Author Topic: The Magpul Masada (Masada, Israel) now called Bushmaster ACR  (Read 8015 times)

Offline MountainMan

• Full JTFer
This is a real nice weapon and one I am going to save up for and purchase when it comes out.  It was originally developed and licensed by Magpul Industries in USA and was named after the glorious, but sad fight of the Jews against the Roman empire in Masada, Israel.  They named the gun after Masada incident, because of the bravery and heroism of the Jewish people, who rather fight to the death and die rather than become enslaved by Romans dictators.  I thought reference to Masada is nice.. The large Ar manufacturer named Bushmaster bought the rights of the Masada and essentially has repackaged it with a different name.  It will be released in 2010 to the civilan market (already in use by military), and will be named Bushmaster ACR.  It is a gas piston rifle with a very affluent modular design and a monolithic rail system attach to the upper receiver that runs the whole length of the gun.  It will allow for quick replacement of various calibers , such as 5.56, 7.62 x 39 (AK round), 6.8 spc, 7.62 x 51 (.308).  The fact it is piston operated means, in theory, it is much cleaner and requires less lubrication to operate in a variety of climates than the traditional Direct Impingment style AR rifles.  The gun is built to very tight tolerances and it should be highly reliable and very accurate.  I am so excited to get one.

The only thing that sucks is that it will be named Bushmaster Acr and not Magpul Masada   :'(..  It will always be considered the Masada in my eyes..   Get on whatever waiting list you can.. This one is a real winner.. THe retail price should be around $1500, not bad for what this gun is.