Poll

Which describes your opinions best?

I believe races should not intermarry and believe in creationism
I believe races should not intermarry and believe that evolution is possible
I believe that races can intermarry if the same culture and religion and believe in creationism
I believe that races can intermarry if same religion and culture and believe in evolution is possible

Author Topic: Which camp do you belong to?  (Read 953 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Which camp do you belong to?
« on: June 08, 2009, 02:39:28 PM »
please explain your viewpoint...Evolution vs. Creationism and racial intermarriage are hot topics on the forum...Combining the two I am curious to see who belongs to which camp.

I believe that races of the same culture and religion can intermarry...by race that includes whites, blacks, mongoloids...
I believe evolution MIGHT be an answer of HOW Gd creates the diversity of life.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
Re: Which camp do you belong to?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 02:43:48 PM »
I believe that races can intermarry if same religion and culture and believe in evolution is possible

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 02:49:17 PM »
I believe in personal choices, so people can chose to intermarry.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 03:03:29 PM »
This is an unusual question.  Are you thinking that intermarriage opinion is somehow linked to evolution beliefs?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 03:22:00 PM »
Jews can marry anyone so long as that person is Jewish and of the opposite sex... Other than that I have no opinion. Evolution is a nice theory but it hasn't been proven and there are holes in the theory.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 03:24:40 PM »
This is an unusual question.  Are you thinking that intermarriage opinion is somehow linked to evolution beliefs?

Naa, i'm just curious... but it can be interesting study to see if there is a correlation between the two...I highly doubt it though...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 03:27:39 PM »
Jews can marry anyone so long as that person is Jewish and of the opposite sex... Other than that I have no opinion. Evolution is a nice theory but it hasn't been proven and there are holes in the theory.

Not to denegrate our Holy Torah..there are holes in them too..that's why we have the rabbis and talmud to fill those "holes" with Midrashim....and the then the holes in the Talmud filled in with Kabbalah...

There is very little we humans are capable in understanding and interpreting. I do not doubt that Gd created the universe.  However, evolution...maybe not as it is exactly described...but nevertheless, might be an answer of HOW Gd creates life. 

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 03:32:20 PM »
Camp 3.  :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 03:59:25 PM »
I feel the races should better have intermarriage within similar religion and culture and think that evolution is perhaps the design and beneficial game plan within the paradigm of the G_d, which we may or may not understand.

There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Moshe92

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 04:27:48 PM »
Camp 4. I don't think we should spend too much time arguing about those issues.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 04:31:07 PM »
Third camp.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 04:56:44 PM »