Author Topic: Biden: U.S. won't stop Israeli strike on Iran  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Mehmetce

• Junior JTFer
Biden: U.S. won't stop Israeli strike on Iran
« on: July 05, 2009, 11:07:14 AM »
By Haaretz Service 

Tags: Barack Obama, Iran   

U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said on Sunday that the Obama administration would not stand in Israel's way should the latter chooses to take military action to eliminate Iran's nuclear threat.

Israel has the right to determine its own course of action with regard to the Iranian nuclear threat regardless of what the Obama administration chooses to do, Biden told ABC reporter George Stephanopoulos.

When asked whether the Obama administration would restrain Israeli military action against Iran, Biden responded:
 Advertisement

"Israel can determine for itself - it's a sovereign nation - what's in their interest and what they decide to do relative to Iran and anyone else."

Stephanaopoulos posed the question three times, and each time Biden repeated that Israel was free to choose its actions.

"If the Netanyahu government decides to take a course of action different than the one being pursued now, that is their sovereign right to do that. That is not our choice."

During the interview, Biden hinted that President Barack Obama was looking to take a harder line toward Iran over the latter's contentious nuclear program.

He said that Obama's offer for dialogue with Tehran remained on the table, but rejected the notion that the U.S. would make concessions for such negotiation to take place.

"The ball's in their court," Biden said. "If they choose to meet with the P-5 under the conditions the P-5 has laid out, it means they begin to change course. And it means that the protestors probably had some impact on the behavior of an administration that they don't like at all."

Adm. Mike Mullen, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said Sunday, when asked about Biden's comments, that the U.S. position on Iran and a military strike involves a political decision.

"I have been, for some time, concerned about any strike on Iran. I worry about it being very destabilizing, not just in and of itself but unintended consequences of a strike like that," Mullen said on CBS' Face the Nation.

"At the same time, I'm one that thinks Iran should not have nuclear weapons. I think that is very destabilizing," he said.

http://haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1097911.html
Maybe this bloody racism age would last a few more centuries,and then maybe our grand children will live a second spring.

Offline joshua

• Full JTFer
Re: Biden: U.S. won't stop Israeli strike on Iran
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 10:50:51 AM »
I can't remember the date when Israel took out their nuclear site the last time.  It will be a very difficult operation for the I.D.F.

I hope Israel succeeds.

Offline MrPatriot1776

• Full JTFer
    • YouTube Channel - MrPatriot1776
Re: Biden: U.S. won't stop Israeli strike on Iran
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 03:09:56 PM »
I am not sure, but I don't think Israel's current leaders want to do airstrikes. Instead, they'll wait until Iran is at their back yard to start fighting them. Cowards.
Patriots! Capitalists! Jews! Gentiles! Lovers of freedom! Subscribe to my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/MrPatriot1776