She has responsibilities as Governor of Alaska,    that she must uphold,   regardless of personal preferences.     By no means does Gov. Palin's actions make her a RINO.     Under the circumstance,    she had to make a choice between two far less than ideal Alaska Supreme Court candidates.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 11:25:26 PM »
I don't think she could do much in this situation. Give her a break.

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 12:09:31 AM »
I disagree with Steve Wetzel's position.     Forcing the legislature to change the rules would have been abuse of power.    Sarah Palin is the Governor of Alaska.     She has responsibilities as Governor of Alaska,    that she must uphold,   regardless of personal preferences.     By no means does Gov. Palin's actions make her a RINO.     Under the circumstance,    she had to make a choice between two far less than ideal Alaska Supreme Court candidates.

eb22,
I have to agree with your reply to this thread.
Palin did her job, as it is her responsibility to do so as Governor of Alaska.

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 12:40:42 AM »
Wow, I thought I would be alone with my opinion but after reading the posts I see I am not. Am I wrong in thinking that you cannot realistically base political decisions like the above on a single issue? I do believe abortion is wrong but in this case I agree that S.P. did what she could given the circumstances. I would not base my decision to vote for someone on a single issue. However, maybe I would if it were a Muslim... I don't know. I weigh out the pros and cons and the alternative. I would like to vote for a 3rd party but realistically it only makes it easier for democrats to get elected by taking a vote from the republicans. I know this isn't the right thing to do theoretically but realistically it is in my opinion.

Offline CorrieDeservedIt

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 12:46:56 AM »
What the previous poster said there is no such thing as a good politician

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 11:26:58 AM »
This was an issue that has long since been over with. The nominee was on Planned Parenthood BEFORE it started providing abortions to Alaska. I'm not going to argue that this was the best course for Sarah Palin to make. She should have gotten her hands dirty. But your making too much out of this.

Santorum gave us Arlen Specter, one of the worst traitors in the Senate. HE has more control over the destiny of the United States than a Supreme Court judge in Alaska. And your conclusion that Sarah Palin would nominate a pro-abortion judge to the Supreme Court based on this act is faulty logic. She didn't have a real choice here. As President, she could nominate whoever she chooses.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 08:13:35 PM »

eb22,
I have to agree with your reply to this thread.
Palin did her job, as it is her responsibility to do so as Governor of Alaska.

ag is right, I have to agree with eb22 also.
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 08:36:15 PM »
I like Palin a great deal. Its not easy being in the lime light every day and avoid being the subject of ridicule and harsh and uncalled for commentary. 2012 is a way off for now and a great many things may come along before then to change the way folks look at issues. In this world people need to know how to deal since nothing is ever 100% one way or the other. I think Palin is true to her conservative roots however she is smart enough to know what the limitations of her powers are. People can't always be like the old oak tree and stand rigid against the prevailing winds. Sometimes you need to give a little ground for the moment and retrench for the final victory. I think Palin is a person that in the end will make good on her word.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 08:19:41 AM »
Look no politician is perfect.  I'm still going to support her because she is the lesser of the evils.

I'm not, I am NOT voting AGAIN until the Military OUSTS this psychopathic TREASONOUS got.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 10:40:22 AM »
I want nothing to do with Planned Parenthood.   I can't believe this.  It seems as though alot of good conservatives knuckle under to the pressure from the left, and this has got to stop!!!!!  We don't have to apologize for being right and taking the right stand for justice and Life!!!!