Author Topic: Israeli businessman in India to be deported on grounds of national security  (Read 1307 times)

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
In another instance of anti-semitic actions of Congress ruling party of India, an israeli businessman is asked to leave the country on grounds of national security. This man has been living here for 13 yrs, and employed many youths in his company. While millions of filthy bangladesh muslims are allowed to stay freely in India, an Innocent Israeli has been asked to leave the country, without providing any damn evidence on how he is termed a threat.

-----------------------

Mumbai: It has been 13 years since Hillel Shapira, 50, an Israeli national, moved to India. Based in Pune, he set up a business called Dakini Health Foods, employing about two dozen people for production and processing of health food.

In April, Shapira was asked to leave India by the government after it rejected his application for extension of visa. His pleas to the government, seeking review of the "harsh" decision got no response. So, Shapira has now moved the Bombay High Court for respite.

The outcome of Shapira's case will be keenly watched as in today's global village several foreigners set up base in different countries. "How can a person, who has been living in this country legally and running a lawful business that provides employment to several Indians, be suddenly asked to leave without even being given a reason for his eviction?" asked Shapira's lawyer, Manoj Mohite.

The Israeli got permission from the Reserve Bank of India in 1996 to set up his business. A month before his business visa expired in June 2006, Shapira applied for a five-year extension of visa. For three years, he heard nothing from the government.

On April 29, the foreigners' registration officer (FRO) in Pune verbally told him that his application had been rejected and he should leave the country. Shapira immediately wrote a letter, stating that he had an established business in India with many responsibilities and obligations, and thus it was not possible for him to leave immediately.

On April 30, he got a letter from state home department, dated April 20, asking him to leave country by April 30. The letter did not explain why his application was rejected. Shapira sought a review of the decision to refuse him visa extension. On June 3, the FRO imposed restrictions on him not to move out of the FRO office in Pune till his departure from the country.

Assistant public prosecutor AS Gadkari told the court that Shapira's application was rejected as he had allegedly tampered with his visa. However, the embassy at Bangkok, which had issued Shapira the visa, has not yet confirmed or denied the tampering charge.

The court has sought original records of Shapira's case. The matter will be heard on June 25.

http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report_after-13-yrs-in-india-israeli-trader-gets-marching-orders_1266321

Mumbai: Hillel Shapira, when contacted by DNA in Pune, said, "I am currently under detention at the Foreigners' Registration Office (FRO). It is unfortunate that I have been treated this way by the Indian government. Once, it had invited me conduct business in this country. Now, it wants me thrown out."

He added, "I have approached the Israeli high commission. It has taken the matter up with the ministry of home affairs. What hurts the most is that the government wants to throw me out at a time when I am very much settled in India and have established my health food business."

Shapira said he had applied for extension of his business visa at least six times. "For three long years I had been waiting in vain for a reply from the home ministry. It only shows how indifferent the officials can be. Then one fine day, the concerned authorities asked me to leave the country without giving me any explanation whatsoever. I was left with no alternative but to move the Bombay High Court for justice. With me confined at the Pune FRO, my wife alone is doing the rounds at the court," said Shapira. Nadeem Inamdar

http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report_once-i-was-invited-now-i-m-being-thrown-out_1266323

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
Seems to be some EuroCommunist and muslamic angle behind this, which the higher justive authorities may be able to understand.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
Another outrageous act of anti semitism coming from muslims who are in the process of trying to take over yet another Country, in this case India.
How ironic and more so hypocritical that muslims dare to pick on Jews while they themselves open businesses in every Country on Earth.
If this kind of behavior coming from the muslims is not put to a stop, our World will be dominated by islam in a few decades.

P.S.    D E A T H   TO  I S L A M

Shalom - Dox

Offline Yochai

• Senior JTFer
Yes, this is more proof of the Anti-Semitism that is Rampant in the Congress Party.

At the same time though, I feel that Israelis should not be leaving Israel, and believe that this Shapira character should make his way back to his home country.  Owning a business is fine, bu the manner in which he is talking makes it seem like he doesn't see Israel as home.