Author Topic: New Matisyahu CD & Video  (Read 1040 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
New Matisyahu CD & Video
« on: August 14, 2009, 03:11:12 PM »
I am very happy today!

Last night I discovered that Matisyahu has a new CD which will be released next week. Yishai Fliescher at INN {Israel National News} alerted me to this last night when I listened to his latest radio broadcast.

The video is very moving. I love Matisyahu and have seen him live twice. {One on Purim in SF, and another time in San Jose}..

I just ordered the new CD last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as7Y-mCiFaM&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FmatisyahuTV&feature=player_profilepage#t=38

« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 03:19:26 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: New Matisyahu CD & Video
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 03:12:08 PM »
He does good music but according to his Wiki page, he sometimes performs with a Muslim rapper.  >:(

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 03:13:26 PM »
He does good music but according to his Wiki page, he sometimes performs with a Muslim rapper.  >:(

Listen to the songs, listen to the words, this man writes beautiful authentic Jewish lyrics.

Do you know which 'muslim' rappers he raps with? This man is very Zionistic and supports Israel, has performed there many times, and I believe he moved there.

I looked at the wikipage... It appears the man you refered to is Kenny Muhammed who is respected as one of the best beatboxers in the business.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 03:17:27 PM »
Yeah, that's the one, but it doesn't matter how good he is. He should have nothing to do with this filth.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 03:37:00 PM »
Yeah, that's the one, but it doesn't matter how good he is. He should have nothing to do with this filth.

Hey BonesFan,

I just discovered an interesting co-incidence {but I don't believe in coincidence}...

The group which does the music for the title sequence of the TV show Bones is "The Crystal Method". Last night when listening to Matisyahu songs I found that Matisyahu recorded a track with "The Crystal Method" and it is on YouTube also

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bones_(TV_series)
Opening title sequence

The title sequence of Bones is usually shown near the beginning of the episode. Accompanied by the show's theme music, composed and performed by The Crystal Method, the sequence provides the credits of the show. Each episode usually begins with a cold open, which sets up the plot of the episode and can last from three to ten minutes before the title sequence is shown. The title sequence varies from season to season. The first season's title sequence mostly consists of scenes from the first five episodes of the series while the second season's title sequence is made up of scenes from the first season and early episodes of the second. The opening credits in the title sequence include the regular cast members of the respective seasons.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 04:00:02 PM »
I happen to love Matisyahu, he is always sending me videos he does on the road.

My son's best friend saw him in concert and gave him a high five...

I plan on getting several of his posters and putting them in our music room here.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 04:04:46 PM »
I like his music. I listen to it! My favorite song is Jerusalem

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 04:09:28 PM »
Mine too, I also like the new one called "One Day". He filmed that one in New York.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 06:19:04 PM »
Mine too, I also like the new one called "One Day". He filmed that one in New York.

The video link I posted is the video for 'One Day'... The second one is a link to the song 'Jerusalem'.

Offline Geert Akbar

• Full JTFer
    • My JTF video zootube channel
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 08:11:36 PM »
Matisyahu is good stuff. I am a big fan and I cannot wait until the new disc comes out.

"Warrior" and "L-rd Raise Me Up" from the "Live at Stubb's" album are my favorites. I have yet to see him live myself.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
-Thomas Jefferson