Author Topic: Christian killed in mauritania for preaching  (Read 773 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Christian killed in mauritania for preaching
« on: June 25, 2009, 10:35:07 AM »
http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/197995.php 

al-Qaeda Murders Christian For Preaching the Gospel

leggitmurderd.jpgVia Yahoo News:

NOUAKCHOTT, Mauritania – Al-Jazeera TV says Al-Qaida's North Africa branch has claimed responsibility for the killing of an American aid worker shot dead this week in Mauritania's capital.

The Arab satellite TV station said it had received an audio statement from al-Qaida of the Islamic Maghreb in which the group said 39-year-old Christopher Ervin Leggett was killed Tuesday for allegedly trying to convert Muslims to Christianity.

There's a little twist. al-Qaeda of the Islamic Maghreb later released a statement saying that it was not an official statement and warning the "imposters" not to use their "brand". It also asks "the bros" to disregard any new statements that don't come from al-Fajr.

The statement says nothing about that it was wrong to murder Mr. Leggett. If fact it doesn't deny they did it or condemn it in any way. It simply states there was no official announcement.

In fact its unlawful under Islamic Sharia law to preach to Muslims. The penalty being you know, death.

That's some religion of peace and tolerance eh?

Jesus Via Bible Gateway:

Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Rest easy with the Lord Mr. Leggett. You are the true martyr and we have a pretty good idea whom "the deceiver" might be eh?
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
Re: Christian killed in mauritania for preaching
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 04:07:11 PM »
Mauritania is no safe place for Christians. Yimach shemo vezichro to that country.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 04:10:50 PM »
As long as they weren't preaching to Jews , especially in Israel, I condemn what happened... But I don't think that Christians should be preaching and trying to convert Jews in the holy land.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 04:18:06 PM »
As long as they weren't preaching to Jews , especially in Israel, I condemn what happened... But I don't think that Christians should be preaching and trying to convert Jews in the holy land.

But you gotta understand this. Mauritania is a Muslim country and if you try to convince the natives to convert to Christianity, they'll cut your head off.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 04:33:31 PM »

But you gotta understand this. Mauritania is a Muslim country and if you try to convince the natives to convert to Christianity, they'll cut your head off.

Certainly what they are doing to Christians in Muslim countries is repulsive and should be condemned.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 04:37:48 PM »

Certainly what they are doing to Christians in Muslim countries is repulsive and should be condemned.

I agree, Wholeheartedly.