Poll

Should this law banning the burka be passed?

Yes, it's a sign of female opression.
4 (40%)
No, we won't be able to identify the muslims.
1 (10%)
No, but I think they should ban it in certain places.
1 (10%)
We should just ban muslims altogether and end the madness.
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Ban the burka?  (Read 695 times)

Offline Axel

• Full JTFer
Ban the burka?
« on: July 16, 2009, 03:46:11 PM »
So what do you think about this law in question?

I think it's got pros and cons. For one, women will finally stop wearing the ugly cloths that make them look like pidgeons and hide their identities.

But at the same time I think it's a little extreme. I can't justify freedom for all and banning some idiots right to wear a curtain to stop her brother from raping her.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 03:56:19 PM by Axel »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Ban the burka?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 03:50:13 PM »
I think that modesty in women is important. It is a sign of a good woman and a trait Jewish men should seek. But I don't think that a womans face should be covered. In Jewish belief the face is the essence of the person and expresses a lot more than speech. When the face is hidden under a bag such as a burka or a scarf, the essence of the woman is restricted and held back. I believe in Jewish Orthodox practice women cover their hair because hair is an attractive feature.

I think the burka should be banned in public, but it should be allowed in certain instances. Or the muslim women should be able to cover their hair but have their face shown.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 08:31:49 PM »
women will finally stop wearing the ugly cloths that make them look like pidgeons and hide their identities.

You'll have to be forced to look at their ugly faces though.  :yuck: :beast: :disease:

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 08:34:30 PM »
President Wolf says throw the Muzzes with their burqas out, this way none of us have to look at them
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 09:47:31 PM »
I say ban muzzies altogether and end the madness!  ;D
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane