Author Topic: This is a true story  (Read 5336 times)

Offline George

• Senior JTFer
This is a true story
« on: May 13, 2009, 03:08:56 AM »
 I was planning on applying for a job twice in a time difference of two months. The first time I used a fake name, fake address, fake phone number, entered my real qualifications, and enter my race as White. The second time I used my real name, entered the same qualifications, and entered my race as Black. I was rejected as a White applicant but accepted as a Black applicant. They gave me the interview and I got the job. Then a few weeks later the HR manager said I wasn't Black (I don't look Black at all). I responded and said I'm half Black and that I consider myself Black because race is a social construct, as the liberals say it is. They fired me and I want to sue them on the grounds that race is a social construct and that if I can identify myself as Black on the census I should be able to do so in the job market. Of course I'm not half Black and don't consider myself Black. I'll be talking to a lawyer but to those who know the law, can I win?

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: This is a true story
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 03:20:50 AM »
I highly doubt, that you can win. I am not familiar with American law, but normally such actions work only for miniorities. The male white Christian is in every case and eternal guilty. He has to loose in court, even if he is right. Count on that.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 05:28:28 AM »
It seems that they all but admit to have a preference for hiring blacks. I don't know the law but I assume you can't win with that on court. But maybe you can settle the case out of course, cause as a business your former employer might be willing to pay just to a void a race related issue.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 06:03:44 AM »
If you can somehow provide proof that you actually are part black, you stand a good chance of winning your case.  If you can't, don't even try.  There is no way that a "privileged" white guy is going to be awarded anything, let alone a job that is clearly not meant for you.

By the way, just an observation.  Have you noticed that African American and Affirmative Action both have that same initials AA.  Coincidence......I think not!
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 06:28:59 AM »
If you can somehow provide proof that you actually are part black, you stand a good chance of winning your case.  If you can't, don't even try.  There is no way that a "privileged" white guy is going to be awarded anything, let alone a job that is clearly not meant for you.

By the way, just an observation.  Have you noticed that African American and Affirmative Action both have that same initials AA.  Coincidence......I think not!

I know a third group with the initials AA -> Anonyme Alcoholics  :::D
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 07:03:34 AM »
you can mention this story to a news agency and see if they'll report it...It is discrimination that they didn't hire you.

Where were you applying anyway?  Kentuky Fried Chicken?!
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 07:27:23 AM »
I really hate Apefirmative Action. It's what caused me to start feeling as strongly as I do towards them. I was an ape trainer at one of my previous jobs and they kept giving them my promotion.

My sister did something similar to get an interview,she wrote down that she was American Indian then claimed she was part American Indian when questioned about it. She didn't get the job though.

If you show up in court, maybe you should show up in cornrows (I read that even white hair can be made into corn rows, it's just harder apparently).

You might also say you're as black as these pathetic guys:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 07:33:15 AM by Rubystars »

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 08:33:28 AM »
I think straight white males are going to have a tough time, from here on in.
They aren't black, hispanic, oriental,women, homosexuals... I can obviously keep going.
The feminist made men the enemy.  Young women have fallen into that trap. Hook, Line and Sinker.
Affirmative action makes whites(especially men) the enemy. 
Obama is making white males the enemy.  Who do we think of when we think of CEOs/Wall Streeters in this country?

We have become a sick society.  I feel sorry for the Mom's of little white boys.  They are going to be going up against insurmountable obstacles in the future.

I feel sorry for us.  We are going to have to deal with total saturation of affirmative action hires in the workforce.  That alone could cause a failure of the American way of life.  Stupid, lazy, evil people running the show.  You only have to shop in a Wal Mart to know that or see a President who's teleprompter fails.

I was just thinking.
I work in a hospital.
This year I have not come across one white male resident, in our unit.
They are predominantly nonwhite and female.
None have been great at their job.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 08:46:20 AM by bullcat3 »
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 11:35:41 AM »
Bullcat you're absolutely right that white males are being targeted.

