Author Topic: Photos of my Pets  (Read 3567 times)

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
Photos of my Pets
« on: August 14, 2009, 01:34:00 PM »
Here are 2 of my Pets ....My Doxie Haylee and my Cat Bart.

Haylee my doxie is 13 years old. She has been paralyzed for 7 years now, but she feels no pain and is happy despite her handicap.
My doxie Haylee spends most of her days watching fox news in her little bed, she eats well, loves to bark and plays tug of war with socks.

Bart is a lazy indoor cat who spends most of his time eating and sleeping. Bart has no hunting skills due to him being an indoor cat. We have an infestation of Coyotes who hunt for Cats that have wandered out of their homes where I live.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Photos of my Pets
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 01:36:29 PM »
You have some really nice animals. Have you ever thought of getting a doggy wheelchair for your dachshund? They're only a few hundred dollars each and it might give him some mobility. I'm sure that they both live very happy lives with a great person like you :)

When I get a chance I'll try to get some pictures of the feral cats and the kittens.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 01:57:39 PM »
Ruby, thank you for the suggestion of a wheelchair.

Taking care of her is a 24/7 job and if I bought her a set of wheels I would have to put the wheels on and off throughout the day. That would add to my workload for her. I could not put her in the wheels and leave her unattended.
She does get exercise in our back yard 3 times a day...the grass is soft and she uses her front legs to pull the rest of her along. Her front legs are powerful and make up for the lack of the hind legs.  Honestly she can go pretty fast across the yard, and she likes to roll in the grass and sun bathe.

If I was to take her out of the home for walks then I would have invested in wheels for her, but she is content exercising in my room and in her yard.

Ruby, how are your cats doing?
I remember you adopted a feral cat and had her spayed..that was so kind of you.

Shalom - Dox   

Offline cynthia

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 02:33:48 PM »
I have three dogs, and one of them is 98 in dog years.  He gets around, and I dearly love them all.  Animals are a gift. 

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 02:42:08 PM »
I have three dogs, and one of them is 98 in dog years.  He gets around, and I dearly love them all.  Animals are a gift. 

Hi Cynthia... so you are a dog lover too, that is great. Dogs are truly man's best friend. I am sure you love and spoil your pets as I do.

My husband and I have 3 dogs also, I  posted only 2 pictures today. One of my doxie and one of my cat.
We have in addition 2 other dogs, I didn't post their pics. One female Jack Russel Terrier ( Trixie ) and a Wolf/ Shepard mix named Buster.
We also have 2 African Fat tailed geckos, the female is 7 years old ( Brownie ) and she is dying of old age and the other gecko ( Boo )  is 5 years old.

Shalom Cynthia - Good to have you on our forum!

Dox 

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 03:26:44 PM »
i HAVE A DOG TOO HE'S 9 HE'S VERY NICE I POSTED A PHOTO A FEW TIMES .At first i thought your Dachshund was a Doberman he's cute.He's not fully Paralyzed is he?
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 04:45:44 PM »
Your pets are cute! I like them  :)

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 04:57:01 PM »
i HAVE A DOG TOO HE'S 9 HE'S VERY NICE I POSTED A PHOTO A FEW TIMES .At first i thought your Dachshund was a Doberman he's cute.He's not fully Paralyzed is he?

Hi Mord, her name is haylee and she is not fully paralyzed. Sometimes she can stand for 2 or 3 minutes. Her hind legs do not work anymore for walking. Her front legs are very strong and she pulls herself along very well in the yard and on the wood floor.
She ( Haylee ) has degenerative disk disease. My vets and I talked about an operation years ago, but I decided not to go for the surgery, it was too risky and there were no promises that she would walk again.

I saw a picture of your dog, If I remember correctly he is a german shepard. He is beautiful.
he looks spolied too!

Now that you mentioned it, she does resemble a mini Doberman pincher.

Shalom - Dox   

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 04:58:19 PM »
Your pets are cute! I like them  :)

Thank you German Kahanist...do you have any pets?

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 05:05:15 PM »

Hi Mord, her name is haylee and she is not fully paralyzed. Sometimes she can stand for 2 or 3 minutes. Her hind legs do not work anymore for walking. Her front legs are very strong and she pulls herself along very well in the yard and on the wood floor.
She ( Haylee ) has degenerative disk disease. My vets and I talked about an operation years ago, but I decided not to go for the surgery, it was too risky and there were no promises that she would walk again.

I saw a picture of your dog, If I remember correctly he is a german shepard. He is beautiful.
he looks spolied too!

Now that you mentioned it, she does resemble a mini Doberman pincher.

Shalom - Dox   

T/Y YES DACSHUNDS HAVE DISC PROBLEMS BECAUSE THEY'RE LONG AND SHORT SO THEY TEND TO HAVE SPINE PROBLEMS .I HAD A DISC PROBLEM BUT MY NEUROLOGIST SENT ME TO A PHYSICAL THREAPISTS AFTER ABOUT 6 MONTHS I WAS WEIGHTLIFTING AGAIN
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 05:38:28 PM »
You have sweet pets! I have a girl bulldog - my 2nd one. I had a boy bulldog before.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 06:14:35 PM »
Your tuxedo cat is pretty. I have one as well

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 06:22:47 PM »
At the maximum I had eight cats. At this time I only have three left. The oldest cat is 14 now...

In Order :

Bud : Black & White cat {my first cat} died in 2000
Tinkerbell : died last year
Blinky : Black cat still alive {14 years old}
Todo : Died 2 years ago
Tiger : Lost 10 years ago
Kit : Died 7 years ago
Pepper : Still alive {My favorite cat}
Patches : sister of Pepper, outside and feral
Popey : boyfriend of Patches, outside and feral
Spices: Died 2 years ago

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 06:45:37 PM »
Dox, your pets are adorable!

