Author Topic: Obama warns Israel: No attacks on Iran without consulting him  (Read 1128 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/05/obama_to_bibi_no_surprises_on.html

Obama to Israel: No surprises on Iran

Rick Moran
It may be indicative just how low US-Israel relations have sunk that Barack Obama is warning Israeli Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu not to make any military moves against Iran without telling him.

Aluf Benn of Haaretz reports:

U.S. President Barack Obama has sent a message to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu demanding that Israel not surprise the U.S. with an Israeli military operation against Iran. The message was conveyed by a senior American official who met in Israel with Netanyahu, ministers and other senior officials. Earlier, Netanyahu's envoy visited Washington and met with National Security Adviser James Jones and with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, and discussed the dialogue Obama has initiated with Tehran.

The message from the American envoy to the prime minister reveals U.S. concern that Israel could lose patience and act against Iran. It is important to the Americans that they not be caught off guard and find themselves facing facts on the ground at the last minute.

Obama did not wait for his White House meeting with Netanyahu, scheduled for next Monday, to deliver his message, but rather sent it ahead of time with his envoy.

The likelihood of an Israeli strike without US knowledge just became a dead certainty.

No doubt if the Israelis informed the Obama White House in advance, news of the attack would leak. And Netanyahu must have figured out by now that Obama is more concerned with pursuing his "Grand Bargain" with Iran that with the security of Israel.

What's worrisome about this is that it calls into question just what steps an Obama administration would take to "punish" Israel if they attacked Iran. Given the hostility towards the Jewish state exhibited by several of his advisors, nothing would be unthinkable as a reaction by Obama.

Wouldn't you love to be in that room next week when Bibi sits down with our naive president?

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
Re: Obama warns Israel: No attacks on Iran without consulting him
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 11:29:03 AM »
and BIBI is listing to the dope in chief. To think I trusted this putz
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Historical Truth

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 11:38:05 AM »
and BIBI is listing to the dope in chief. To think I trusted this putz

There's always a chance that one Israeli Fighter Pilot will say "screw it!" and strike Iran on their own accord.

Wouldn't that put the Government in an awkward position? ;D

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 11:53:06 AM »
Obama is such a brute, in a way, I think he improves the odds that Israel WILL take action, because it is already clear to the Israeli government and military that the is hostile and untrustworthy. He demands that Israel consult with him while at the same time he degraded the strategic coordination with Israel. For example the Israeli chief of stuff was in Washington  recently but both the American secretary of defense and the chief of stuff wouldn't set up a meeting with him. And more importantly we constantly hear Alarming messages from Obama's minions, tying the Irani issue to Israel settlements etc.

What's worrisome about this is that it calls into question just what steps an Obama administration would take to "punish" Israel if they attacked Iran. Given the hostility towards the Jewish state exhibited by several of his advisors, nothing would be unthinkable as a reaction by Obama.
I have no doubt Obama wishes the worst to Israel, but he can't really do much about it. He can talk, threat, and give orders to the Israeli government, that's about all he can do. The actual damage is done when Israel complies to such dictations.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 12:13:58 PM »
Obama warns Israel: No attacks on Iran without consulting him:

@Someday Iran may warn Israel not to attack on Iran without consulting them.

There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 12:19:21 PM »
Obama doesn't have the cojones to stop Israel. He'll tell his allies in the Middle East to fire away, but I don't think this pig really is stupid enough to tangle with the IAF.

Unfortunately I am far from sure that Israel's traitor leaders have the cojones to "defy" the Muslim in the Oval Office.  >:(

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 12:21:56 PM »
The Iranians strengthen day for day their air defense systems, their air force, their long range missle forces and of cause they advancing their nuclear progamm. Everybody knows, where this all will lead to and Obama protects them ...

"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 01:59:18 PM »
Obama is a black rodent no one cares what the jungle savage says
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 02:10:54 PM »

He mocks the bible, he is extra progressive if it hurts the moral essence of it. But if it comes to quranimals, he shields them and he makes them compliments. Chaim was right from the beginning. Althrough I didn't thought he would act this kind of obvious.  :o
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 02:14:02 PM »

He mocks the bible, he is extra progressive if it hurts the moral essence of it. But if it comes to quranimals, he shields them and he makes them compliments. Chaim was right from the beginning. Althrough I didn't thought he would act this kind of obvious.  :o
He learned from the Bolshevik alinsky 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saul_Alinsky
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 04:46:17 PM »
Chutzpah.  That's all I can say.  "Don't attack Iran.  As president of the USA, I forbid you to defend yourselves."  What's worse is that Netanyahu will probably cave and listen to Obama.  Those of us who are good, those of us who wish to survive, those of us who wish to simply succeed have no political representation.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 05:01:14 PM »
Chutzpah.  That's all I can say.  "Don't attack Iran.  As president of the USA, I forbid you to defend yourselves."  What's worse is that Netanyahu will probably cave and listen to Obama.  Those of us who are good, those of us who wish to survive, those of us who wish to simply succeed have no political representation.

How DARE he! is what I say. I hope and pray that Netanyahu doesn't cave in and do what he KNOWS is right. I know how you feel in having no political representation, most of us feel that way here.
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline D2I

• Full JTFer
  • Israel for jews and antarctica for muslims!
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 05:12:23 PM »
Israel does not need to bow down to obama for approval to do anything, what will Usa do? Cry to the Un?

Ohh that's so scary because the un will write a complaint to Israel like it does every week.
America for Americans
Israel for Jews
Iceland for Icelanders
Antarctica for muslims!

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 07:43:03 PM »
Israel does not need to bow down to obama for approval to do anything, what will Usa do? Cry to the Un?

Ohh that's so scary because the un will write a complaint to Israel like it does every week.

The problem is that the so-called leaders of Israel are afraid of America more than they are afraid of Iran.  In their warped minds, the worst Iran can do is a nuclear attack.  America might cut off its funding!

Of course, it's so crazy, nevermind that America gives Israel nothing but headaches anyway.

Offline D2I

• Full JTFer
  • Israel for jews and antarctica for muslims!
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 12:10:13 AM »

The problem is that the so-called leaders of Israel are afraid of America more than they are afraid of Iran.  In their warped minds, the worst Iran can do is a nuclear attack.  America might cut off its funding!

Of course, it's so crazy, nevermind that America gives Israel nothing but headaches anyway.

They wont cut the funding,  worst case scenario is that obama will go and cry  to the un which in return will write the israeli goverment a letter about human rights violations of "innocent" muslims
America for Americans
Israel for Jews
Iceland for Icelanders
Antarctica for muslims!

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 07:30:12 AM »
This is a definite sign to Israel, to be warned of this President.  We Christian Americans are standing strong for Israel and not this President. 

Israel should do what is best for Israel, and this administration should have ZERO INPUT ON ISRAEL'S FUTURE!

Offline freedomannie

• Full JTFer
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 06:45:48 PM »
Yes so he can call them and warn them...obama is a scary guy! :o
I am in love with Light as it has brought the curtains back from the darkness...i will always be free with the truth i now know and my heart is forever changed...I thank G-d for the light! <3 Always