Sometimes even nonwhites are hurt by apefirmative action though. I worked with a smart Mexican lady and she was passed up for a promotion in favor of a black too. Maybe it's because they're not considered minorities in TX, but that was just horrible.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 11:52:31 AM »
But Asians have similar opportunities as whites don't they ?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 11:58:49 AM »
But Asians have similar opportunities as whites don't they ?

In general, they work hard and pursue success seriously.

I work with this one Asian guy that's kind of dumb and a lazy butt, but most of the ones I've worked with have been serious about work and smart too.

I think as a community they've got more opportunities than whites do.

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 12:07:41 PM »
All I gotta say is wow. I even asked Chaim on last week's Ask JTF when will affirmative action will end. This morning while working I was asking to myself where would a good decent white person can go and get a job that they are qualified for. And I said to myself areas where there is no blacks and lazy people. Maybe Bismark, or the middle of Montana.

Offline George

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 04:28:51 PM »
The only real solution to this problem is self-employment. Everyone in my family is self-employed and it has many advantages, not just freedom from discrimination. They make their own hours, don't have to tolerate nasty bosses, have more job security, and have a realistic chance to become wealthy.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 07:36:45 PM »
Opportunities should be open to all.  Fair square and indifferent.  You have the qualifications.  You get to take advantage of the opportunity.  No one is deserving of an opportunity based soley on race or sex.  That is my gripe.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline WestCoastJTF

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2009, 10:45:57 PM »
I wonder if "black" is actually defined in law.  Most people would say that if, for example, you have one black parent and one white parent, you are black.  But what dilution still qualifies?  1/4?  1/8?  1/16?  1/32?

Who is to prove you don't have an African ancestor?

What next - Nuremberg racial laws to define these things? 

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2009, 11:23:14 PM »
Anything past an octoroon might be hard to detect, which is a good reason to date people who know their family history well because those genes can pop up several generations later and express themselves and that would be quite horrible if you care about such things.

It's sad but most people I talk to don't even seem to know or care about their ethnic identity beyond "white".

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2009, 03:04:20 AM »
I wonder if "black" is actually defined in law.  Most people would say that if, for example, you have one black parent and one white parent, you are black.  But what dilution still qualifies?  1/4?  1/8?  1/16?  1/32?

Who is to prove you don't have an African ancestor?

What next - Nuremberg racial laws to define these things? 

Count on that.

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2009, 08:11:06 AM »
I actually have a friend with a PhD from University of Pennsylvania who is having trouble finding a job. Yes, he is white and male.  :o

Offline ChaimBenMordechai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2009, 10:30:33 AM »
I really hate Apefirmative Action. It's what caused me to start feeling as strongly as I do towards them. I was an ape trainer at one of my previous jobs and they kept giving them my promotion.

My sister did something similar to get an interview,she wrote down that she was American Indian then claimed she was part American Indian when questioned about it. She didn't get the job though.

If you show up in court, maybe you should show up in cornrows (I read that even white hair can be made into corn rows, it's just harder apparently).

I used to be a self-hating Jewish Liberal until I was a victim of AA and was told I was "privileged and advantaged" by a white convert to Islam at U/South Florida named Dr. Larry Z. Leslie

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2009, 02:52:01 PM »

I used to be a self-hating Jewish Liberal until I was a victim of AA and was told I was "privileged and advantaged" by a white convert to Islam at U/South Florida named Dr. Larry Z. Leslie

USF in Tampa is a hotbed for islamic kookiness.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2009, 03:57:04 PM »

I'm glad you're not a liberal anymore, but I'm sad that something unfair like that happened to you. White Jews are often told that even though they're a minority (Jewish) that they benefit from "white skin privelege". To me that's both anti-white and anti-Semitic, but somehow liberals justify it as being tolerant and inclusive.

Offline ChaimBenMordechai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2009, 05:24:21 PM »

I'm glad you're not a liberal anymore, but I'm sad that something unfair like that happened to you. White Jews are often told that even though they're a minority (Jewish) that they benefit from "white skin privelege". To me that's both anti-white and anti-Semitic, but somehow liberals justify it as being tolerant and inclusive.

I mentioned what happened to me on another thread last year, so I'll re-tell briefly what happened. I had applied to grad school at USF. I had experience in the field, but I was rejected by Dr. Leslie who told me I was "privileged and advantaged" and I would never get into any school in Florida. At my old school, I was somewhat involved on a anti apartheid group and somehow they heard what happened and I was told I was not welcome in the group anymore and I was a racist. At that point, I realized that I was useful as long as I toed the line and let others less quaified than me move ahead. I finally realized what apes and self-hating Jewish liberals were.

Leslie is still at USF...he's a friend of Sami Al-Arian and he was trying to get rid of the Jewish school president, Dr, Genschaft.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2009, 08:42:36 PM »
What a horrible story :(

I'm trying to search for a better job right now and it really upsets me that people who have the mentality of 3 year olds which most blacks do, would be considered over me.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2009, 08:50:27 PM »
I was planning on applying for a job twice in a time difference of two months. The first time I used a fake name, fake address, fake phone number, entered my real qualifications, and enter my race as White. The second time I used my real name, entered the same qualifications, and entered my race as Black. I was rejected as a White applicant but accepted as a Black applicant. They gave me the interview and I got the job. Then a few weeks later the HR manager said I wasn't Black (I don't look Black at all). I responded and said I'm half Black and that I consider myself Black because race is a social construct, as the liberals say it is. They fired me and I want to sue them on the grounds that race is a social construct and that if I can identify myself as Black on the census I should be able to do so in the job market. Of course I'm not half Black and don't consider myself Black. I'll be talking to a lawyer but to those who know the law, can I win?
NO- the next job; You pretend that you cant hear or see, you'll get the job- you will be hired as a brain surgeon.

I am Iroquois, Portugee/Crytpo Marrano Jew-Mom/gentile-Dad and Scot.  They told me they had 'enough' white people? go FIGURE.  I couldnt care LESS who likes me OR who wants to 'hire me' anymore.

Screw the lawyers, you aren't black, OR ILLEGAL. You will get NO help, American, NOT in THIS country.

But, WHY do you have the name "Jim Crow?"  Just out of curiosity.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2009, 08:53:18 PM »
NO- the next job; You pretend that you cant hear or see, you'll get the job- you will be hired as a brain surgeon.

I am Iroquois, Portugee/Crytpo Marrano Jew-Mom/gentile-Dad and Scot.  They told me they had 'enough' white people? go FIGURE.  I couldnt care LESS who likes me OR who wants to 'hire me' anymore.

Screw the lawyers, you aren't black, OR ILLEGAL. You will get NO help, American, NOT in THIS country.

But, WHY do you have the name "Jim Crow?"  Just out of curiosity.

Jim Crow laws were laws used by the south to deny Blacks the ability to vote. They had to prove that they had certain knowledge that they were not taught. This was used to keep the Blacks away from the voting booth...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Crow_laws
The Jim Crow laws were state and local laws in the United States enacted between 1876 and 1965. They mandated de jure segregation in all public facilities, with a "separate but equal" status for black Americans and members of other non-white racial groups.

Some examples of Jim Crow laws are the segregation of public schools, public places and public transportation, and the segregation of restrooms and restaurants for whites and blacks. The U.S. military was also segregated. These Jim Crow Laws were separate from the 1800-66 Black Codes, which had also restricted the civil rights and civil liberties of African Americans. State-sponsored school segregation was declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court of the United States in 1954 in Brown v. Board of Education. Generally, the remaining Jim Crow laws were overruled by the Civil Rights Act of 1964[1] and the Voting Rights Act of 1965.

Blacks were still elected to local offices in the 1880s, but the establishment Democrats were passing laws to make voter registration and elections more restrictive, with the result that participation by most blacks and many poor whites began to decrease. Starting with Mississippi in 1890, through 1910 the former Confederate states passed new constitutions or amendments that effectively disfranchised most blacks and tens of thousands of poor whites through a combination of poll taxes, literacy and comprehension tests, and residency and record-keeping requirements. Grandfather clauses temporarily permitted some illiterate whites to vote. Voter turnout dropped drastically through the South as a result of such measures.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14