Author Topic: Huckabee to attend event in Shepherds Hotel  (Read 1082 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Huckabee to attend event in Shepherds Hotel
« on: August 13, 2009, 11:10:19 AM »
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1107336.html   

U.S. Republican Mike Huckabee, both former Arkansas governor and presidential candidate, will attend a formal dinner on Sunday at the contentious Shepherd Hotel in East Jerusalem.

The Obama administration has objected to Israeli plans for construction at the hotel, located in the heart of a Palestinian neighborhood.

U.S. President Barack Obama has pressed Israel to halt settlement activity as part of a bid to revive peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians.
   Advertisement
The U.S. has demanded that the hotel project be halted, but Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told a cabinet meeting in July that "Israel will not agree to edicts of this kind in East Jerusalem."

Huckabee will be joined at the hotel dinner by over a hundred guests, including prominent Jewish and Republican activists from the United States.

Huckabee is also planning to visit the Jewish section of Hebron, Jewish neighborhoods in East Jerusalem, and Ma'aleh Adumim, the largest settlement in the West Bank.

Huckabee's trip is sponsored by Ateret Cohanim, an organization that runs a religious-Zionist Yeshiva in East Jerusalem, and works to encourage Jewish settlement in East Jerusalem.

Huckabee, who ran for the Republican party's nomination for the 2008 presidential election, is seen as an early front-runner to win the party's nomination in 2012.

The Shepherd Hotel was purchased by American Jewish tycoon Irving Moskowitz in 1985 for $1 million. Moskowitz, an influential supporter of Ateret Cohanim and heightened Israeli settlement in East Jerusalem, plans to tear down the hotel and build housing units for Jewish Israelis in its place.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline cynthia

• Junior JTFer
Re: Huckabee to attend event in Shepherds Hotel
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 11:17:44 AM »
Huckabee is a Christian, a former pastor, who supports Israel, I do  know this.  I do not know all of his politics and policies, but he does support Israel. 

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 12:00:33 PM »
Huckabee is a Christian, a former pastor, who supports Israel, I do  know this.  I do not know all of his politics and policies, but he does support Israel. 
Yes i know my Brother lived in Memphis Tenn. when Gov Huckabee was the Governor in Arkansas even when he was Gov my brother heard in memphis he was very pro Israel.Memphis suburbs is 1/2 hr from Arkansas
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 12:14:24 PM »
Perhaps Chaim can write to governor and other US attendees and ask them for help in entering Israel?
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline cynthia

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 12:37:03 PM »
I need to find out more about what he did in his state.  I do know I have heard him say out loud he supports Israel and literally that America needed to allow Israel to do "what they needed to do" to have peace.  (Not that America has the business of telling Israel anything, mind you.)  He is a gentle man, and stated it gently, but I saw that strong belief that was there.  The enemy (or anyone that opposes Israel) is like a rabid dog.  You cannot tame a rabid dog or make nice with a rabid dog.  You put it down.  It is at that point now, I fully believe that.  If you make concessions, the dog continues to bit at your heels until there is nothing left of you.

Offline cynthia

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 12:48:24 PM »
This is the so far the best email addy I have found to contact Huckabee, from his website.

http://www.mikehuckabee.com/index.cfm?fa=Contact.Home

He is also on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/mikehuckabee

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 02:14:13 PM »
He does the Huckabee report every day, a 5 or 10 minutes news thing, sort of like Paul Harvey did?

He is also involved with Extreme Media, Kevin McCullough and Steven Baldwin (both Christian activists) They have a weekly radio show and are currently going around getting involved in speaking at some of these tea parties to oppose healthcare reform.

They are anti Obama, also... ;D They dont like his policies and all the things he has done.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 07:46:44 PM »
I supported Huckabee in 2008 and I would support him again in 2012 if he ran, which I do not believe he will.  I do believe he is a descent man.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 08:00:09 PM »
I supported Huckabee in 2008 and I would support him again in 2012 if he ran, which I do not believe he will.  I do believe he is a descent man.
I think he is actually a good person but he is just to nice to be president. I would like to see him in a cabinet position in an upcoming administration however. I think the times we are living in demand a tougher presence in the Oval Office then Huckabee would supply.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 08:27:45 PM »
I think he is actually a good person but he is just to nice to be president. I would like to see him in a cabinet position in an upcoming administration however. I think the times we are living in demand a tougher presence in the Oval Office then Huckabee would supply.

Yeah, Huckabee does seem like someone who is too nice to be president.  But who knows, he may a edge to him that comes out when he is pushed to far.

Offline cynthia

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 11:51:16 PM »
Have you ever heard of a fist in a velvet glove?  I see a strength in him that comes from having a great faith, and I see values in him that are probably like steel.  He is a decent man, but he was elected to be governor, and that takes great strength to survive any political process.  I do not know what his plans are, but there is a strong man in there, who has a quiet, friendly, tangible demeanor. 

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 11:58:46 PM »
Have you ever heard of a fist in a velvet glove?  I see a strength in him that comes from having a great faith, and I see values in him that are probably like steel.  He is a decent man, but he was elected to be governor, and that takes great strength to survive any political process.  I do not know what his plans are, but there is a strong man in there, who has a quiet, friendly, tangible demeanor. 

Amen.  very well put.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 12:05:22 AM »
I'd rather him too nice than too (insert appropriate adjective for arab pissident here).

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 12:23:58 AM »
Huckabee and Palin would make a great team in 2012 !

They both support Israel.             :usa+israel:

Shalom - Dox