Author Topic: Russia Increasing American Surveillance  (Read 1301 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Russia Increasing American Surveillance
« on: August 04, 2009, 08:00:50 PM »
This is somewhat ominous news... Our intelligence indicates that two Russian nuclear powered submarines are patrolling off the eastern coast of North America. They have not done so since the fall of the USSR. It seems they are resuming the cold war ideologies of the Soviet Union. I never trusted the russians... I guess they can smell the weakness of Obumbler and, like North Korea, are pushing buttons to see how this inept president will react. As sure as anything Obumbler will do absolutely nothing about it... Like the limp-wristed no-backbone evil sinner he is...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/04/defense-officials-russian-subs-patrolling-east-coast-united-states/?test=latestnews
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline MrPatriot1776

• Full JTFer
    • YouTube Channel - MrPatriot1776
Re: Russia Increasing American Surveillance
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 08:48:37 PM »
This is the kind of news CNN or most of the media would not dare to report.

This act of Russia, even if it's not preparatory for a war, unnecessarily raises tensions between us. To a level I don't feel comfortable at.
Patriots! Capitalists! Jews! Gentiles! Lovers of freedom! Subscribe to my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/MrPatriot1776

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 10:36:58 PM »
This is somewhat ominous news... Our intelligence indicates that two Russian nuclear powered submarines are patrolling off the eastern coast of North America. They have not done so since the fall of the USSR. It seems they are resuming the cold war ideologies of the Soviet Union. I never trusted the russians... I guess they can smell the weakness of Obumbler and, like North Korea, are pushing buttons to see how this inept president will react. As sure as anything Obumbler will do absolutely nothing about it... Like the limp-wristed no-backbone evil sinner he is...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/04/defense-officials-russian-subs-patrolling-east-coast-united-states/?test=latestnews

you really think we ever stopped patrolling near their waters with our subs?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 10:45:11 PM »
Good grief. The only thing Obama is going to patrol is the coast of Israel.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 10:48:47 PM »

I don't think that we should fear our patrolling their waters. I do fear them patrolling ours. America should be the strongest and most feared nation in the world. Because of our strength we were able to assist the demise of the massively evil Soviet empire.

When the soviets set up missiles on Cuba even liberal democrat JF Kennedy stood up to the kremlin causing it to back down...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 11:25:20 PM »

I don't think that we should fear our patrolling their waters. I do fear them patrolling ours. America should be the strongest and most feared nation in the world. Because of our strength we were able to assist the demise of the massively evil Soviet empire.

When the soviets set up missiles on Cuba even liberal democrat JF Kennedy stood up to the kremlin causing it to back down...

they aren't in our waters.  They are in international waters.  Also, they didn't back down.  They removed their missiles in exchange for us removing ours from Turkey.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 12:01:42 AM »

they aren't in our waters.  They are in international waters.  Also, they didn't back down.  They removed their missiles in exchange for us removing ours from Turkey.

Ooooh...

t_h_j, I do get the feeling that you are communist sympathizer. I have tried to avoid listening to the Lashon Hara which has been wispered but I sincerely think that you are more anti-American than most JTF members.

Technically they are in international waters but we all know that that only means 200 miles off the coast. This no doubt is with range of ballistic missiles which can be launched from these nuclear submarines.

Why would you not be concerned if the evil empire of Russia were assembling 200 miles off the coast of America? This world has become less stable and the possibility of nuclear war has increased since the cold war ended. The fact that nuclear technology is falling into the hands of rouge governments is a terrifying thought. That they would readily sell them to our terroristic, suicidal enemies is absolutely paralyzing.

Yet you sit there and say, "But we have our subs in international waters, blah. blah. blah.."

Seriously you must be kidding!

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 12:06:42 AM »

Ooooh...

t_h_j, I do get the feeling that you are communist sympathizer. I have tried to avoid listening to the Lashon Hara which has been wispered but I sincerely think that you are more anti-American than most JTF members.

