Author Topic: Brad Pitt comes out as an atheist  (Read 3450 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Brad Pitt comes out as an atheist
« on: July 23, 2009, 07:55:52 PM »
I used to think Pit was a good actor... But now I think different of him because he has come out and said that G-d doesn't exist. I cannot justify spending my time watching someone who is in a position of celebrity who denies the existence of the Creator of the universe. It is a shame that Hollywood produces monsters who believe that their fortune was produced by their own handiwork.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Brad Pitt comes out as an atheist
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 08:20:01 PM »
if someone came with a pile of $50 bills and a picture book of modern day actors and offered to give me a 50 for each correct name I came up with they would be leaving with most of the most of the money they came with. I watch an occasional movie from time to time but the people playing the parts are just actors nothing more. I can never understand why people become so  invested with the lives of Hollywood personalities.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Minuteman

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 09:11:28 PM »
It's sad when anyone comes out and says they don't believe God exists.  I think it is a terrible thing to go through life and believe something like that.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 09:16:00 PM »
I used to think Pit was a good actor... But now I think different of him because he has come out and said that G-d doesn't exist. I cannot justify spending my time watching someone who is in a position of celebrity who denies the existence of the Creator of the universe. It is a shame that Hollywood produces monsters who believe that their fortune was produced by their own handiwork.
This pig and his bisexual whore "wife", yimach schmam vezichram, are proud supporters of the PLO who have toured Hamas "refugee" camps, even proudly posing for pics therein.

Offline CorrieDeservedIt

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 10:34:16 PM »
He's from hollywood what do you expect?

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 11:28:18 PM »
I used to think Pit was a good actor... But now I think different of him because he has come out and said that G-d doesn't exist.

The fact that he's an atheist shouldn't change your opinion of whether he's a good actor or not.

If you found out Babe Ruth was an atheist, would you suddenly think he wasn't a good baseball player ?

But I know what you mean. It's gotten to the point where based on the politics and beliefs of the actors involved in a movie, I find it difficult to want to watch the vast majority of them.

I know Pitt's wife is a raving leftist lunatic, and find it difficult to watch any movie starring her and enjoy the film because my negative opinion of her taints the experience. I'm not as religious as most of the people on this forum, so I'm not all that disturbed finding out that Pitt is an atheist. However, I wasn't aware of his being a supporter of the Paleostinkians and posing for pictures with them. So now there's another actor whose name I can add to the list of people whose films I will not pay to watch and have little desire to see.

Already, I can't watch a movie with the likes of George Clooney, Alan Rickman, Jane Fonda, Vanessa Redgrave, Michael Moore, just to name a few, in it. Now I can add Pitt's films to the list.

Sadly, this also applies to sporting events and music.

About all that's left is Jon Voight movies.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 11:52:33 PM »
I used to think Pit was a good actor... But now I think different of him because he has come out and said that G-d doesn't exist.

The fact that he's an atheist shouldn't change your opinion of whether he's a good actor or not.

If you found out Babe Ruth was an atheist, would you suddenly think he wasn't a good baseball player ?

But I know what you mean. It's gotten to the point where based on the politics and beliefs of the actors involved in a movie, I find it difficult to want to watch the vast majority of them.

I know Pitt's wife is a raving leftist lunatic, and find it difficult to watch any movie starring her and enjoy the film because my negative opinion of her taints the experience. I'm not as religious as most of the people on this forum, so I'm not all that disturbed finding out that Pitt is an atheist. However, I wasn't aware of his being a supporter of the Paleostinkians and posing for pictures with them. So now there's another actor whose name I can add to the list of people whose films I will not pay to watch and have little desire to see.

Already, I can't watch a movie with the likes of George Clooney, Alan Rickman, Jane Fonda, Vanessa Redgrave, Michael Moore, just to name a few, in it. Now I can add Pitt's films to the list.

Sadly, this also applies to sporting events and music.

About all that's left is Jon Voight movies.

Actually I didn't mean that it would change my feelings about his ability to act.

