Author Topic: Don't trust alternative medicine  (Read 2569 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Don't trust alternative medicine
« on: June 08, 2009, 07:50:48 AM »

I thought I'd share this video with all of you because JTFers are very important to me.

"There is little or no evidence that they are safe and effective. In fact health experts warn patients can miss their only chance of beating the disease"

"If she had not wasted time taking what we call alternative medicine, she probably could have been cured"

"The risk of taking a pill without knowing what's in it is it could have side effects, just like any medication that you might take. Anything that has a therapeutic effect, also has the potential to have a side effect, it also has the potential of interacting with another therapy"

"When Leslee Flasch finally faced the truth that the supplements weren't working, it was too late. The disease which was potentially curable earlier on, had consumed much of her lower body. ... Leslee Flasch was 53 when she died."

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Don't trust alternative medicine
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 08:32:04 AM »
Interesting
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 08:39:59 AM »
Well, certain herbs really do clean your inside well though.
The simplist would be various teas.
It can reduce you chances of getting cancer.

But I wouldn't rely on them to cure cancer.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 08:43:05 AM »
I think the main point of this video and the main point of my posting this here is just to tell people not to rely on this stuff when it comes to deadly diseases. If a doctor tells you that you need radiation and chemotherapy, then you need it.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 11:53:39 AM »
As if the medicine they give in pharmacies is any safer? How many times in recent years have we learned about lots of people dying from pharmaceuticals? I think that all drugs are nasty and evil. My recent experience with doctors mis-diagnosing and mis-perscribing all kinds of medication just proves what I am saying. Virtually everyone, except my father thank Hashem, have had aweful experiences with doctors and medicines. My dad is alive thanks to the process of dialysis and blood pressure meds... But who knows what the side-effects are?

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 11:58:15 AM »
Muman I don't completely trust doctors either, and because they are human, they can be wrong. Someone I knew ended up dying of breast cancer. Years earlier she had found a lump and the doctor had told her nothing would come of it and that it was benign. So yes you should question your doctors and get a second opinion sometimes. However at least doctors generally base their practice on established criteria rather than stuff which has no guarantees as to potency or outcome.

If someone has cancer, and they rely on alternative medicine, they are basically sentencing themselves to death.

Just imagine if one of the anti-vaccine fanatics got bitten by a rabid animal. If they didn't get the vaccine, they would die a horrible death. If they did take the vaccine, they'd be saved. That's the only way to save someone.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 12:13:36 PM »
Muman I don't completely trust doctors either, and because they are human, they can be wrong. Someone I knew ended up dying of breast cancer. Years earlier she had found a lump and the doctor had told her nothing would come of it and that it was benign. So yes you should question your doctors and get a second opinion sometimes. However at least doctors generally base their practice on established criteria rather than stuff which has no guarantees as to potency or outcome.

If someone has cancer, and they rely on alternative medicine, they are basically sentencing themselves to death.

Just imagine if one of the anti-vaccine fanatics got bitten by a rabid animal. If they didn't get the vaccine, they would die a horrible death. If they did take the vaccine, they'd be saved. That's the only way to save someone.

I agree... There are some medicines which certainly provide relief and cures... But it is not the case that every medicine and every doctor can cure a disease.

My step-dad was put on a very harsh regime of Chemo for his cancer and has decided to not go that route. It appears it was a good decision because the cancer is currently in remission.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 12:22:25 PM »
I'm glad for him Muman but for a lot of people that decision could have been a death sentence. I'm happy that he had his cancer go into remission and I hope he stays cancer free.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 12:26:37 PM »
When it comes to cancer... LISTEN TO YOUR Oncologist!!!  My mother who had breast cancer was in a group of women with the same cancer at the same stage... and she did exactly as the Oncologist suggested (radiation and Chemo) and the women in the group who decided against the oncologists recommendations (And only did Chemo or only did Radiation, or did neither) all passed away shortly after.

I thank god she listened to her oncologist... and caught the disease in time.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 12:36:21 PM »
Briann I feel so bad for those other women but I'm really glad that your mother made the smart decision and followed her doctor's advice. It's horrible when you lose someone in your family, and especially if they're lost because of something that could have been prevented. I'm so glad your mom was ok.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 12:57:52 PM »
I think people feel that alternative medicine may not always be effective, but that they are 'safe'.  That is not always true, they can also have serious side effects.  They are probably far less researched then traditional medication and treatments.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 01:12:48 PM »
I think people feel that alternative medicine may not always be effective, but that they are 'safe'.  That is not always true, they can also have serious side effects.  They are probably far less researched then traditional medication and treatments.

