Author Topic: Subway food chain sucks  (Read 9623 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Subway food chain sucks
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2009, 01:36:53 PM »
The reason why we think saturated fat (animal/palm/coconut oil) is so terrible today is because the soybean industry and its surrogates (like the so-called Center for Science in the Public Interest) has spent millions of dollars for decades presenting natural fats as "unhealthy" and their hideous alternative of margarine/Crisco as "healthy". Most of America, and certainly the whoring medical establishment and its flunkies have bought into this garbage. Even today, when doctors are forced to admit how terrible trans fats are, they will sometimes add the politically-correct caveat that "saturated fats are still worse", which is a total LIE.

PS the difference between "partially" and "fully" hydrogenated oils is just semantics. That's why I just listed "hydrogenated oils". They might start off with a soybean or cottonseed base but they are bombarded in a nuclear reactor, under thousands of degrees, until they are molecularly converted to a petrolatum-like substance that keeps forever.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 01:43:32 PM by Bonesfan »

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2009, 01:41:45 PM »
I know it is not healthy to deep-fry stuff, obviously
Depends on what you deep-fry it in, and how balanced your diet is.

but as far as cooking a dish with olive oil in it, I'm not sure why should the oil be any less healthy if it is put directly onto food after it's cooked, vs. cooking a little in the food you're making.
I think that if you re-use liquid vegetable oils a lot, you can start converting the oil molecules to trans-fat molecules, but I don't do that.

Also, I have read that the most unhealthy of all oils to cook with is Canola oil.
I can't believe that, Crisco or any other hydrogenated oil has to be the worst.

It is really rapeseed oil, which originated in Canada, but which for obvious reasons could not be successfully marketed as such.
Rapeseed is mustard oil, never heard that anything is unhealthy about mustard. 

So it was called "canola" .   This oil for reasons I can't remember now, becomes something very unhealthy when it is cooked, unlike most other oils
Acrylamides? (I thought those come from burning starch.)

(which is why your comment about olive oil surprised me.  I understood that other oils are ok to cook with).    I noticed that canola oil is extremely popular in use in Israel, all over the shelves, and one of the cheapest cooking oils available.   I was very disappointed by this.
It's not the worst. It is a "ghetto" kind of oil but any liquid oil that is not constantly reused isn't too bad. I don't see why Israelis can't use more olive oil though. The Mediterranean climate is perfect for olives, so I can't believe why it would be so expensive there.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2009, 02:42:16 PM »
Never heard that about olive oil. I fry almost everything in it.

Generally speaking if oil is liquid at room-temp it is at the least not bad for you. Animal fats are solid at RT but they are natural and unmodified, and we have animal fat too, of course.

no no dont do that w olive oil.  Olive oil is supposed to be used without cooking.  You actually make the molecules worse when you cook olive oil..i learned this recently.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2009, 02:43:17 PM »
Do you have a link?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2009, 02:47:18 PM »
No, they're saying that olive oil shouldn't be cooked

Canola oil not cooked with too much heat because it is cancerous.

But grapeseed oil is a different thing which you can cook with..and has less problems than the other too.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2009, 03:06:43 PM »
Agree with it completely on the subject of coconut oil--the problem is it is so expensive and of limited availability compared to the other oils. I do use a lot of saturated fats though (butter, lard, etc.).

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member