Author Topic: Haredi Rabbi Tuvia Weiss: Don't protest Fag parade  (Read 430 times)

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
Haredi Rabbi Tuvia Weiss: Don't protest Fag parade
« on: June 21, 2009, 04:33:20 PM »

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1245184851057&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FPrinter

Rabbi Tuvia Weiss, head of the ultra-Orthodox Eda Haredit's Rabbinic Court, has issued a directive to his community to refrain from demonstrating against the Gay Pride Parade planned to be held in Jerusalem next week.

According to Israel Radio, Weiss instructed the Eda Haredit rabbis to ignore the parade altogether.

Sources in the gay community's Open House told Israel Radio that Weiss's instructions come in light of an agreement they reached with the haredi leaders.

However, despite the instructions, posters calling for demonstrations against the parade were put up in Jerusalem's haredi neighborhoods.

Eda Haredit sources told the radio station that right-wing groups were apparently using the posters in order to try and incite violence.

On Friday, many thousands of people danced, marched and cheered to trance and mixed Israeli dance music in Tel-Aviv's annual Gay Pride Parade.

Organizers of the 11th annual parade were delighted with the turnout and boasted that this was the biggest parade yet, with rumors spreading that as many as 30,000 people attended.

Last year, several thousand people marched in central Jerusalem to celebrate gay pride while ultra-Orthodox groups stationed nearby mourned the rally's passage through the Holy City.

However, the annual parade, plagued by violent protests in previous years, passed without incident, despite right-wing activist Baruch Marzel and a handful of haredi protesters hanging banners in Paris Square and yelling slogans at participant
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Haredi Rabbi Tuvia Weiss: Don't protest Fag parade
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 04:39:54 PM »
It is sad that this rabbi admits that they have 'struck a deal' with those perverts. I don't know what kind of deal would make it ok for a Jew to turn his back on evil which is parading in the street? It is a sin to not rebuke evil, and to 'turn the other cheek' so to speak. It is said that the people of Shechem deserved to die because they did not provide justice after the rape of Dinah. If one believes in the word of Hashem one must at least protest evil in your midst. I would not call for violence against these human dregs, but I would not prohibit pelting them with insults and fear.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 09:21:35 PM »
Muman, it is a horrible sin for the Israeli Government to allow Gay parades in the Holy Land.
I consider it a rude abomination and a direct insult to G-d.

I hope the gays are forced to leave Israel someday.

Offline Geert Akbar

• Full JTFer
    • My JTF video zootube channel
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 10:24:34 PM »
Muman, it is a horrible sin for the Israeli Government to allow Gay parades in the Holy Land.
I consider it a rude abomination and a direct insult to G-d.

I hope the gays are forced to leave Israel someday.

Indeed, I hope gays leave the world someday or at least hold it in and accept it as an obstacle that G-d put them in.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
-Thomas Jefferson