Author Topic: Israel defies U.S. demands for settlement freeze, approves building of 50  (Read 1514 times)

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Israel defies U.S. demands for settlement freeze, approves building of 50 homes in West Bank

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2009/06/29/2009-06-29_israel_approves_building_of_homes_in_west_ba.html#ixzz0K2stQbD1&C

Israel’s Defense Ministry said on Monday it had approved construction of 50 new homes at a West Bank settlement as part of a plan for 1,450 housing units, an expansion that defies a U.S. call for a settlement freeze.

News of the planned building work emerged hours before Defence Minister Ehud Barak left for the United States for talks aimed at narrowing a rift with Washington over settlements.

He will meet President Barack Obama’s Middle East envoy, George Mitchell, in New York on Tuesday, Barak’s office said.

An affidavit submitted by the Defense Ministry to the Supreme Court outlined plans to relocate settlers from Migron, an outpost built in the West Bank without Israeli government permission, to the settlement of Adam, north of Jerusalem.

According to the document, a response to a court case brought by the Israeli anti-settlement group Peace Now, a master plan for Adam calls for the construction of 1,450 homes there.

But the ministry said it had given the go-ahead for the construction of only 50 of the dwellings and any additional units would require its separate approval.

Obama has pressed Israel to halt settlement activity as part of a bid to revive peace talks under which the Palestinians would gain statehood.

In a rare dispute between Israel and its main ally, the United States, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has refused to declare a settlement freeze, saying some construction should continue to match population growth within the enclaves.

Peace Now said some 2,500 settlement homes are currently under construction in the West Bank. 
In the West Bank city of Ramallah, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas reiterated his refusal to resume negotiations with Israel until it froze settlement.

"We won’t accept the continuation of settlements," he said.

Abbas also urged Netanyahu to drop his conditions for the creation of a Palestinian state, which include international guarantees it would have no army and a demand the Palestinians recognise Israel as a Jewish state.

"Israel should accept the two-state vision and not put conditions that would render the issue meaningless," Abbas said, echoing comments he made through a spokesman after a Netanyahu policy address on June 14.

To further complicate matters, Abbas' Fatah group accused rival Hamas of arresting dozens of Fatah activists in the Gaza Strip.

The recriminations threaten to derail Egyptian-mediated efforts to reconcile the two Palestinian groups.

Barak left open the possibility of a limited, temporary halt to construction in settlements in comments he made on Sunday in response to an Israeli newspaper report that he would propose a three-month moratorium.

Barak has also spoken of couching a Palestinian deal within a wider Israeli-Arab peace accord.

A goal of the Israeli-U.S. negotiations is "advancing a process for a comprehensive regional settlement in the Middle East," Barak’s office quoted him as saying in a statement.

Moshe92

Good. I hope the government will also stop dismantling outposts.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
I hate that they used the word "defy"! How DARE the USA tell Israel what she can and cannot do! I am glad they are building more, and they have EVERY right to. Thanks for the great article ag337.
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
I hate that they used the word "defy"! How DARE the USA tell Israel what she can and cannot do! I am glad they are building more, and they have EVERY right to. Thanks for the great article ag337.

arksis,
That's the best part of the entire article.
They use the word "defy" as if our inept President is the Supreme Leader of the entire World!!!

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
Build, build, build (instead of drill drill drill). :dance: :dance:

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
I agree, they must build and ignore the demands to stop building..at any cost!

The Irony of this is almost unbearable for me, I realize how muslims are all over the World
buying up businesses, land, homes and G-d knows what else. While the muslims take over the Globe
they have the dammed nerve to scream about Israel? The irony and hypocrisy is unbearable as I said.

I am so done with evil people.

Shalom & G-d Bless!

Dox

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
I agree, they must build and ignore the demands to stop building..at any cost!

The Irony of this is almost unbearable for me, I realize how muslims are all over the World
buying up businesses, land, homes and G-d knows what else. While the muslims take over the Globe
they have the dammed nerve to scream about Israel? The irony and hypocrisy is unbearable as I said.

I am so done with evil people.

Shalom & G-d Bless!

Dox

EXACTLY
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
AsheDina, this tread reminds me of a dream my daughter had. I told you over the phone but I will now share it with the forum.

My daughter had a dream that she was looking out her window. She saw the desert and there was a huge giant...she said he was wearing white pants that looked like a diaper wrapped around him. I interpet this as some type of biblical attire, anyways this Giant was building a huge wall that was at least 200 feet tall according to her description. The Giant was using red bricks and surrounding the giant were thousands of dark skinned ( tiny people ) that were trying to bring the Giant down with ropes. Each time the Giant placed a brick in the wall, the tiny people would throw ropes at the Giant in hopes to bring him down. My daughter told me that in her dream she felt very sorry for the Giant because he was attempting to build something and was being tortured by the tiny dark skinned people. The tiny people were also dressed in biblical clothing...sandals, white clothes, etc.
The taller the wall became, the more desperate the tiny people became in their attempts to bring down the Giant.
My daughter also told me that the Giant became frustrated and started flailing his arms everywhere and he was trying to kick the tiny people with his legs also. Despite the Giant's opposition the Giant never stopped placing the bricks on the wall.

