Author Topic: Please daven for my cats health  (Read 2008 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Please daven for my cats health
« on: May 31, 2009, 05:59:51 PM »
I normally do not request prayer for my pets but I am in desperate straights now. My favorite cat who is only six years old is now in the vet and needs a blood transfusion due to severe anemia. I cannot even think how terrible I will feel if I loose Pepper who means the most of all cats I have ever had, she is so young and has the cutest and nicest personality of any cat I have known.

If you can find it in yourself to pray for all the cats who are in need of speedy recovery from health problems. I would appreciate the prayers which will go up and be heard.

Thank you,
muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Re: Please daven for my cats health
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 07:58:41 PM »
Muman,

I do not normally pray for the health of pets, but if it is important to you, then it is important to me.  I will pray for your cat.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 08:03:13 PM »
Oh Muman!  I'm so sorry to hear about your cat.  Of course I'll pray for her speedy recovery. 

By the way, how did she become anemic?  Are you sure a blood transfusion is her only hope?  Have you gotten a second opinion?  Perhaps she can have iron injections or supplements instead?

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 08:07:25 PM »
Oh no, I will pray.

My cat went through that.

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 08:53:57 PM »
Oh Muman!  I'm so sorry to hear about your cat.  Of course I'll pray for her speedy recovery. 

By the way, how did she become anemic?  Are you sure a blood transfusion is her only hope?  Have you gotten a second opinion?  Perhaps she can have iron injections or supplements instead?

We believe she became anemic from the fleas. Unfortunately we last gave her flea treatment, Advantage, about 2 months ago and it seems the the fleas are bad in the living room here. I definitely suggest treating the cats more than once every two or three months.

I appreciate the support and hope I can pick her up tomorrow morning.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 08:55:21 PM »
Muman,

I do not normally pray for the health of pets, but if it is important to you, then it is important to me.  I will pray for your cat.

I realize that cats are not equal to humans and I have so many humans I daven for every day. I love all my animals and include them in a general prayer for the wellbeing of all creatures. As tehillim says. "Hashem opens his hands, and fufills the desire, of every living thing."

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 09:28:20 PM »
Muman I will pray for your kitty. I really hope they'll be healthy again for your sake and theirs.

Ask the vet about Revolution. You put it on once a month. It's safe. I use it for my ferret, Eva.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 09:37:43 PM »
We were having a flea problem...I found out about shots that the vet can give them every 6 months, it kills the larvae in the adult fleas,meaning, no more baby fleas..

I bet you could get it at the pet store, also, and give them yourself.....

Two of my cats were losing their hair, now their hair is all grown back and they gained weight.

We believe she became anemic from the fleas. Unfortunately we last gave her flea treatment, Advantage, about 2 months ago and it seems the the fleas are bad in the living room here. I definitely suggest treating the cats more than once every two or three months.

I appreciate the support and hope I can pick her up tomorrow morning.

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 10:42:55 PM »
I just prayed. Very sorry to hear this; I almost lost my dear kitty this winter but G-d saved her. Please keep us posted.

Advantage is supposed to be administered monthly. One full little bottle, back of the neck directly behind the head. If you have multiple cats they may lick it off of each other.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2009, 10:49:42 PM »
Muman my heart goes out to you! Will pray for Pepper to be healed and a speedy recovery. Please keep us posted!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2009, 10:59:26 PM »
You got my prayers. I know what it is like I am a pet owner myself
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2009, 11:03:39 PM »
Pets are family members....
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2009, 11:16:30 PM »
I just heard from the vet that the transfusion has been sucessful so far. I will be able to pick Pepper up at the vets early tomorrow morning. I doubt I will sleep very well this evening...

Thank you all.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2009, 11:36:47 PM »
I just heard from the vet that the transfusion has been sucessful so far. I will be able to pick Pepper up at the vets early tomorrow morning. I doubt I will sleep very well this evening...

Thank you all.

Yay! I'm so happy for your kitty Muman.

Thank God!

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 12:40:12 AM »
Muman, I will also pray for Pepper to have a speedy recovery. I am sorry your favorite pet is sick.

May G-d bless you and Pepper .....

Dox

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 01:52:54 AM »
Muman,   I hope you continue to receive good news about Pepper and that she makes a full recovery.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 12:06:24 PM »
Good Morning JTF fans!

I have good news that Pepper is feeling much, much better today after the transfusion and although I am still very tired I am optimistic that she will make it. We still have to bring her in tomorrow morning for a blood test. I still hope that there are no more complications. I appreciate everyones continued support and I look forward to being able to cease worrying so much.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 12:55:07 PM »
I'll keep praying for Pepper. I really want your cat to be healthy and happy Muman.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2009, 12:59:25 PM »
I pray for the health of your pet.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2009, 01:46:12 PM »
what's her hebrew name and mom's name? ;D
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 05:53:20 PM »
 :::D

what's her hebrew name and mom's name? ;D
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 06:07:58 PM »
Hi Muman, is there any news yet about Pepper's progress? I am wishing the best for her and you too.

Shalom - Dox
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 06:47:49 PM by republicandox »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2009, 06:10:01 PM »
Hi Muman, is there any new yet about Pepper's progress? I am wishing the best for her and you too.

Shalom - Dox

I am still on pins and needles... I have to work today and from what I hear Pepper is still doing well. Unfortunately a little doubt was put in my mind and I am worrying, hopefully needlessly, because I heard that she is somewhat lethargic still but she just ate another meal recently so she still had a good appetite. I was so happy to see her this morning and really hope that she remains healthy so I can stop worrying so much.

Thanks,

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2009, 09:35:23 PM »
SALMON is the absolutely best thing you can give her right now....LOADED with iron....good for anyone (or cats) who is anemic.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2009, 10:47:35 PM »
SALMON is the absolutely best thing you can give her right now....LOADED with iron....good for anyone (or cats) who is anemic.

Very funny you should mention that.... Just when I got home, about 10 minutes ago, I gave Pepper a Fancy Feast meal of Salmon. I think I am doing good for her...

Thank you,