Sometimes the non-believer is given exceptional abilities just to test him, to see if he will use his abilities to try to establish a good relationship with Hashem and thus increase his relationship with mankind. Although I doubt Pitt is Jewish and he doesn't have the responsibility of mitzvot, but even according to the seven noachide laws one must believe in G-d. Also Judaism allows a Jew to question and deny Hashem to a point, he will wait for him or her to return through the process of Teshuva. I believe that your religion also has the concept of repentence {but teshuva means more than just repentence}.

One of my favorite old movies is 12 Monkeys with Bruce Willis and Brad Pitt. Pitt played a wonderful lunatic. It is hard to watch movies with actors whom I know have made statements or represent things which I cannot stand.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 11:57:44 PM »
While I dont agree with atheism, there are plenty of atheists that are not evil people.  (I cant say Pitt is or is not)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 11:59:57 PM »
While I dont agree with atheism, there are plenty of atheists that are not evil people.  (I cant say Pitt is or is not)

And there are plenty of gay people who are 'nice people' too... That doesn't mean they are not evil. According to Judaism if a Jew doesn't believe in Hashem he is a heretic, and he loses his place in the world to come. Of course one can always repent the day of death, or the day before... But who knows the day they will die? Judaism doesn't paint a good picture of one who denies Hashem... Let us just leave it at that...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 12:02:16 AM »
APIKORIS:

The Greek term άίρεσις originally denoted "division," "sect," "religious" or "philosophical party," and is applied by Josephus to the three Jewish sects: Sadducees, Pharisees, and Essenes. The specific rabbinical term for heresies, or religious divisions due to an unlawful spirit, is "מינים/minim" (lit. "kinds {of belief}"; the singular "מין/min," (literally, "a kind") for "heretic" or "Gnostic," is coined idiomatically, like "goy" and "'am ha-aretz";). An alternative term, אפיקורוס (Apiqoros/Apikoros), which may have a different status[2], and is often used for apostates who turned towards agnosticism or atheism, is derived from Epicurus and the philosophy of Epicureanism.

The law "You shall not cut yourselves" (Deuteronomy 14:1) is interpreted by the Rabbis: "You shall not form divisions, but shall form one bond." (Source: Talmud Yevamot 13a, Midrash Sifre on Deuteronomy 96)

Besides the term "min" for "heretic," the Talmud uses the words "Hitsonim" (outsiders), "apikoros," and "kofer ba-Torah" (R. H. 17a), or "kofeir ba-'ikar[3]" (he who denies the fundamentals of faith; Pes. xxiv. 168b). Similar statuses may apply to some of those those branded "poresh mi-darke tsibbur" (he who deviates from the customs of the community; Tosef., Sanh. xiii. 5; R. H. 17a). Some authorities opine that all of these are consigned to Gehinnom for all eternity (Tosef., Sanh. l.c.; comp. ib. xii. 9, apparently belonging to xiii. 5: "He who casts off the yoke [of the Law], and he who severs the Abrahamic covenant; he who interprets the Torah against the halakic tradition, and he who pronounces in full the Ineffable Name—all these have no share in the world to come,") or possibly have no afterlife at all[4].

The Mishnah says the following have no share in the world to come: "He who denies that the Torah is divinely revealed, and the apiḳoros." R. Akiba says, "also he who reads heretical books". This is explained in the Talmud (Sanh. 100b) to mean "sifre Ẓeduḳim" (Sadducean writings); but this is an alteration by the censor of "sifre ha-Minim" (books of the Gnostics or Heretics). The Biblical version, "That ye seek not after your own heart" (Num. xv. 39), is explained (Sifre, Num. 115; Ber. 12b) as "Ye shall not turn to heretic views ["minut"] which lead your heart away from G-d" (see Maimonides, "Yad," 'Akkum, ii. 3).

In summarizing the Talmudic statements concerning heretics in Sanh. 90-103, Maimonides ("Yad," Teshubah, iii. 6-8) says:

"The following have no share in the world to come, but are cut off, and perish, and receive their punishment for all time for their great sin: the minim, the apiḳoresim, they that deny the belief in the Torah, they that deny the belief in resurrection of the dead and in the coming of the Redeemer, the apostates, they that lead many to sin, they that turn away from the ways of the [Jewish] community... Five are called 'minim': (1) he who says there is no G-d and the world has no guide; (2) he who says the world has more than one guide; (3) he who ascribes to the Lord of the Universe a body and a figure; (4) he who says that G-d was not alone and Creator of all things at the world's beginning; (5) he who worships some star or constellation as an intermediating power between himself and the Lord of the World.

