Author Topic: Biden: Israel has right to attack Iran  (Read 1103 times)

Moshe92

Biden: Israel has right to attack Iran
« on: July 05, 2009, 02:57:23 PM »
http://jta.org/news/article/2009/07/05/1006321/biden-israel-has-right-to-attack-iran

Biden: Israel has right to attack Iran
July 5, 2009

JERUSALEM (JTA) -- Israel has the right to attack Iran's nuclear program and the United States will not stand in her way, Joe Biden said.

"Israel can determine for itself -- it's a sovereign nation -- what's in their interest and what they decide to do relative to Iran and anyone else," the U.S. vice president told reporter George Stephanopoulos Sunday morning on ABC's "This Week."

Biden said Israel could decide to attack Iran whether the United States agrees or not.

"They're entitled to do that. Any sovereign nation is entitled to do that. But there is no pressure from any nation that's going to alter our behavior as to how to proceed," Biden said, adding: What we believe is in the national interest of the United States, which we, coincidentally, believe is also in the interest of Israel and the whole world."

Biden said he was "not going to speculate" on whether or not the United States would grant Israel over flight rights in Iraq to get to Iran, when pressed by Stephanopoulos.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Biden: Israel has right to attack Iran
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 03:37:17 PM »
That sounds like the only lucid thing he has said.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 08:07:40 PM »
Does that shvartza president KNOW he said THIS??!!! This could be another comment from his heart without thinking first, and if so, I say GOOD!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 09:17:46 PM »
Hi Dawn, if Biden really said that then my predictions are not so far off . I pray my predictions come true.

Shalom - Dox    :  )

Offline Yonah

• Full JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 10:05:16 PM »
I think the most likely explanation is that Obama's initial strategy of rapprochement with Iran failed and he's now trying to run a "good cop, bad cop" routine and scare them into talks with the threat of an Israeli attack.
Obama must use a magic 8-ball, because if he were flipping a coin he'd be right about half of the time.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 10:22:00 PM »
Hi Dawn, if Biden really said that then my predictions are not so far off . I pray my predictions come true.

Shalom - Dox    :  )

Oh Elizabeth, how I hope and pray your predictions come true, as well! ^-^
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 10:33:15 PM »
Thanks Dawn     :  )

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 12:34:49 PM »
Joe Biden the filthy goblin is known for his self-expressions, it doesn't mean that it really is Obama's policy/opinion.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 12:36:06 PM »
Also, it's pathetic that we care about if the Americans "give us the green light" to protect our own f**king people.

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 12:41:03 PM »
Quote from: Ron Ben Michael link=topic=35960.msg361317#msg 361317 date=1246898089
Joe Biden the filthy goblin is known for his self-expressions, it doesn't mean that it really is Obama's policy/opinion.

RobB,

You are spot on....
I agree with you 110%...

Biden's comments are just that Biden's comments.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 01:32:58 PM »
Quote from: Ron Ben Michael link=topic=35960.msg361317#msg 361317 date=1246898089

RobB,

You are spot on....
I agree with you 110%...

Biden's comments are just that Biden's comments.

I also feel like it.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 01:48:55 PM »
Also, it's pathetic that we care about if the Americans "give us the green light" to protect our own f**king people.
100% agree! Who cares what antisemites are saying?
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Obama sets record straight, Israel DOESNT have right to attack Iran
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 07:18:32 PM »
This counters what Biden said.   (Just as we thought)

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.b1bda39889783bf24189b0a92f01fc43.821&show_article=1

US not giving Israel 'green light' to attack Iran    
Jul 6 05:57 PM US/Eastern

Share on Facebook                   Bookmark and Share

US Vice President Joe Biden, pictured in May 2009. The Obama administration...

The Obama administration poured cold water Monday on any notion it is giving Israel the green light to attack Iran or that it is reconsidering plans to engage diplomatically with the Islamic republic.

Vice President Joe Biden said in an interview broadcast Sunday that the United States would not stand in the way of Israel in its dealings with Iran's nuclear ambitions.

But State Department spokesman Ian Kelly rebuffed suggestions from reporters that Biden could be seen as giving the Jewish state a green light to attack Iran, which it views as an existential threat.

"I certainly would not want to give a green light to any kind of military action," Kelly said, repeating Biden's point that Washington considered Israel a "sovereign country" with a right to make its own military decisions.

"We're not going to dictate its actions," Kelly added.

"We're also committed to Israel's security. And we share Israel's deep concerns about Iran's nuclear program," the spokesman said.

He also refuted any idea that President Barack Obama's administration would drop its policy to engage diplomatically with Iran.

"I wouldn't read into it any more than what you see, then, as I said, that we respect Israel's sovereignty," Kelly said when asked if Biden's comments indicated the administration is reconsidering its policy toward Iran.

Analysts say Iran's crackdown on demonstrators disputing the June 12 presidential election has made it harder for the Obama administration to pursue diplomatic engagement with Iran.

In his interview with ABC television, Biden said: "Israel can determine for itself -- it's a sovereign nation -- what's in their interest and what they decide to do relative to Iran and anyone else."

"We cannot dictate to another sovereign nation what they can and cannot do when they make a determination, if they make a determination, that they're existentially threatened," he said.

But Admiral Mike Mullen, the chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, speaking on "Fox News Sunday," warned of the dangers posed by any military strike against Iran, even if military options should be left on the table.

Obama has said he wants to see progress on his diplomatic outreach to Iran by year's end, while not excluding a "range of steps," including tougher sanctions, if Tehran continued its controversial nuclear drive.

Hawkish Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has not ruled out a possible military strike against Iran.

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 07:28:00 PM »
I appeal the Israeli government stop listening to this Muslim and his whores and defend your people, because if you don't you WILL be punished when you are before G_D for not defending his people. Attacking Iran should have started as soon as you found out about those Nuclear Plants. Attack now or wait to perish. People in Israel really need to protest on a massive scale, just like the one you seen in Iran. If only Chaim was in charge, he wouldn't tolerate any Nuclear Muslim state. But please this is serious attack Iran or face destruction.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane