Is Reform "Judaism" a cult of Judaism?

Yes
10 (58.8%)
No
4 (23.5%)
Not sure
3 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Is Deformed Judaism a cult of Judaism?  (Read 2522 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Is Deformed Judaism a cult of Judaism?
« on: August 06, 2009, 10:23:09 PM »
Sorry for such an extremely basic no-brainer question, but this is basically the result of a bet. A friend of mine who is rather more liberal than myself strongly suspects that religious Jews would object to me calling Deformed Judaism a "cult of Judaism". She doesn't know any Kahanists.

Bonesfan

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Is Deformed Judaism a cult of Judaism?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 10:37:28 PM »
Should we really be the ones to say what is authentic and what isn't for another religion? When I see lesbian so-called rabbis or crazy leftists following Reform Judaism though, I can make a pretty educated guess that they're not following what the Jewish Bible says though.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 10:57:53 PM »
Reformed Jews as a whole are on the wrong path... But they are Jews non-the-less, and unless they are assisting our enemies, we must wait for them to make teshuva. I feel very bad about this form of Judaism but if they were born Jewish, they are Jewish, regardless of their 'reform' state. They are just non-observant and often they violate many commandments... They will be judged for their lack of observance, but that is a quality which only Hashem knows.

I am lucky because when my parents {who were non-observant} wanted me and my brother to get Bar Mitzvahed we originally joined a Reform congregation. But even my parents were able to see that it was not even a basic jewish education... We ended up joining a conservative synagogue where both my brother and I were Bar Mitzvahed... Who knows what would have happened if I was Bar Mitzvahed in such a place?

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 12:44:12 AM »
They are a product of us orthodox Jews not doing anything about their misguidedness.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 11:44:09 AM »
It is almost a cult...

I say once they start accepting Jesus and Mohammed as prophets and worshipping them (no offense to Christians)..then they have entered into a realm of a different religion.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 12:30:07 PM »
No offense taken, I know what you mean. But what Deformed Judaism really worships is the almighty schvartze.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 10:09:32 PM »
I'd rather go into a church than into a reform temple.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 10:29:16 PM »
I'd rather go into a church than into a reform temple.
:::D :::D :::D

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 10:33:10 PM »
No offense taken, I know what you mean. But what Deformed Judaism really worships is the almighty schvartze.

Well, most Jews of all kinds worship money too...but technically they don't worship blacks.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 11:46:39 PM »
Well, most Jews of all kinds worship money too
Isn't this an anti-Semitic stereotype?

but technically they don't worship blacks.
A lot of self-hating Jews sure act like they do. Look at "Jews for Obama".

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 11:51:37 PM »
Reformed Jews as a whole are on the wrong path... But they are Jews non-the-less, and unless they are assisting our enemies, we must wait for them to make teshuva. I feel very bad about this form of Judaism but if they were born Jewish, they are Jewish, regardless of their 'reform' state. They are just non-observant and often they violate many commandments... They will be judged for their lack of observance, but that is a quality which only Hashem knows.

I am lucky because when my parents {who were non-observant} wanted me and my brother to get Bar Mitzvahed we originally joined a Reform congregation. But even my parents were able to see that it was not even a basic jewish education... We ended up joining a conservative synagogue where both my brother and I were Bar Mitzvahed... Who knows what would have happened if I was Bar Mitzvahed in such a place?

Excellent reply Muman. You explain things without insulting others. This is a good quality you have ( compassion/understanding ) and may G-d Bless you for that. I am not as tactful as you when I voice my opinion about things I disagree with. You are a good influence for our members and visitors.

Shalom - Dox

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2009, 11:55:13 PM »
Well, most Jews of all kinds worship money too
Isn't this an anti-Semitic stereotype?

but technically they don't worship blacks.
A lot of self-hating Jews sure act like they do. Look at "Jews for Obama".
Everybody wants money. I wouldn't say worshiped, just craves.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 12:13:43 AM »
Chaim has called Deformed Judaism,   ,   Reconstructive Judaism ,   and Conservative Judaism cults on multiple occasions.     He's certainly not the only knowledgeable religious Jewish person who has spoken out against these forms of Judaism.            

"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 12:50:04 AM »
It is almost a cult...

I say once they start accepting Jesus and Mohammed as prophets and worshipping them (no offense to Christians)..then they have entered into a realm of a different religion.

Since when has Reform judaism accepted Jesus or Mohamud? None that I have known... Unless it has become worse since I was growing up.. What is bad about Reform is that they have church organ music on Shabbat.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2009, 01:17:56 AM »
Maybe they haven't but they have accepted the false gds of feminism, homosexuality, black liberation, and often times Arab anti-Semitism.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2009, 01:27:15 AM »
Maybe they haven't but they have accepted the false gds of feminism, homosexuality, black liberation, and often times Arab anti-Semitism.

As you will expect from me, I will not quickly paint them all with such a brush. In my first post I explained that I have had experience, and I bet a lot of members here, have family members who would consider themselves reform jews. I don't condone it, but I cannot fully condemn it. I will attempt to lovingly rebuke those Jews who have gone off the path. Some may have issues which need to be worked out before they can become more observant. It is like many Rabbis explain that some religious Jews lost their faith after the Holocaust. We cannot be their judges because we did not live through that experience.

We have the mitzvah of loving the Jewish nation. This is called Ahavat Yisroel, and the opposite which is sinat Chinam or baseless hatred. A religious Jew should not feel that he is superior to the non-religious Jew. We, the religious, should attempt to reach out and bring them back into the right path. While I agree those who are wantonly rebellious will be dealt with Hashems righteous justice. But unless we know that they are helping the enemy {like NK and Pieces Now} we should give them the benefit of the doubt.

To judge all of reform judaism for the deeds of the few is not fair. It would be like judging all Orthodox Jews because of the deeds of those Rabbis in New Jersey or Jack Abramoff { http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Abramoff } . Each Jew is judged according to his or her own merits and how they affect the world.

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2009, 05:38:02 AM »
We have the mitzvah of loving the Jewish nation. This is called Ahavat Yisroel, and the opposite which is sinat Chinam or baseless hatred. A religious Jew should not feel that he is superior to the non-religious Jew. We, the religious, should attempt to reach out and bring them back into the right path. While I agree those who are wantonly rebellious will be dealt with Hashems righteous justice. But unless we know that they are helping the enemy {like NK and Pieces Now} we should give them the benefit of the doubt.

I agree that we should not judge hard ordinary reform Jews because they were taught Reformism from childhood, they think reformism IS Judaism. Since it is impossible to throw out all the original meaning from Torah and still call something "Judaism", there are a few good things in reform ideology, and the Jews who follow reform movement learn these these pieces of truth too. So I think we must view ordinary reform Jews as "tinokot she-nishbe'u", "captured babies" - our brothers who were lead astray ("captured") by an alien idelogy and strive to convince them to return to the path of the true Judaism.

But the ideology of reform "Judaism" is a cursed thing, we must fight it by all means. It is a method to "legalize" all forbidden things and to allow not to do necessary things. It is like to attach a kosher certificate to a pig. Reform "Judaism" definetely helps the enemy, both directly (by supporting Fakestinian "freedom fighters" and their "rights") and indirectly (by undermining the essence of Judaism from within).
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2009, 09:35:45 AM »
It is quite the opposite of a cult. Members of a cult are extremely loyal to the cult, usually in the embodiment of its leader, they dedicate their life to the cult and are often reclusive and discrete. Does any of this seem similar to a q typical deform Jew who marries a gentile in an inter-faith ceremony and celebrates "christmuka" ?

Deform Judaism is an anti-religion institution or social club, with no real values and frankly, no real future. It is a pipe that diverge good loyal Jews into complete assimilation in a continuous fashion.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2009, 09:45:23 AM »

Well, most Jews of all kinds worship money too...but technically they don't worship blacks.
I'm sorry but I often experience a similar feeling. I would refine it and say they don't worship money, but many Jews including our elite and leadership are extremely materialistic, they can only judge and asses things either by money, or by pride and fame. This over materialism and lack of humility is very detrimental and leads to very sorry results.

The Rambam wrote that every human trait should be balanced rather then taken to extreme, except when it comes to pride which should be as low as possible.