Technically they are in international waters but we all know that that only means 200 miles off the coast. This no doubt is with range of ballistic missiles which can be launched from these nuclear submarines.

Why would you not be concerned if the evil empire of Russia were assembling 200 miles off the coast of America? This world has become less stable and the possibility of nuclear war has increased since the cold war ended. The fact that nuclear technology is falling into the hands of rouge governments is a terrifying thought. That they would readily sell them to our terroristic, suicidal enemies is absolutely paralyzing.

Yet you sit there and say, "But we have our subs in international waters, blah. blah. blah.."

Seriously you must be kidding!

wow.  First of all, with what they have today, they can just launch ballistic missiles from their submarines in port and still hit us here.  Secondly, you realize that not only Russian submarines patrol outside our waters, right?  even friendly nations, like England do it.  And no, i'm not concerned about them being off our coast.  They are in international waters.  They have every right to be there along with everyone else.  is there any reason why I should be?  Do you really think they are going to launch an all out attack?  And lastly, attack submarines don't have ballistic missiles.  You really think the russians are "suicidal enemies"? 

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 12:20:01 AM »
I think that it is not a good sign that they resumed this activity during the Obama administration. This administration has bungled every international issue which it has come up against. Bowing to Saudi thugs is not going to make us any more respected in the world. Obama is going to make a blunder and Russia knows exactly how to push the buttons. I don't trust Obama... If this happened during the Reagan era there would be hell to pay as we send our subs into position.

My conclusion is that you are on a different level than I am. I do not see why you are so complacent with the way things are going. Korea launching long range missiles and Russia sending subs to patrol off the US coast is really testing this country. In my lifetime I have never seen America acting so weakly.

On another 'factual' note, although I don't know the specifications of the Russian submarines it is not unusual for Submarines to launch ballistic missiles.

From wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Submarine-launched_ballistic_missile

Ballistic missile submarines have been of great strategic importance for the USA and Russia and other nuclear powers since the start of the Cold War, as they can hide from reconnaissance satellites and fire their nuclear weapons with virtual impunity. This makes them immune to a First Strike directed against nuclear forces, allowing each side to maintain the capability to launch a devastating retaliatory strike, even if all land-based missiles have been destroyed. This relieves each side of the necessity to adopt a launch on warning posture, with its grave attendant risk of accidental nuclear war. Additionally, the deployment of highly accurate missiles on ultra-quiet submarines allows an attacker to sneak up close to the enemy coast and launch a missile on a depressed trajectory - a very close range attack which will hit its target in a matter of minutes, thus opening the possibility of a decapitation strike.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 12:56:11 AM »
http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE5740DV20090805

While the submarines had not taken any provocative action beyond their presence outside U.S. territorial waters, officials expressed wariness over Russia's motivation for ordering such an unusual mission, the newspaper said.

"Any time the Russian Navy does something so out of the ordinary it is cause for worry," a senior Defense Department official who has been monitoring reports on the submarines' activities told the newspaper.

The U.S. Navy was able to track the submarines as they made their way through international waters off the American coastline, the official told the newspaper.

"We've known where they were, and we're not concerned about our ability to track the subs," the official added. "We're concerned just because they are there."

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 01:20:02 AM »
I think that it is not a good sign that they resumed this activity during the Obama administration. This administration has bungled every international issue which it has come up against. Bowing to Saudi thugs is not going to make us any more respected in the world. Obama is going to make a blunder and Russia knows exactly how to push the buttons. I don't trust Obama... If this happened during the Reagan era there would be hell to pay as we send our subs into position.

My conclusion is that you are on a different level than I am. I do not see why you are so complacent with the way things are going. Korea launching long range missiles and Russia sending subs to patrol off the US coast is really testing this country. In my lifetime I have never seen America acting so weakly.

On another 'factual' note, although I don't know the specifications of the Russian submarines it is not unusual for Submarines to launch ballistic missiles.

From wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Submarine-launched_ballistic_missile

Ballistic missile submarines have been of great strategic importance for the USA and Russia and other nuclear powers since the start of the Cold War, as they can hide from reconnaissance satellites and fire their nuclear weapons with virtual impunity. This makes them immune to a First Strike directed against nuclear forces, allowing each side to maintain the capability to launch a devastating retaliatory strike, even if all land-based missiles have been destroyed. This relieves each side of the necessity to adopt a launch on warning posture, with its grave attendant risk of accidental nuclear war. Additionally, the deployment of highly accurate missiles on ultra-quiet submarines allows an attacker to sneak up close to the enemy coast and launch a missile on a depressed trajectory - a very close range attack which will hit its target in a matter of minutes, thus opening the possibility of a decapitation strike.

never?  did you not live during the cold war when they were off the coast at all times?  They did do it during the reagan administration.  Blunder into what? You think russia is going to cause obama to "blunder" into a war that would destroy them as well as ourselves?

And no, its not unusual for russian submarines to launch ballistic missiles, as long as they are ballistic missile submarines.  Attack submarines don't carry ballistic missiles.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 02:02:00 AM »
Stay away from bridges, Muman...

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 03:35:54 AM »
Russia and America should keep away from Venezuela and Poland. Such things create weird ideas mutually in the vitiated minds.

Obviously the Pro-Iranian lobby is creating the Russian fear complex to divert the attention from the real Iranian problem and to complicate its solution.

It is well known that at least America, Russia and china have the capability to hit any part of the world at any time and from any place.

There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 04:24:25 AM »

The R-29RMU Sineva, also designated RSM-54, is a Russian liquid-fuelled submarine-launched ballistic missile. It has the GRAU index 3M27, and is identified by NATO as the SS-N-23 Skiff.[1] It is designed to be launched from Delta IV class submarines, which will be armed with 16 missiles each.

It can carry ten 100kT warheads[1]. In a test launch on 11 October 2008, an R-29RMU travelled 11,547 kilometres downrange. This was reported to be the first full-range test of the missile. Russian President Dmitry Medvedev was on site to observe the test.[2][3] The R-29RMU entered service in 2007 and will have a service life of several decades.[1][4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R-29RMU_Sineva

Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 04:30:41 AM »
Russia and America should keep away from Venezuela and Poland. Such things create weird ideas mutually in the vitiated minds.

Obviously the Pro-Iranian lobby is creating the Russian fear complex to divert the attention from the real Iranian problem and to complicate its solution.

It is well known that at least America, Russia and china have the capability to hit any part of the world at any time and from any place.

What is Pro-Iranian lobby? Does it really exist? If it does, I don't think it would act against Russian interests. Russia and Iran are close allies.
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 05:21:43 AM »

What is Pro-Iranian lobby? Does it really exist? If it does, I don't think it would act against Russian interests. Russia and Iran are close allies.

The most sharpened and focal contradiction today is between the muslamics {Specially the Iranians} Vs the Rest of the World.

So anybody favoring Iran shall be inclined to politically divert it by creating the hoax of renovated global contradiction between the America and Russia. So simple.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 08:08:43 AM »
"When the soviets set up missiles on Cuba even liberal democrat JF Kennedy stood up to the kremlin causing it to back down..."
"They removed their missiles in exchange for us removing ours from Turkey."

I'm a student of history.  In fact, BOTH of the above sentences are true.  I will take exception about 'liberal JFK', at least in the modern context of liberal.  In terms of foreign policy, JFK was decidedly hard-right, especially on the Cuba question.  If you doubt me about that, read Bobby Kennedy's book about the Cuban Missile Crisis;  it reads like something written by General Curtis LeMay.

As for today's leadership in D.C, on both sides of the aisle, I can assure you that if the Soviets were to put missiles in Cuba today, there would be some mild protest from the braintrust in D.C, but the missiles would ultimately stay.  Who would you bet on in a match of wills, Obama or Putin?  Case closed.