Author Topic: Palin To Stump For Conservative Democrats  (Read 1744 times)

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
Palin To Stump For Conservative Democrats
« on: July 12, 2009, 07:45:06 PM »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jul/12/palin-stump-conservative-democrats/

Can the words conservative and Democrat even be used together nowadays?

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
Re: Palin To Stump For Conservative Democrats
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 07:52:19 PM »
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 07:54:27 PM »
Day by day I am starting to distrust her.  She is beginning to strike me as a Rush Limbaugh/Michael Savage type who is only interested in making money and headlines. 

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 08:09:11 PM »
The following is from the above article :

"The former Republican vice-presidential nominee and heroine to much of the GOP's base said in an interview she views the electorate as embattled and fatigued by nonstop partisanship, and she is eager to campaign for Republicans, independents and even Democrats who share her values on limited government, strong defense and "energy independence."

If there are Democrats who want limited government,   strong defense,   energy independence,   and are strong on other important Conservative positions,     I want Sarah Palin to campaign for them.      I'll support them over the so called Republicans who support Barack Hussein Obama's agenda and /  or other liberal positions.     

In general,   my support for Sarah Palin is as strong as ever.    I think she's a terrific leader,   who is vastly more intelligent than the media makes her out to be   ( while portraying BHO as brilliant,  which is the FURTHEST thing from the truth.   ),   and who has excellent values.       
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 08:17:05 PM »
I think she is being pragmatic.  Political analysts always look to Reagan Democrats (who were mostly women) as the key to Reagan gaining so much popularity.  I know a lot of democrats out there who are grinding their teeth with Obama, but they refuse to acknowledge that there is a better alternative, partly because they hated Bush so much.  I would say that some of these disenfranchised democrats (Mostly women) are more conservative than Mccain.  Some are pro-choice, anti-gay marriage, and anti-illegal-pro-border... .but they just lost confidence in the GOP altogether because of Iraq and Bush's spending... and Obama was able to easily woo them by pretending to be a moderate. This is a shame... especially with all the recent polls showing people are more and more considering themselves pro-choice and conservative.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 08:27:47 PM »
In politics today there is no such thing as non partisan.  This especially true of the far left.  If any Democrat doesn't tow the line he or she is shunned.  Palin needs to focus on the GOP.  There is no Zell Miller around to stump or admire on the Democratic side.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 08:33:30 PM »

"The former Republican vice-presidential nominee and heroine to much of the GOP's base said in an interview she views the electorate as embattled and fatigued by nonstop partisanship, and she is eager to campaign for Republicans, independents and even Democrats who share her values on limited government, strong defense and "energy independence."

If there are Democrats who want limited government,   strong defense,   energy independence,   and are strong on other important Conservative positions,     I want Sarah Palin to campaign for them.      I'll support them over the so called Republicans who support Barack Hussein Obama's agenda and /  or other liberal positions.     

In general,   my support for Sarah Palin is as strong as ever.    I think she's a terrific leader,   who is vastly more intelligent than the media makes her out to be   ( while portraying BHO as brilliant,  which is the FURTHEST thing from the truth.   ),   and who has excellent values.       

I could not agree more with eb! If given the choice, I would much rather vote for a Democrat with morals and values than a Democrat obamalover. Sarah Palin is one smart cookie and she NEEDS those in the middle to come to her side AND aide if need be. After all, obamanation got the middle over to his side, and now she needs to take them away and turn on him. I will always support her!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 08:36:06 PM »

eb22,

I agree with you about Palin.
It is much too soon to pass judgement on her.
Personally, I am willing to wait and see what actions she partakes in; then I will better understand what her agenda will be.

I think that Palin is capable of more than most of us give her credit for.

She is still a young woman and she still has ample time to form her own substantial platform and agenda.

We still have a lot to see coming from Palin.
Don't count her out yet.
JMHO

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 09:59:13 PM »
This is a smart move and I hope it pans out well for her. God willing she will be president one day.

Offline Gentile

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 12:43:43 AM »
I am hoping and praying she will help spearhead a third party movement that is truly conservative and pro Israel.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 01:00:37 AM »
I still do not know what to think of her. I have a hard time taking her seriously or putting much faith in her. My family suspects that she is hiding something major--perhaps not her own doing, but something within her family. Who knows. Either way, it is difficult for me not to see her as a flake these days.

Offline Sentinel For Truth

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 01:25:24 AM »
Sarah Palin is a self-serving joke of a candidate that drops out from her elected position at a moments notice to stump for the opposition.  What a typical run of the mill politician.  Does everyone here still want to pound the table in support of her now?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 01:48:08 AM »
Sarah Palin is a self-serving joke of a candidate that drops out from her elected position at a moments notice to stump for the opposition.  What a typical run of the mill politician.  Does everyone here still want to pound the table in support of her now?
I am very cynical about her now but come on dude, you were against her all along. Your views on her have nothing to do with her resignation.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 02:02:43 AM »

I could not agree more with eb! If given the choice, I would much rather vote for a Democrat with morals and values than a Democrat obamalover. Sarah Palin is one smart cookie and she NEEDS those in the middle to come to her side AND aide if need be. After all, obamanation got the middle over to his side, and now she needs to take them away and turn on him. I will always support her!

arksis,   related to what you mentioned,     one of the keys for Sarah Palin to get votes from people who are undecided late in the process is to remain firm with her principles.     One substantial reason why I'm a strong supporter of Sarah Palin is she has put principles over party.      Many establishment Republicans,   who don't have Sarah Palin's integrity,    are going to continue to attempt to undermine her.     Ultimately though,   if enough American people who believe the principles that are part of Sarah Palin's foundation rally behind her despite the efforts of the media,   liberal politicians and bloggers,    the elitists,   and Republicans in name only,     Sarah Palin has a realistic chance to become President of the United States.  

The good news is Sarah Palin has a large number of core supporters like us.     It's a foundation that must be built on to help prevent the Republican Party from ending up with yet another highly flawed Presidential nominee.      I realize that there are mixed opinions in JTF about Ronald Reagan.    Yet,  the vast majority of us agree that since Reagan every Republican Nominee has been at best the lesser of the evils,   compared to the terrible candidates the " Democrat "  Party  nominate.      It's way past the time for the Republican Party to raise their standards.     Sarah Palin would certainly be a far better choice than Bush 41,   Bob Dole,   Bush 43,   and John McCain were.    
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 02:13:36 AM »

eb22,

I agree with you about Palin.
It is much too soon to pass judgement on her.
Personally, I am willing to wait and see what actions she partakes in; then I will better understand what her agenda will be.

I think that Palin is capable of more than most of us give her credit for.

She is still a young woman and she still has ample time to form her own substantial platform and agenda.

We still have a lot to see coming from Palin.
Don't count her out yet.
JMHO

ag337,     I understand and respect the position of those using a wait and see approach with Sarah Palin.     The 2012 Presidential Election is a long way off.     

I'm very confident in Sarah Palin's political instincts.      Like I expressed in the long thread about Sarah Palin last week,   she overcame heavy odds in some previous elections.     Unlike in the 2008 Presidential Election when she was handicuffed to a great extent by the ultra politically correct John McCain and his horrific campaign staff,    in future elections,    Sarah Palin will be calling the shots.       People will see why Sarah Palin's nickname is "  Sarah Barracuda".    While I'm not expecting Sarah Palin to go to the poliitically incorrect levels that JTF is willing to go,     the campaign she would run compared to the 2008 McCain campaign would be VASTLY different and better!

Offline Sentinel For Truth

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2009, 02:18:03 AM »
I am very cynical about her now but come on dude, you were against her all along. Your views on her have nothing to do with her resignation.

Gee, and why do you think that is?

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 02:19:37 AM »

Sarah Palin hasn't compromised her principles     If the so called opposition (  Democrat )   is clearly more Conservative than the Republican who's that person's opponent and the Democrat believes in the core positions that Sarah Palin has been a consistent supporter of,     I certainly hope that she would support the Conservative Democrat.       I'm not sure if there are any " Conservative"  Democrats who would meet Sarah Palin's standards.     If there are one or more of them though,    why not support them!

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2009, 02:54:17 AM »
We'll know that she's serious about conservatism over Republicanism when she campaigns for anybody against illegal immigration.  She can start with the Minutemen founder opposing McCain in the Republican primary in Arizona.