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2009, 08:12:00 PM »
They're so cute.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2009, 11:47:01 PM »
Ruby, thank you for the suggestion of a wheelchair.

Taking care of her is a 24/7 job and if I bought her a set of wheels I would have to put the wheels on and off throughout the day. That would add to my workload for her. I could not put her in the wheels and leave her unattended.
She does get exercise in our back yard 3 times a day...the grass is soft and she uses her front legs to pull the rest of her along. Her front legs are powerful and make up for the lack of the hind legs.  Honestly she can go pretty fast across the yard, and she likes to roll in the grass and sun bathe.

If I was to take her out of the home for walks then I would have invested in wheels for her, but she is content exercising in my room and in her yard.

That sounds like a very happy little doggy. She is so lucky to have you when others would have given up on her! What a great pet parent you are :) As long as animals have a reasonable quality of life, they should be cared for instead of put to sleep. Disabled pets are lovable pets too! I understand about the 24/7 thing too. A while back I lost my nearly 17 year old dog named Mikey. I used to have him in my avatar. He was very elderly and had brain damage, sometimes he turned in circles, but he remembered who we were and would want to cuddle and lick me sometimes, so I kept him going as long as I could. He did end up having to be put to sleep, but it was really unquestionably time at that point, and I was able to feel good about giving him every chance for a long life and letting him live it happily.

This is my ferret, Eva:

Ruby, how are your cats doing?
I remember you adopted a feral cat and had her spayed..that was so kind of you.

Shalom - Dox   

Thanks :) Blackie (female black cat), Whitenose (female gray tabby with white fur above her nose), Willow (male gray and white cat), and Smokey (gray female, Blackie's daughter) were all spayed and we still take care of them but they are outside cats and probably wouldn't be happy as pets. Smokey's brother/Blackie's son Cinder disappeared and is probably deceased. Willow might have killed him or he might have been hit by a car. The other cats are doing fine.

Whitenose's babies that I took off the street to raise inside are Tiger (male gray tabby), Serena (female black, with gray stripes), and Casey (male black). I am getting them treated for ringworm. Their sister Baby died recently of some infection and their other sibling disappeared before I could rescue them.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 12:00:14 AM »
You have some really nice animals. Have you ever thought of getting a doggy wheelchair for your dachshund? They're only a few hundred dollars each and it might give him some mobility. I'm sure that they both live very happy lives with a great person like you :)

When I get a chance I'll try to get some pictures of the feral cats and the kittens.

I agree with Rubystars.  Get a rascal for the rascal. 
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2009, 12:49:13 AM »
Dox, your dog is soooo cute. Unfortunately, I am deathly allergic to cats so I can never think one is cute,lol. My mom loves dogs. One day I want to own one. Maybe a Great Dane or one of those super genius dogs that do everything for you and will protect you. Like a super killer who obeys your command. I want a lovable dog who can turn into a killer on demand.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2009, 01:02:44 AM »
Thank you Lisa, Abben, Manch, YimachShemotoIslam, and Abraham.

Ruby, I saw your ferret...it is so adorable and what a busy body your pet ferret is! I noticed he/she kept looking for something to get into.
I have heard that ferrets love to keep their owners busy. I wish I could add a ferret to my family, but my husband would probably send me off to a funny farm if I did. We have so many pets already.

Mord, you are correct about the doxies having disk problems. Haylee started having troubles at age 3 and we spent the next 3 years at the Vet office with pain killers, etc. Haylee had such a will to live and she was in love with me so I decided to keep her no matter the difficulties. At age 7 she could not walk anymore, but not walking became a blessing in disguise. Even though she couldn't walk anymore, at least she didn't feel any pain either and it has been 6 years since she stopped the pain meds and she's fine now.

Muman, I saw a picture of your black and white cat some time ago on the forum. Like Ruby you do a great mitzvah to care for those poor ferel cats.
I am sorry you lost your beloved cats and it was good of you to remember them by posting their names.

Thank you all for letting me have a show and tell about my pets and your kind replys.

Shalom - Dox

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2009, 06:13:21 AM »
Very sweet pets. :)
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2009, 08:53:15 AM »
Muman how is Pepper doing? I was hoping that they had recovered from their sickness a while ago.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2009, 01:25:43 PM »
Very Cute critters.  Amazing how you can live in harmony with animals.  They even lower our blood pressure, because of our kinship.  It can be very healthy to have a wonderful pet, and close relationship..... Animals are frequently taken to visit senior citizens in retirement homes, it makes them happy and content!

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2009, 01:42:41 PM »
its great that you are taking care of the dog inspite of it being paraplegic. I know some people give up taking care of animals when they start suffering from illnesses.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2009, 03:09:56 PM »
Muman how is Pepper doing? I was hoping that they had recovered from their sickness a while ago.

Hi RubyStars,

Pepper is wonderful now... Completely recovered from the anemic condition she was in a couple months ago... And of course she loves me even more for saving her from such a dangerous condition.

Thank you so much for asking. Pets do help us feel connection to the physical world. I love most animals and enjoy sitting in nature with birds, squirrels and other wildlife. Where I live we have so many wonderful birds, from hummingbirds and blue jays to hawks and eagles.

It is wonderful that Dox is taking care of her pet even when she has disabilities. I know she will be rewarded for her kindness.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline patches

• Senior JTFer
  • To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2009, 05:43:42 PM »
I have to say, Patches is a great name for a pet.   :dance: