Author Topic: Chaim ben Pesach's recent comments about Rabbi Avi Weiss in Ask JTF, which show?  (Read 518 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Hello everyone.  I remember in one of the shows I downloaded recently, I believe Chaim made some comments about a Rabbi Avi Weiss (I think that was his name), who apparently tried to "protest" the soviet ballet teargassing.   I was wondering if anyone knew which ASK JTF show this was in (from which date) ?   

Is this the same person:   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avi_Weiss   ?

Seems like someone who has been fighting for Jonathan Pollard and sounds like generally a good person.  Hopefully this is not the same guy that Chaim was referring to.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Very interesting...

About two years ago I went with my Rabbi here to Berkeley and listened to Rabbi Avi Weiss speak. It was shortly after the KSM admissions of guilt which made me very angry... I got upset about something that the Rabbi said and I walked out of his talk... After his talk I approached him and told him my story. He said that I had a right to be upset at the terrorists and I should not forgive them {his speech was about forgiving everyone}.

My Rabbi thinks highly of Avi Weiss... He was called an 'activist' rabbi by my Rabbi. He recently was arrested during a protest of the Iranian dictator speaking at the UN last year. I don't know his feelings toward JTF or Chaim, but I would assume he would stand left of mainstream. I mean that he would support Israel and Aliyah, but would not take the more aggressive stance of JTF which involves relocation, etc...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14