Author Topic: American Christian Funding Flows To Jewish Settlers  (Read 1322 times)

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
American Christian Funding Flows To Jewish Settlers
« on: June 19, 2009, 12:18:34 AM »
http://www.scpr.org/news/2009/06/12/american-christian-funding-flows-jewish-settlers/

American Christian Funding Flows To Jewish Settlers
Jun 12, 2009 | Sheera Frenkel | NPR

President Obama has called on Israel to stop expanding Jewish settlements in the West Bank. But U.S. evangelical Christian groups continue to raise millions of dollars for the communities, which many others see as an obstacle to peace between Israel and the Palestinians.

As President Obama calls on Israel to stop expanding Jewish settlements in the West Bank, support for the settlers remains strong among evangelical Christian groups across America. They are raising millions of dollars for the settlements, which critics view as a major obstacle to peace between Israel and the Palestinians.

On a recent afternoon in a Jewish settlement in the heart of the West Bank city of Hebron, a group of visiting American Christians peruses a display case of olive wood crosses amid the blaring music of Jewish Bible verses set to song. Several of the visitors wear pins of interlocking Israeli and American flags. It's a sign, they say, of their commitment to the Jewish state.

Christian support — through tourism and donations — brings in millions of dollars, leading anti-occupation groups to accuse the U.S. of sending mixed signals. While successive U.S. administrations have called Jewish settlements a stumbling block to peace, the American government allows U.S. citizens to directly fund them.

David Wilder, a spokesman for the Jewish settlers in Hebron, says the support is important.

"There are many people who are not Jewish, who very much love the state of Israel, they love the land of Israel, they understand the necessity for the Jews to be here, and they express that love in different ways. One of those is financially," he says.

Grass-Roots Support Among U.S. Christians

Much of the support comes from fundamentalist Christians, who believe in biblical prophecies that Jews will inherit the land of Israel. Ardent followers also embrace literal interpretations of the Bible that a thriving state of Israel is a prerequisite for an apocalyptic end-time and the return of Jesus to earth. Often led by the charismatic leaders of megachurches, these grass-roots groups across the U.S. raise millions of dollars each year.

An estimated 250,000 Jewish settlers are living on territory captured by Israel in 1967. They claim they have a right to be on the land, while Palestinians consider the West Bank part of a future Palestinian state.

Sondra Oster Baras is the director of Israel's branch of the Christian Friends of Israeli Communities — a liaison office for donors wanting to give to the settlements. At her office in the Karnei Shomron settlement, she sits amid posters and pamphlets that call for Jews to settle Judea and Samaria, the biblical name for the West Bank.

She estimates that more than half of the Jewish settlements in the West Bank receive direct or indirect funding from Christian communities.

Baras says donors can choose among several programs, including one called "adopt a settler," in which money goes toward the daily needs of the settlers: helping build new schools, health facilities and synagogues.

"Our major donors are themselves organizations or ministries or churches. They themselves have raised those monies in small amounts — $5, $20 from a line of people — and put it together, so it's very much grass-roots," she says.

The Palestinian Perspective

Palestinians in Hebron say that they are outraged by the support these American groups give.

Because 650 Jewish settlers live in the heart of Hebron, Israel has erected checkpoints and closed off roads to the thousands of Palestinians in the city.

Huda Abar Khud has watched Christians pass by her Hebron neighborhood as they make their way to the Jewish settlers.

"If they knew the impact and how it affects people's lives here, innocent people's lives here, I think they might change the way they support these settlements," she says.

Settler: Jewish Communities Will Remain

For their part, settler organizations are now worried that the money could begin to dry up.

Wilder says he fears Obama's strong stance against the settlement movement will affect fundraising.

"I know that there are many people that I know, friends that I have who are not Jewish, are very, very, very concerned about Obama's policies, and we're all in the same boat. People are very concerned about it," he says.

Wilder says the Obama administration knows what is happening and could make it more difficult for Christians to directly fund Jewish settlements.

"Today, there are no secrets," he says. "In the United States, the people in the administrations there know who is helping whom, and how much money is coming over, and what kind of support is being given here and there and everywhere else. The question is, what is the counter to that?"

But no one in the settlements has begun pinching pennies yet. And no matter what happens, Wilder says, the settlements will remain — and he hopes so will Christian support of them.

"Administrations come and administrations go, and the evangelists stay. There have been presidents that have come and gone, and prime ministers that have come and gone, and Hebron is still here. And Hebron is going to stay here," Wilder says.

.....................................................................................

Yet another reminder of the righteous values of a multitude of Christians who truly support Israel and the evil agenda of Barack Hussein Obama and his hideous administration.

eb22
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: American Christian Funding Flows To Jewish Settlers
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 12:40:20 AM »
I am not amused that they are selling crosses in the Hebron in the West Bank... That is unbelievable..

