Author Topic: Open carriage of assault rifles near the US president  (Read 2859 times)

Offline galileerat

• Junior JTFer
Open carriage of assault rifles near the US president
« on: August 18, 2009, 01:47:45 PM »

Americans are very imitative, and I suspect that now that it's out that it's legal to openly carry an assault rifle around in some states, there's gonna be a lot more people packing pieces in public! http://edition.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/08/17/obama.protest.rifle/index.html

Although they're not allowed to enter a presidential speaking zone while the president's there, they are allowed to walk around outside it.

What do the Secret Service do if 50-100 fellows with M16s, Galils, Steyrs and AKs turn up, all with valid licences?!

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
Re: Open carriage of assault rifles near the US president
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 01:49:45 PM »

Americans are very imitative, and I suspect that now that it's out that it's legal to openly carry an assault rifle around in some states, there's gonna be a lot more people packing pieces in public! http://edition.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/08/17/obama.protest.rifle/index.html

Although they're not allowed to enter a presidential speaking zone while the president's there, they are allowed to walk around outside it.

What do the Secret Service do if 50-100 fellows with M16s, Galils, Steyrs and AKs turn up, all with valid licences?!

:fright: Soil their pants?
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline MountainMan

• Full JTFer
Re: Open carriage of assault rifles near the US president
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 08:06:54 PM »
You don't even need a license to open carry your rifle in some states..  Even where I live I can carry my rifle on my back without a permit.  You usually only need a license to conceal carry.