Author Topic: Obama 'I have been an inperfect dad.'  (Read 538 times)

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
Obama 'I have been an inperfect dad.'
« on: June 21, 2009, 08:09:45 PM »
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/31437363?GT1=43001

Two days before the inauguration, PARADE published a letter from Barack Obama to his daughters about what he hoped for them and all the children of America. The letter attracted international attention. On this Father's Day, we asked the President to reflect on what fatherhood means to him.

As the father of two young girls who have shown such poise, humor, and patience in the unconventional life into which they have been thrust, I mark this Father’s Day — our first in the White House — with a deep sense of gratitude. One of the greatest benefits of being President is that I now live right above the office. I see my girls off to school nearly every morning and have dinner with them nearly every night. It is a welcome change after so many years out on the campaign trail and commuting between Chicago and Capitol Hill.

But I observe this Father’s Day not just as a father grateful to be present in my daughters’ lives but also as a son who grew up without a father in my own life. My father left my family when I was 2 years old, and I knew him mainly from the letters he wrote and the stories my family told. And while I was lucky to have two wonderful grandparents who poured everything they had into helping my mother raise my sister and me, I still felt the weight of his absence throughout my childhood.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Re: Obama 'I have been an inperfect dad.'
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 11:35:12 PM »
Well, if he wanted his daughters to be his first priority and if he wanted to devote more of his time to them, he should not have run for President.

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
Re: Obama 'I have been an inperfect dad.'
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 11:58:59 PM »
funny how he didn't mentioned sotero in the letter, yet he took his name as well.