Author Topic: Bishop Vilmos Apor - A true Christian  (Read 975 times)

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
Bishop Vilmos Apor - A true Christian
« on: May 23, 2009, 11:25:07 PM »
Blessed Vilmos Apor (February 29, 1892 in Segesvar in Transylvania, which was then part of Hungary – April 2, 1945 in Győr, Hungary) was the Bishop of Győr during World War II who became famous for protesting the persecution of the Hungarian Jews. On March 28, 1945 as Soviet troops reached Győr he offered sanctuary to numerous women and children in his residence. When Red Army troops wanted to storm his residence he died trying to protect the women from rape.His whole life he grew up trying to get his place in heaven, for he was a perfect child. His sister helped him through the hardships, and also helped him build up all the charities he started in his life. He became a bishop only at the end of his life. He was beatified by Pope John Paul II in 1997.

Today, there stands a statue in District XII of Budapest in Hungary in his honour and the place itself has been named Apor Vilmos Tér according to the Hungarian standard of name order.

Sources:
http://www.smom-za.org/saints/vilmos.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vilmos_Apor

"He was not fearful about raising his voice, in accord with evangelical principles, to denounce injustice and abuse against minorities, especially against the Jewish community."

Pope John Paul II
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
Re: Bishop Vilmos Apor - A true Christian
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 01:35:40 AM »
He sounds like a man of strong character and dignity.

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 03:12:10 AM »
He sounds like a man of strong character and dignity.

He was a real Christian. We need more pro-Jew Christians like he was. Look the currently Pope and look Bishop Vilmos Apor. That nazi pope can be ashamed!
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 06:16:10 AM »
That's truely a great righteous Christian

Offline muppet

• Full JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 06:58:50 AM »
We need more pro-Jew Christians like he was. Look the currently Pope and look Bishop Vilmos Apor. That nazi pope can be ashamed!
Yes we do but when the Worlds against you we then need each other..

We can all overcome adversity but first we need to band together not to fight alone but together..

No doubt Vilmos Apor, Lord bless him will be one of the Lords angels and so the righteous man should be.

It's heartening to read things like this.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 07:05:31 AM »
We need more pro-Jew Christians like he was. Look the currently Pope and look Bishop Vilmos Apor. That nazi pope can be ashamed!
Yes we do but when the Worlds against you we then need each other..

We can all overcome adversity but first we need to band together not to fight alone but together..

No doubt Vilmos Apor, Lord bless him will be one of the Lords angels and so the righteous man should be.

It's heartening to read things like this.

Of course we need to stand together! That's the only thing we have to do. WE will win. Me as single person can't win. I may can change a bit. But alone you can do not that what you could do in a big movement (like the JTF will be in a year). Everything needs time. So do we  :)

Offline muppet

• Full JTFer
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 07:13:13 AM »
Well Chaim I have made a promise to the Lord and reading the scriptures now I know once you make a promise to him you have to deliver..

I look forward to trying to do my bit in making this (JTF) and you all the more stronger and supporting my second family, (brothers and sisters) here..

I got your back that I promise..

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 07:21:21 AM »
Well Chaim I have made a promise to the Lord and reading the scriptures now I know once you make a promise to him you have to deliver..

I look forward to trying to do my bit in making this (JTF) and you all the more stronger and supporting my second family, (brothers and sisters) here..

I got your back that I promise..

I call JTF "A big family". A family with a lot cultures from a lot countries from all over the world (USA, Israel, India, Australia, Europe, Canada,...) I think that's it what makes us that strong. Everywhere on earth live JTFers. If we grow and find new members (we will grow) we will become a big movement. I asked some people from a local german chat community to join the JTF. Most of them don't know what it is. They don't know a lot about politics and even about Zionism. But they know that Islam is a threat to us. They see it like me.
I want to meet one day some JTFers. Maybe I can organize a JTF Germany meeting.

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 07:23:25 AM »
He has many memorials in Hungary, he has photos and monument in a Jewish museum in Budapest. :dance:

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 07:35:08 AM »
God bless him! He is a great examble for all Christians and Bishops

Offline freedomannie

• Full JTFer
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 09:23:19 AM »
There are many who stand with the Jews and i am proud to follow in this man's foot steps! I love the Jewish people and believe they are in the land that God has given them! My love is so deep! :-*
I am in love with Light as it has brought the curtains back from the darkness...i will always be free with the truth i now know and my heart is forever changed...I thank G-d for the light! <3 Always

Offline zerah600

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 10:32:38 AM »
Be sure, that ALL the born again christian people, wherever they are, they love Israel and they pray for Israel. I am one of them and I am proud of it.
 May G-d protect Israel and His chosen people, the Jewish people!

"Dacă te voi uita, Ierusalime, să-şi uite dreapta mea destoinicia ei!
Să mi se lipească limba de cerul gurii, dacă nu-mi voi aduce aminte de tine, dacă nu voi face din Ierusalim culmea bucuriei mele!"  Ps.137

"If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning.
If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy." Ps.137