"The following three classes are called 'apiḳoresim': (1) he who says there was no prophecy nor was there any wisdom that came from G-d and which was attained by the heart of man; (2) he who denies the prophetic power of Moses our master; (3) he who says that G-d has no knowledge concerning the doings of men.

"The following three are called 'koferim ba-Torah': (1) he who says the Torah is not from God: he is a kofer even if he says a single verse or letter thereof was said by Moses of his own accord; (2) he who denies the traditional interpretation of the Torah and opposes those authorities who declare it to be tradition, as did Zadok and Boethus; and (3) he who says, as do the Nazarenes and the Mohammedans, that the Lord has given a new dispensation instead of the old, and that he has abolished the Law, though it was originally divine."

Offline Serbian Canadian

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 12:43:39 AM »

Did you think he was a devout Christian?  :)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 12:46:37 AM »

Did you think he was a devout Christian?  :)

Seriously? I doubt it.... I don't know and I am not even going to find out...

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 02:53:07 PM »
It's terrible but I think it's better to be an atheist than a Muslim.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2009, 05:56:40 PM »

And there are plenty of gay people who are 'nice people' too... That doesn't mean they are not evil. According to Judaism if a Jew doesn't believe in Hashem he is a heretic, and he loses his place in the world to come. Of course one can always repent the day of death, or the day before... But who knows the day they will die? Judaism doesn't paint a good picture of one who denies Hashem... Let us just leave it at that...

I dont think that people who are wrong are evil.  I dont think that Animists or Hindus or others that follow a peacefull ideology are evil.  The same could be said about athiests... assuming they are not violent and intolerant, they are NOT evil.  I dont beleive that Geert WIlders is evil either.... and there have been athiests in this forum, and they werent 'evil' either.

COntrast this, with Nazis and Muslims who DO follow an evil ideology.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2009, 06:03:59 PM »

I dont think that people who are wrong are evil.  I dont think that Animists or Hindus or others that follow a peacefull ideology are evil.  The same could be said about athiests... assuming they are not violent and intolerant, they are NOT evil.  I dont beleive that Geert WIlders is evil either.... and there have been athiests in this forum, and they werent 'evil' either.

COntrast this, with Nazis and Muslims who DO follow an evil ideology.

Nazis and Muslims are the same, they are from Amalek... But so are those who deny G-ds existance... They are considered equal to Amalek {see what I posted previously about Amaleks belief that there is no G-d but Nature}. It is evil to deny Hashem no matter what, from a Jewish standpoint.. Other philosophies may not consider this the case but as I quoted above, our Talmud and Sages have consistently held that openly denying Hashem is heresy, and the one who does it is removed from the afterlife and the grace of G-d.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 06:09:43 PM »
Why does it matter?
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 06:32:28 PM »
Why does it matter?

It doesn't really matter too much... But the issue to me is that celebrities are especially guilty of leading the young astray. In Jewish law we call it 'Putting the stumbling block before the blind'. It would not matter so much if Joe Schmoe was an atheist because most people don't give a rats rear what Joe Schmoe thinks... But Brad Pitt, whom everyone adores in his movies, causes others who contemplate atheism to abandon their faith... Other than this I can care less what Pitt believes...

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 09:26:04 PM »
Why does it matter?

It doesn't really matter too much... But the issue to me is that celebrities are especially guilty of leading the young astray. In Jewish law we call it 'Putting the stumbling block before the blind'. It would not matter so much if Joe Schmoe was an atheist because most people don't give a rats rear what Joe Schmoe thinks... But Brad Pitt, whom everyone adores in his movies, causes others who contemplate atheism to abandon their faith... Other than this I can care less what Pitt believes...

Brad Pitt worships at the altar of BRAD PITT.  How can there be any room, in his heart and mind, left for God.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 10:55:22 PM »
I don't hate Pittbull because he's an atheist, but because he is an Islamophilic, Israel-hating Nazi like his slut shackjob.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2009, 01:14:07 AM »
I pretty much assume most Hollywood actors are atheists or agnostics.