Author Topic: Story of a Jewish Resistant  (Read 404 times)

Offline Mehmetce

• Junior JTFer
Story of a Jewish Resistant
« on: May 09, 2009, 09:53:20 PM »
Friends,

I know this is something out of our general discussions and issues at this forum.
But I just would like to share with you a short story of a Jewish Resistant during the WWII.
I’ve read this nearly 15 years ago,I can’t remember the author but he could be Malaparte.Here I tried to translate it as far as I could remember and with my poor English,please excuse me for the  mistakes in the expression.

Glass eye.

A nazi battalion imposes a military operation into a Jewish village to neutralize the resistants.One of the resistance fighters succeeds to escape  and hides in the forest.He preposesses  the nazi soldiers in the forest a few more days.In the end  he is captured again and brought to the nazi commander of the battalion.Nazi commander looks into the eyes of the Jewish resistant and says to him ; “I’ve got a question for you,if you know the answer you will be free”.And then he asks ; “One of eyes is made of glass.It’s fake.Which one is my real eye?”.Resistant replies “This one is your real eye” by designating the glass made eye of him.Nazi commander is surprised at him,”Why did you say it is my real eye?”.Jewish resistant answers ; “Because it was refering more humanly!”.

This is one of the greatest stories I’ve read in my life.Would you please think about the last sentence?What does it really mean?
Maybe this bloody racism age would last a few more centuries,and then maybe our grand children will live a second spring.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Story of a Jewish Resistant
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 10:50:58 PM »
It means the Nazis real eyes looked demonic or inhuman because they had allowed themselves to fall into pure evil. The glass eye was designed to look human and actually looked more human than the real eyes of the animalistic, disgusting Nazis.