Isn't Hevron where Abraham and Sarah are buried in the Cave of Macpeleh?

Oy...

http://www.chabad.org/search/keyword_cdo/kid/8412/jewish/Cave-of-Machpelah.htm

Overview

One of the most famous pieces of real estate on earth is the Cave of Machpelah (also known as the "Cave of the Patriarchs") in the southern Israeli city of Hebron.

Machpelah means "doubled" in Hebrew. One reason given is that four prestigious couples are buried there: Adam and Eve, Abraham and Sarah, Isaac and Rebecca, and Jacob and Leah. (Our matriarch Rachel was buried elsewhere.)

PS: Im all for Zionist support from anyone, but there must be respect for the G-d of Israel...

« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 12:45:39 AM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 08:41:44 AM »
I am not amused that they are selling crosses in the Hebron in the West Bank... That is unbelievable..

Oy...

Overview

One of the most famous pieces of real estate on earth is the Cave of Machpelah (also known as the "Cave of the Patriarchs") in the southern Israeli city of Hebron.

Machpelah means "doubled" in Hebrew. One reason given is that four prestigious couples are buried there: Adam and Eve, Abraham and Sarah, Isaac and Rebecca, and Jacob and Leah. (Our matriarch Rachel was buried elsewhere.)

PS: Im all for Zionist support from anyone, but there must be respect for the G-d of Israel...

It doesn't say they are SELLING crosses, only that there is a display case. But even if they ARE selling them, so what? It's helping to raise MORE money to help Israel. Christians deem this land just as sacred as Jews do.

Thank you for this story eb! I hope and pray this obamanation of an administration doesn't put a stop to this.
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 12:22:24 PM »
I am totally committed to helping Israel, and that black muslim is not going to stop me.  I have been buying jewelry, gifts, Judacia from shops in Israel too.  Ethnics Art Cooperative.com, www.poratjewelry.com House of Shalom, and [email protected] Sarah Tamir.   Beautiful hand made jewelry and gifts. 

Even if America isn't free anymore, we want to see to it that Israel is supported and loved until the Great Messiah gets here.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 12:28:34 PM »

Oy...

Overview

muman,     like arksis  ( my pleasure with the article  ) mentioned,    the article doesn't mention that they were selling crosses.

Here's my take on the situation.        It doesn't add up that these Christians who came to Hebron were attempting to sell crosses to the Jewish settlers or even more extreme attempting to convert the Settlers.       These Settlers are in essence the LAST group of people who would compromise their Jewish faith.       Based on a couple of article,   including this one,   they consist of between 650 and 700 people.     They are surrounded by Arab Nazi Muslim PLO/ Fatah Terrorists,   who want to destroy them,   the Jewish people in general,   and eventually all " infidels "  who don't convert to Islam.        Yet despite being HEAVILY outnumbered by individuals who want to destroy them,   these heroic Jewish settlers continue to live in Hebron.    G-d Bless them and their families.      It's hard to imagine this group of people being a market for crosses or anything that compromises their Jewish faith.    

While attempting to convert Jews in general is something that shouldn't take place in the land of Israel or anywhere for that matter,     unless proven otherwise,    I believe that these Christians had good intent for Israel and the Jewish people.        In reality,   they put themselves at risk as well,     as the Muslim terrorists clearly look at them as the enemy as well.    They seem like a natural ally for JTF/  Hayamin.Org.       In the "   Ask JTF"  question I plan on asking Chaim on the next program,  I'm going to post the link to this thread,    as well as ask him about the Christian Friends of Israeli Communities organization mentioned in this article.  

http://www.cfoic.com/index.jsp

"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 04:04:51 PM »

Oy...

Overview

It doesn't say they are SELLING crosses, only that there is a display case. But even if they ARE selling them, so what? It's helping to raise MORE money to help Israel. Christians deem this land just as sacred as Jews do.

Thank you for this story eb! I hope and pray this obamanation of an administration doesn't put a stop to this.

It is a very difficult topic of Christians and the holyness of for us of land of Israel.

Of cause it is a special place, but a Christian didn't own the land and has no commandment to live there.

The best way to describe the relation is, that it is the center of our as gentiles adopted history as well the beginning of our own religion and history and it will be the end of it.

I don't think, that the land is "holy" for us, because we live now in the time of pure faith.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 06:15:30 AM »
Obviously this article was written by a leftist trying to get funding to the settlements cut off and sympathy for Muslim terrorists.  That's what's going on here.  The threat is not what Christians believe about the end times, it's what Muslims believe about the end times.  Yet I don't see them editorializing the Muslim's comments by noting "Muslims believe that the Jews must be destroyed in order to reign in the apocalyptic era" or something.
Yes it's a leftist alright California public radio
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03