Yes this is very scary. Some of them can even have very harmful affects, like colloidal silver causing argyria. Also like the woman in the video was saying they can interact with other therapies you're taking possibly making them less effective.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 01:32:31 PM »
Briann I feel so bad for those other women but I'm really glad that your mother made the smart decision and followed her doctor's advice. It's horrible when you lose someone in your family, and especially if they're lost because of something that could have been prevented. I'm so glad your mom was ok.

Thanks.  Yes, it was very scary... but it seems to be in complete remission now.  :)

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 01:53:43 PM »
I think the main point of this video and the main point of my posting this here is just to tell people not to rely on this stuff when it comes to deadly diseases. If a doctor tells you that you need radiation and chemotherapy, then you need it.

That is not 100% true. You may need chemo but from what others who have had the treatment say that the chemo is worse than the cancer. I for one never had cancer thank Hashem.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 02:45:57 PM »
The side effects are horrible but it may save your life, so it's worth it.

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2009, 04:31:57 PM »
I also read that it can be deadly to have surgery when you have cancer because it will spread so fast. I knew a women who had surgery and then she died 3 days later. But that isn't the case for most people.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2009, 04:55:17 PM »
I also read that it can be deadly to have surgery when you have cancer because it will spread so fast. I knew a women who had surgery and then she died 3 days later. But that isn't the case for most people.

I think people should try to talk with their doctors about the risks of surgery and discuss whether the risks outweight the potential benefits. Sometimes the wrong call is made, but at least a doctor can help to give you an informed choice.

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2009, 05:09:22 PM »
What about Noni juice?
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2009, 05:16:48 PM »
What about Noni juice?

a VERY expensive way to get anti-oxidants.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2009, 07:58:00 PM »
What about Noni juice?

I don't think it's harmful, at least as far as I know (could be wrong), but you can get some great antioxidants by eating any kind of fruit, especially berries. I'm not sure how it is where you live but here in Texas we have a wild type of blackberries that grows every spring called Dewberries. They're really tart and great for making pies or just eating out of hand. Sometimes they have bugs on them though so they might not be kosher. But you can go out in the field and pick them for free if you can find a bush where they are growing. It's a lot of fun to pick one right off the vine and pop it into your mouth. It tastes so good, and it has a lot of antioxidants.

Offline MountainMan

• Full JTFer
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2009, 12:19:36 AM »
Alternative medicine rocks.. DOn't trust greedy, slimy doctors and pharmaceutical companies who make a giant profit off your demise.   :dance:   G-d gave the grass for cattle, herbs for service of man.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2009, 01:57:29 AM »
What about Noni juice?

I don't think it's harmful, at least as far as I know (could be wrong), but you can get some great antioxidants by eating any kind of fruit, especially berries. I'm not sure how it is where you live but here in Texas we have a wild type of blackberries that grows every spring called Dewberries. They're really tart and great for making pies or just eating out of hand. Sometimes they have bugs on them though so they might not be kosher. But you can go out in the field and pick them for free if you can find a bush where they are growing. It's a lot of fun to pick one right off the vine and pop it into your mouth. It tastes so good, and it has a lot of antioxidants.

I am eating some yummy blueberries as I write this... They are full of anti-oxidants too...

Offline MountainMan

• Full JTFer
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2009, 06:02:40 AM »
I take many types of antioxidants, Green Tea, CoQ10, Reishi mushrooms,  Alphia-Lipoic Acid, Antioxidant fruit poweders, many many more.

Yeah yeah, I can hear the doctors sayign it now.. ohnnono there is no proof it prevents or cures cancer.. Only our very expensive pharmaceuticals (which make us lots of $$$$) and our very intense chemo trreatment (whichwe make lots of $$$$)   can cure this unkown diseased called cancer until we find the cure (whilch will make lots of $$$$ and not work!).

By the way the human body is comlpex mechanism, not a sewere you can dump ur filth into and expect some kind of drain declogger to fix..  American society is so brainwashed at the mercy of greedy, slimy doctors.  Shame on the m all .. The FDA is the borg.

YUP YUP YUP

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2009, 08:13:22 AM »
What about Noni juice?

I am eating some yummy blueberries as I write this... They are full of anti-oxidants too...

Oh Muman I love blueberries. they're so good :)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2009, 08:37:46 AM »
The FDA is the borg.

YUP YUP YUP

I think that there are probably ways in which the FDA can improve, but I'm grateful its there. It keeps our medicine system from ending up like a lot of other countries where completely different medicines are in the bottle than what's on the label, or counterfeit medicines are passed off as the real thing, etc.