If anyone on the forum would care to help interpet this dream, I would appreciate it.

Thanks and Shalom

Dox
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 08:18:27 PM by republicandox »

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Beware of politics of the hidden hand and this sounds like a prime example of it. This seems like its intended to make the government in Israel look strong against a two state solution however at the end of the day they will cave and blame everyone else in the world for their weakness. Only Israel itself can hold the line in this situation.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
They should build 50 new settlements not 50 new houses!
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn

arksis,
That's the best part of the entire article.
They use the word "defy" as if our inept President is the Supreme Leader of the entire World!!!

Thanks ag337! I guess I took it a different way, the way you explain makes alot more sense. I was just sooooooooooo mad when I saw that!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
They should build 50 new settlements not 50 new houses!

Would LOVE to see that!
Meir Kahane

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
AsheDina, this tread reminds me of a dream my daughter had. I told you over the phone but I will now share it with the forum.

My daughter had a dream that she was looking out her window. She saw the desert and there was a huge giant...she said he was wearing white pants that looked like a diaper wrapped around him. I interpet this as some type of biblical attire, anyways this Giant was building a huge wall that was at least 200 feet tall according to her description. The Giant was using red bricks and surrounding the giant were thousands of dark skinned ( tiny people ) that were trying to bring the Giant down with ropes. Each time the Giant placed a brick in the wall, the tiny people would throw ropes at the Giant in hopes to bring him down. My daughter told me that in her dream she felt very sorry for the Giant because he was attempting to build something and was being tortured by the tiny dark skinned people. The tiny people were also dressed in biblical clothing...sandals, white clothes, etc.
The taller the wall became, the more desperate the tiny people became in their attempts to bring down the Giant.
My daughter also told me that the Giant became frustrated and started flailing his arms everywhere and he was trying to kick the tiny people with his legs also. Despite the Giant's opposition the Giant never stopped placing the bricks on the wall.

If anyone on the forum would care to help interpet this dream, I would appreciate it.

Thanks and Shalom

Dox

What a powerful dream! Will be interesting to see this interpreted.
Meir Kahane

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
Hi Dawn, my opinion is the dream may have represented the rebuilding of the Temple in Israel.

The tiny people represent Muslims and the Giant represented Israel.
The muslims are trying to prevent it's growth and existence and Israel
does not want to give up.

The dream my daughter had seems contradictory to the current events.
The people who were entrusted to Govern Israel are now pro Muslim.

What horrible times we are living in now Dawn.

Shalom - Dox

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
Hi Dawn, my opinion is the dream may have represented the rebuilding of the Temple in Israel.

The tiny people represent Muslims and the Giant represented Israel.
The muslims are trying to prevent it's growth and existence and Israel
does not want to give up.

The dream my daughter had seems contradictory to the current events.
The people who were entrusted to Govern Israel are now pro Muslim.

What horrible times we are living in now Dawn.

Shalom - Dox

Your interpretation is exactly my own! Israel IS the giant and will stand tall and proud in the end! I agree, we really ARE living in horrible times, scariest I can remember since the riots!
Take care and hope you have a great day!
Meir Kahane

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
To all friends of Israel in this thread:

Thank you very much for your support of Israel and warm comments!
G-d bless you!
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
G-d bless you too Spectator!

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
This is typical of how the evil Jew-hating news media completely twists every story.

The 50 homes are being built for the Jewish families on the hilltop outpost of Migron, whose current homes are facing destruction from the traitorous Netanyoyo regime. In other words, Pipi intends to expel hundreds of Jews from Migron and destroy their homes, G-d forbid, and then he plans to move the expelled Jews into a community close to Jerusalem.

Notice how even when Pipi is expelling Jewish families from their G-d-given homes, the Jew-hating media is complaining and attacking Israel.

The Jew-haters always attack Israel no matter what she does, and they always lie about Israel.

At least if we are in power, we will finally give the Jew-haters something real to complain about. They always say Israel is expelling Arabs, expanding settlements, taking new land - at least if we are in power, all of these claims will finally be true.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer

Why are the Israeli Jews commiting suicide by tolerating the leftist Government in Israel?

Why does the Israeli Government have a ( thing ) for Arab Muslims who are their enemy?

This is evil beyond words.

Shalom - Dox

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
Seriously I am really happy for the Jews building on their G_D given land. Wouldn't it be great if all the Jews who love Israel march on the streets and get out the scum who is ruining their lives. If more Israelite's knew about this forum and actually listened to the truth there wouldn't be so much self hating propaganda that's being displayed. That day will come soon. Mark my words people can only take so much.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
To all friends of Israel in this thread:

Thank you very much for your support of Israel and warm comments!
G-d bless you!

God bless you Spectator!
Meir Kahane