Author Topic: Nonreligious Fanatics Upset Over Graduation  (Read 600 times)

Offline spiritus_persona

• Pro JTFer
  • Say NO to Dhimmitude
    • Cultural Jihadist (Warning!  May contain harsh language!)
Nonreligious Fanatics Upset Over Graduation
« on: May 31, 2009, 01:21:39 PM »
http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/46455222.html

Judge Declines Immediate Elmbrook Ruling
By Diane Pathieu

BROOKFIELD - It's a fight over whether public schools can use a church auditorium to have graduation ceremonies.

Many parents like having the Elmbrook School District graduation ceremonies at Elmbrook Church because the large auditorium has padded seats and is air conditioned. "It’s just an excellent facility for hosting something like this," said mom Karen Reichert.

But some disagree and say a public school should not use a church facility to have a graduation event. "This is a clear violation of the Constitution, a clear violation of the separation of church and state," said Alex Luchenitser, litigation counsel for Americans United for Separation of Church and State.

"These students and family members are being forced to graduate in the sanctuary of a church underneath a huge cross that dominates the sanctuary. They're sitting in pews with bibles and hymnal books right in front of them."

"They are being forced to graduate in a religious environment, and that is an egregious Constitutional violation."

However, some schools have used the church for years.

Brookfield Central High School chose Elmbrook Church as its graduation site in 2000, and Brookfield East first decided to use it in 2002.

School officials say they chose the church because other spaces are too small or too expensive for the large event.

"(The schools') gymnasiums were small and couldn't accommodate all the people coming to the graduations," explained Elmbrook School District Superintendent Matt Gibson.

"They were hot. They were stuffy. They were not air conditioned. Parking was an issue, and frankly, it's less expensive for the district to rent a venue than to stage it within the school, with the custodial overtime, the take down, the set-up, etc."

Right now, school officials say they don't have a back up plan if the ceremonies have to move from the church.

The first graduation ceremonies take place at Elmbrook Church next weekend.

U.S. District Judge Charles Clevert Jr. heard arguments Friday on the Elmbrook School District's plans.  He declined to immediately rule but promised to issue a decision before graduation practice next Thursday. If the decision comes that late and the district loses, it would give school officials a day or two to find a new site.

Yeah, so large auditoriums with padded seats and air conditioning violate the constitution.  I'm sick and tired of these nonreligious fanatics pushing their nonbeliefs on others. >:( >:( >:(
Me: Muslims get offended too easily.
Muslim: What!?  That is an outrage!  Take that back or I kill you!

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
Re: Nonreligious Fanatics Upset Over Graduation
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 01:23:50 PM »
I dont know when is enough anymore
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 01:43:14 PM »
I hate to say it but as a religious Jew I would have some reservations concerning having a public school ceremony held in a church. But most here already know how I feel about voting in churches, so extend that reasoning to having a ceremony in a church.

I guess if it is not held in the sanctuary where icons may be displayed then maybe, but I would have an uneasy feeling non-the-less. This is not because I have any animosity or dislike of other religions, but just because halacha is clear about where Jews should and should not be.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 02:29:33 PM »
I doubt that Alex Luchenitser stands up for Judaism couse muman613. For me it's just another action of Hellenised liberal ACLU type Jews trying to enforce their secularist heresy and stir up the antisemtism in USA. At least Jews have one Jewish state while we Christians are only grudgingly tolerated by pagan "democratic" regimes  and replaced by muslim collonists. At least we're not openly persecuted like in comunnist regimes...  yet.
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 06:03:43 PM »
I doubt that Alex Luchenitser stands up for Judaism couse muman613. For me it's just another action of Hellenised liberal ACLU type Jews trying to enforce their secularist heresy and stir up the antisemtism in USA. At least Jews have one Jewish state while we Christians are only grudgingly tolerated by pagan "democratic" regimes  and replaced by muslim collonists. At least we're not openly persecuted like in comunnist regimes...  yet.

Ultra,

You are probably correct... I believe that this protest is due to hatred of G-d altogether and not just an issue of Jewish halacha...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14