Author Topic: What exactly is right and left?  (Read 1789 times)

Offline Madmarv

• Full JTFer
What exactly is right and left?
« on: August 04, 2009, 03:51:14 PM »
What are the exact ideologies of the right wing and left wing? I know little about this issue
UNITED WE STAND,

DIVIDED WE FALL.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: What exactly is right and left?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 03:53:04 PM »
What are the exact ideologies of the right wing and left wing? I know little about this issue

The definitions have been distorted by modern-day associations... So good luck figuring it out.... 

Offline Madmarv

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 04:06:37 PM »

The definitions have been distorted by modern-day associations... So good luck figuring it out.... 

Hah I agree... I couldn't find a specific good definition in google.

The best thing to do is, every individual say his own opinion about it. How does he understand the concept behind the right wing, and the left wing.

UNITED WE STAND,

DIVIDED WE FALL.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 04:41:58 PM »
I cant really tell anymore and it would probably take me forever to explain it to you.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 05:14:06 PM »
If u like JTF, it's fair to say you're a right-winger. Frankly the hockey metaphors are drivel in my opinion.

Offline Madmarv

• Full JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 05:27:26 PM »
I like JTF, I support most of chaim ideas as well, I think I am a rightist, but ... if being right here means also my evacuation from israel, then I'm against that. Since I'm an arab -- christian ... I believe rightists believe in the evacuation of every non jew from israel? correct me if I'm wrong.
Let me mention also that I want the best to our country and I want to progress it and respect it. That being said, I don't believe I should be kicked from my house and country because I'm just non jew.
UNITED WE STAND,

DIVIDED WE FALL.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 05:30:00 PM »
I'm not in any position to paskin anything.

Moshe92

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 05:32:14 PM »
I like JTF, I support most of chaim ideas as well, I think I am a rightist, but ... if being right here means also my evacuation from israel, then I'm against that. Since I'm an arab -- christian ... I believe rightists believe in the evacuation of every non jew from israel? correct me if I'm wrong.
Let me mention also that I want the best to our country and I want to progress it and respect it. That being said, I don't believe I should be kicked from my house and country because I'm just non jew.

We don't believe that all Arabs should be encouraged to leave Israel. Just the majority of them. Someone like you should be allowed to stay.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 05:41:22 PM »
Madmarv, in America, right wing people generally favor limited government, lower taxes and individual responsibility.  They're also referred to as conservatives.  They tend to feel very strongly about the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution, which is about the right of the people to bear arms.  Many of them are also pro-life.  They believe that life begins at conception. 

Now there are two kinds of conservatives in the U.S.  The so-called neo-conservatives, and paleoconservatives.  Anti-semites use the term neocon derogatively to refer to Jews.  Neocons are generally former liberals who favor a hawkish foreign policy.  They believe in using the American military to spread democracy in the Middle East.  Charles Krauthammer is a neo-conservative.

Paleoconservatives are also pro-life and pro Second Amendment.  But they are pro-Muslim, anti-Israel isolationists.  One prominent paleoconservative is Pat Buchanan. 

Hope that helps. 

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 05:46:04 PM »
In America, the Left favors bigger government, open borders and taxes on "evil rich people" to pay for welfare, which usually goes to minorities.  They're against capital punishment as they believe it's racist against minorities. Also, they oppose what they disengenously refer to as "racial profiling." They're very pro abortion.  They're also referred to liberals. 

These people are usually isolationists like the paleocons.  However their rationale is that the money spent on wars should go instead to the poor in the U.S.  The paleocons are isolationists because they say they're against foreign entanglements.  But they really believe that some of our recent wars really have been for the sake of Israel. 

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 05:46:24 PM »
I think in pure ideological sense the extreme far right would be Anarchists  no Govt, but real right would be Libertarian with the least needed Govt . On the left would be Fascism Nazism and Bolshevism with strongest Govt
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 05:48:30 PM »
I think we need police and a a higher authority.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 05:54:06 PM »
I think very few on the Left are actually isolationists. I think they want to meld all nations together into one huge mess.

Offline Madmarv

• Full JTFer
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2009, 05:57:14 PM »
According to Lisa, I think I'm 75% right, 25% left. Can I create the "Middle wing" movement !? ;D
UNITED WE STAND,

DIVIDED WE FALL.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2009, 06:07:12 PM »
In grade 12, in our world issues class, we discussed this stuff and the teacher even gave us a cool chart. I tossed it a few years ago, but it had like 6 possibilities.

Offline Geert Akbar

• Full JTFer
    • My JTF video zootube channel
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 06:22:32 PM »
According to Lisa, I think I'm 75% right, 25% left. Can I create the "Middle wing" movement !? ;D

That is known as a "moderate" by definition. Somewhere between the left and right.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
-Thomas Jefferson

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 07:12:09 PM »
I think we need police and a a higher authority.

Hell no, especially if the police will be affirmative action beasts.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 07:26:57 PM »
who would enforce the laws? We learn about "Shoftim v'shotrim" judges and officers. Makes sense to have law enforcement officers. If I need 911, Chas V'shalom, it's important I get it.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2009, 07:37:49 PM »
I dont think Anarchy is the way to run a country. We need basic services like police and hospitals. This, as Mo2388 states, is the Torah concept of appointing Guards and Judges at the gates. The other understanding is that our Eyes, Ears, Nose, and mouth are our personal gates and we must personally judge all material which we bring into and send out of our head.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 07:45:44 PM »

Paleoconservatives are also pro-life and pro Second Amendment.  But they are pro-Muslim, anti-Israel isolationists.  One prominent paleoconservative is Pat Buchanan. 

Hope that helps. 

I don't think Paleoconservatives are necessarily pro-muslim.  They don't want foreign entanglements of any kind whether it be pro Israel or pro Palestine.  though they do believe in what I think is to much isolationism i.e no trading with the outside world. 

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2009, 07:59:25 PM »
I disagree Chad.  Pat Buchanan is quite pro fakestinian.  During the most recent Lebanon war, he slammed Israel for the so-called "civilian damage" to Lebanon.  The editor of The American Conservative Magazine, Scott McConnell is very pro-fakestinian.  In one of Buchanan's columns on India, he wrote about that country's Muslims being able to have their "day in the sun."  When Israel was building that security fence, he wrote that it would cut through fakestinian olive groves.  The fakestinians always bring up their olive groves when the subject of Israel's security fence comes up. 

Offline Madmarv

• Full JTFer
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 08:29:19 PM »
"fakestinians"
Lol, I liked that
UNITED WE STAND,

DIVIDED WE FALL.