Author Topic: Pope Ratzinger not anti Jewish  (Read 1280 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Pope Ratzinger not anti Jewish
« on: May 11, 2009, 02:52:25 PM »
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3714223,00.html 

Welcome, Pope Benedict

Pope no anti-Semite, but rather friend of Jews who deserves warm welcome

Aviad Kleinberg
Published:    05.11.09, 18:41 / Israel Opinion

What hasn’t been said about Pope Benedict XVI in recent days. It seems as though one of Israel’s haters is arriving here – a former Nazi and a current-day Holocaust-denier and anti-Semite. There is something ungrateful about this welcome.

Many things can be said about Joseph Ratzinger, but I suggest that we let go of his “Nazi” past. He was made a member of the Hitler Youth at the age of 14, when membership was mandatory, and within a short period of time managed to get an exemption for religion reasons.

The pope is a conservative figure who is not amenable to changes in the Catholic Church. One can argue that his objection to the use of contraceptives is outrageous. We can also argue that he isn’t a great politician. The self-confessed clumsiness with which he handled the case of Holocaust-denier Richard Bishop is an example of his weaknesses when it comes to action.

However, there is one thing we must not say of him: Joseph Ratzinger is not anti-Semitic in any shape or form. He is an Israel lover. Throughout his time in Church, as all his Jewish interlocutors would testify, he was among the harshest condemners of anti-Semitism.

In his view, anti-Semitism is not only a sin against Jews, but rather, it is a sin against God.

Moreover, Ratzinger was the confidante of Pope John Paul II and his immense theological authority was a critical aspect in the previous pope’s moves. Ratzinger objected to the approach that espoused a negative attitude to the Jews and condemnation for the Jewish State; he was among the architects of the establishment of ties between the Vatican and the State of Israel.

John Paul and Ratzinger buried once and for all not only the accusation of murdering the messiah, but the entire theological theory that the Christians replaced the Jews and are now the chosen people and that the New Testament annuls the Tanach. The Tanach is still valid, declared the two, and the Jewish people is still God’s chosen and beloved people.

The current pope believes that Christianity owes a great religious debt to the Jewish people. He believes that the terrible deeds done to it must not only be regretted, but that responsibility must also be assumed for them. All of the above are not political moves, and certainly not cosmetic changes. This is a change in the Christian core really.

Advertisement   

It is very doubtful whether John Paul II would have been able to undertake this revolution without the help and support of Joseph Ratzinger. In the long run, this revolution is significantly more important than the question of how many hours did the Vatican’s representative sit in the Durban II conference.

In the State of Israel, Benedict XVI deserved a warm welcome. Beneictus qui venit in nomine domini - Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Pope Ratzinger not anti Jewish
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 03:17:26 PM »
From YNet of course... They are suck-ups for christian tourist cash...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 03:18:39 PM »
This is such a crock. Ratzinger is an anti-Semite.

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 03:49:33 PM »
I think we need to call a spade a spade.

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 04:13:23 PM »
Pope is a shame, the older was better, John Paul II. But Joseph Ratzinger was a Hitlerjugend volunteer. He was VOLUNTEER! And he is a great liar. He is anti-semitic. "And for this Yankee nation, I do not give a damn"
"And for this Pope mobile phone, I do not give a damn"  :laugh:
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 05:10:07 PM »
What do you expect? Idiot Aharonot is almost as evil as Fa'agetz.

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 06:28:04 PM »
He is an anti-semite.

He wants to create a PLO terror state within Biblical Israel.  Why can't he make the same appeal for the creation of Assyria for the Assyrian Christians in Northern Iraq and for a coptic homeland in northern Egypt?
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline dominicanjtfer

• New JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 09:18:06 AM »
Ratzinger is not an anti semite, unfortunately he has no clue about the ME and Israel. He doesn't have the stomach to call a crusade against the invaders.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 09:34:35 AM »
Ratzinger is not an anti semite, unfortunately he has no clue about the ME and Israel. He doesn't have the stomach to call a crusade against the invaders.

It's his business to "have a clue", because he has influence over lots of people. I think he knows exactly how much he's harming Israel by his pro-Palescumian talk and he likes it.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 11:52:42 AM »
This is ridiculous, the guy is nuts..

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 12:31:48 PM »
"Ratzinger is not an anti semite, unfortunately he has no clue about the ME and Israel. He doesn't have the stomach to call a crusade against the invaders."  "It's his business to "have a clue", because he has influence over lots of people. I think he knows exactly how much he's harming Israel by his pro-Palescumian talk and he likes it."

I'm forced to agree with you, Rubystars, particularly in the first half of your reply.  I had a similar exchange with a Catholic theologian on the radio months ago, and my case-in-point was John Paul II's visit to that mosque in Syria.  I noted that JPII had caused serious confusion with that visit, and he got nothing in exchange for playing nice with the Muslims.  The theologian replied that JPII was just being cordial and issued no official statements, and I quickly noted that the same guy who was politically savvy enough to face the Soviets in Poland was now acting like a political fool in dealing with the Muslims.  He had no counter to that statement.

I don't know if Ratzinger is antisemitic or not, but one thing is clear:  Expecting the Catholic church to take on the Muslims is like expecting General Motors to take on the United Auto Workers.  Both enterprises would rather die than face reality.  Ratzinger hopes that dividing Israel will placate the Muslims;  like his predecessor, he's a political fool for the Muslims.  I honestly wonder if it's idle boasting when Muslim imams claim to have visions of minarets on the Vatican.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 01:11:00 PM »
I can't understand neither why such educated man is ignorant on Islam/Palestine issues . He's either the last  beliver in piece process along with president Peres which makes him old fool or crypto muslim. How can he talk about peace after listening to Sheikh Tamimi? There will be no Peace in Israel, ME and entire world untill the Mesiash will come (back).
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1242029499952&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1242029498484&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 01:18:33 PM by Ultra Requete »
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 01:19:48 PM »
I think the Muslims may get those minarets if the righteous membes of the RCC don't stand up to these horrible so-called Popes.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 01:37:11 PM »
I think the Muslims may get those minarets if the righteous membes of the RCC don't stand up to these horrible so-called Popes.

Sorry i preffer to walk out without shaking hands. I 'm Ortodox since January and I love to go to church to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ not the sermons about evil Israelis and poor Pals. I 'm not foreced to belive in evolution and music is much better too.
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm