Author Topic: ABC News: White house admitting Obama has Muslim roots, has 'experienced' Islam  (Read 954 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/06/abc-news-jake-tapper-and-sunlen-miller-report-the-other-day-we-heard-a-comment-from-a-white-house-aide-that-neverwould-have.html

The Emergence of President Obama's Muslim Roots

June 02, 2009 6:58 PM

ABC News' Jake Tapper and Sunlen Miller report: The other day we heard a comment from a White House aide that never would have been uttered during the primaries or general election campaign.

During a conference call in preparation for President Obama's trip to Cairo, Egypt, where he will address the Muslim world, deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communications Denis McDonough said "the President himself experienced Islam on three continents before he was able to -- or before he's been able to visit, really, the heart of the Islamic world -- you know, growing up in Indonesia, having a Muslim father -- obviously Muslim Americans (are) a key part of Illinois and Chicago."

Given widespread unease and prejudice against Muslims among Americans, especially in the wake of 9/11, the Obama campaign was perhaps understandably very sensitive during the primaries and general election to downplay the candidate's Muslim roots.

The candidate was even offended when referred to by his initials "BHO," because he considered the use of his middle name, "Hussein," an attempt to frighten voters.

With insane rumors suggesting he was some sort of Muslim Manchurian candidate, then-Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., and his campaign did everything they could to emphasize his Christianity and de-emphasize the fact that his father, Barack Obama Sr., was born Muslim.

The candidate's comment at a Boca Raton, Florida, town hall meeting on May 22, 2008, was typical: "My father was basically agnostic, as far as I can tell, and I didn't know him," he said.

In September 2008, candidate Obama told a Pennsylvania crowd, "I know that I'm not your typical presidential candidate and I just want to be honest with you. I know that the temptation is to say, 'You know what? The guy hasn't been there that long in Washington. You know, he's got a funny name. You know, we're not sure about him.' And that's what the Republicans when they say this isn't about issues, it's about personalities, what they're really saying is, 'We're going to try to scare people about Barack. So we're going to say that, you know, maybe he's got Muslim connections.'...Just making stuff up."

Back then, the campaign's "Fight the Smears" website addressed the candidate's faith without mentioning his father's religion:

"Barack Obama is a committed Christian. He was sworn into the Senate on his family Bible. He has regularly attended church with his wife and daughters for years. But shameful, shadowy attackers have been lying about Barack’s religion, claiming he is a Muslim instead of a committed Christian. When people fabricate stories about someone’s faith to denigrate them politically, that’s an attack on people of all faiths. Make sure everyone you know is aware of this deception."

The website also provided quotes from the Boston Globe and Newsweek mentioning his father's roots.

Since the election, however, with the threat of the rumors at least somewhat abated, the White House has been increasingly forthcoming about the president's roots. Especially when reaching out to the
Muslim world.

In his April 6 address to the Turkish Parliament, President Obama referenced how many "Americans have Muslims in their families or have lived in a Muslim majority country. I know, because I am one of them."

- Jake Tapper and Sunlen Miller

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
It wont be long before the filthy niggeraa starts sporting a dish towel on his head in the Oval Office. >:(
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
I think David ben Moshe predicted this in one of the videos he did with Chaim, that Obama might start admitting that he's a Muslim once in office.

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
I think David did as well. But even if obama comes out with a rug and praying to mecca the far left wouldn't even care. Look how the republicans will not even say a word against sotomayor

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
I don't think that any of us here at jtf are surprised by this info.
And, little by little they are going to let more things such as this leak out with the goal of trying to make it mainstream in our society.
As if it were perfectly alright and normal.

Oh, what wicked webs they weave with the goal to deceive.

Offline whywhywhy

• Full JTFer
The American mob is stupid and blind. Obama is part of  the Muslim conspiracy to conquer the world.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
The American mob is stupid and blind. Obama is part of  the Muslim conspiracy to conquer the world.

I completely agree with you.

The Republicans need to use Barack Hussein Obama's more open approach towards his Muslim connections against him or a repeat of the 2008 election is likely in 2012.     Even well before 2012,   the Republican Party needs to put doubts in the minds of the American public.    They certainly can't depend on the media to help in the process.       
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Americans think it's hip to be pro-Islam. That's what this comes down to unfortunately.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
How convenient, they expose his roots when its too late to do anything about it on purpose!

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
I would like to know why nobody can bring this administration under criminal charges for exposing our nuclear sites, and lying about identity?  Now they are saying he is not a US citizen because of where he was born.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
I think he wouldn't com out until he secured a second term.