Author Topic: Is Lubavitch extending the Golus & delaying the Geulah?  (Read 1986 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Is Lubavitch extending the Golus & delaying the Geulah?
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2010, 02:32:53 PM »
I like Chabad.  I attended my first service at Chabad just yesterday.  I had a great time.  I don't know if Orthodox Judiasm is "for me*", but I will go back a few times and see how it feels.  I liked not being one of the youngest people in the Shul, at 31 years of age.  The Oneg food was...  beyond all expectations.  It's a 90 minute walk to, and a 90 minute walk from...  which is about perfect for the 15 pounds I could stand to lose.  The Chabad Shul is 5 minutes away from where I take Krav Maga lessons, so I might stop in during the week and see more about Chabad on a one on one basis with the Rabbi in charge, who like everyone I met there, was very welcoming.

*I saw a bit about the "Nachman" sect of Chaddism and it slowly has creeped into my head as something I want to learn more about... they love to dance and sing and clap their hands to DJ music, but are opposed to drug taking.  Sounds like me!  I love to DJ and scratch, but I never cared for drugs, and I don't like drinking very much either, at least not regularly [I did have a cup of wine at Chabad though].  I love to rev up a crowd to a dancing frenzy though.

The service was all in Hebrew, but they have English translations so I know what is being said.  I'm in the process of teaching myself the "Pimsluer Method" of Hebrew so I progress a little each day... just done over half the lessons 100% accurate!  I think my Mom might let me borrow her "Rosetta Stone" Hebrew lessons when I am finished with what I have.

It's great that you're finding out about your Jewish heritage and that there are opportunities like Chabad for you to get involved.  Kol Hakavod.