Author Topic: A joke of Soviet Jews who made aliya in 1980-ies  (Read 716 times)

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
A joke of Soviet Jews who made aliya in 1980-ies
« on: August 14, 2009, 04:08:54 AM »
Moshe sits in his home in Tel Aviv and reads Soviet newspaper "Pravda".

Chaim: are you crazy, Moshe? For 10 years you struggled with the Soviets for your right to leave USSR and go to Israel. And now you read their propaganda crap?

Moshe: what do I see since I came here? Israel asks the world what to do, Israel is weak, Israel retreats from Sinai, Israeli leaders appease Arab terrorists. Now what do Soviets say? "Israeli military might", "Zionist war machine", "Israeli aggression", "Zionist occupation"! I just want to hear something positive!

Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline Madmarv

• Full JTFer
Re: A joke of Soviet Jews who made aliya in 1980-ies
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 06:45:59 AM »
 :laugh:
UNITED WE STAND,

DIVIDED WE FALL.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 09:23:32 AM »
Moshe sits in his home in Tel Aviv and reads Soviet newspaper "Pravda".

Chaim: are you crazy, Moshe? For 10 years you struggled with the Soviets for your right to leave USSR and go to Israel. And now you read their propaganda crap?

Moshe: what do I see since I came here? Israel asks the world what to do, Israel is weak, Israel retreats from Sinai, Israeli leaders appease Arab terrorists. Now what do Soviets say? "Israeli military might", "Zionist war machine", "Israeli aggression", "Zionist occupation"! I just want to hear something positive!

:::D :::D :::D
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Moshe92

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 09:50:53 AM »
The same is true today with the liberal newspapers in the United States. The Boston Globe is always talking about how Netanyahu is "defying Obama's call for a settlement freeze" and how Avigdor Lieberman is "far-right" and "ultranationalist." It would be cool if some of that was true.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 10:59:11 AM »
The qualities of Israel are being understood best by the erstwhile superpowers. Its a pity that its own people are not able to appreciate it.
 :laugh: ;D

However on a serious node, I appreciate Israel as its creation and existence are almost divine.
 :fist: :israel: 
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 03:47:42 PM »
very true!  ;D
Hayot Araviot Masrihot