Author Topic: Huckabee's first campaign stop  (Read 1146 times)

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Huckabee's first campaign stop
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 02:20:51 PM »
Huckabee is certainly taking positions that are genuinely pro-Israel (unlike the other potential presidential candidates). And so far, Huckabee has stood firm as the Jew-hating Bolshevik news media ridicules and attacks him.

If someone like this were elected president, and if he implemented this pro-Israel policy, it would have a profoundly positive effect upon the world.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 03:02:19 PM »
Chaim, do you think the American people would support Huckabee's pro-Israel positions?

The American public has become considerably more anti-Israel over the last year or two or so.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 03:03:56 PM »
Huckabee is certainly taking positions that are genuinely pro-Israel (unlike the other potential presidential candidates). And so far, Huckabee has stood firm as the Jew-hating Bolshevik news media ridicules and attacks him.

If someone like this were elected president, and if he implemented this pro-Israel policy, it would have a profoundly positive effect upon the world.

Would you rather have Huckabee or Palin?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 03:11:33 PM »
Right now he would rather have Huckabee because Palin gave lip service to "two states" last year during the debate.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 03:29:51 PM »
Right now he would rather have Huckabee because Palin gave lip service to "two states" last year during the debate.

how bout u?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 03:39:59 PM »
I don't know. I've become very disappointed with former Governor Palin, but at the same time Huckabee's record on non-Israel issues is absolutely horrible. Also, two years ago he made some rather pro-Fakestinian comments, so I don't know for sure if he is sincere about supporting Israel.

Still, I think Chaim is right that Huck's current actions are absolutely amazing. Who knows if it is for real--but it's unheard of in American politics to this point for a U.S. politician to actually tour the territories and hang out with super-observant Jewish pioneers on the front lines.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 07:08:04 PM »
   Palin disappointed me by resigning as governor. I believe that commitments should be followed through and positions should not just be stepping stones. Of course I do believe Palin would do a good job and if she is chosen as the republican candidate, I'll have no problem voting for her.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Yochai

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 07:23:58 PM »
I know and talk to many very Liberal Jews very often.  Based on how upset they are over what Huckabee is saying, I would have to say Huckabee is definitely putting forth great ideas.

Unfortunately, I feel that could also be a problem, because if the Liberal Jewish establishment manages to campaign hard enough, they could really hurt Huckabee.  The idea of Huckabee getting into a conflict with Jews(albeit liberal ones) over the State of Israel does not bode well for his presidential campaign.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 07:37:51 PM »
I know and talk to many very Liberal Jews very often.  Based on how upset they are over what Huckabee is saying, I would have to say Huckabee is definitely putting forth great ideas.

Unfortunately, I feel that could also be a problem, because if the Liberal Jewish establishment manages to campaign hard enough, they could really hurt Huckabee.  The idea of Huckabee getting into a conflict with Jews(albeit liberal ones) over the State of Israel does not bode well for his presidential campaign.
The Liberal Jewish establishment is more  a concern to the Democrats. This demographic is a lost cause to Republicans running a national election. It is almost impossible for that demographic to pull the lever for a Republican. More over they work hand and glove with the liberal parties on 99% of all issues.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Yochai

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 07:44:58 PM »

The Liberal Jewish establishment is more  a concern to the Democrats. This demographic is a lost cause to Republicans running a national election. It is almost impossible for that demographic to pull the lever for a Republican. More over they work hand and glove with the liberal parties on 99% of all issues.

I agree on that, but I did not mean it would hurt him in terms of losing that segment of the vote, because as you stated, it is a lost cause.  I meant that a Baptist Minister taking on a group of Jews over an issue as innately Jewish as Israel will not look good, and could hurt him in other ways.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 08:02:25 PM »
I see where you are going and may even agree however I think a bigger segment of America supports Israel than the national media would like to state. As of now I am only a moderate Huckabee supporter but the more I see of this guy the better I like him. I think he may have just the right mixture of centrist and Conservative positions to be a good president. After watching this guy on his TV show for the past few months I think he may be far just far enough to the right of center to get a broad spectrum of Republicans and Conservative Democrats to vote for him in 2012. If he remains strong on Israel and Israel shows some backbone the American people will also support a pro Israel position. Contrary to what the Liberal media would have most people believe Americans like an Israel that stands up for itself. Look at some old newspapers from back in the late 60's after the 67 war Americans admired Israels victories against stacked odds.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline cynthia

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2009, 12:00:34 AM »
Chaim, you are right as usual.  I fully believe a policy and a man like this in the White House could, without question be the most powerful protection, for at the very least America.  G-d cannot bless those who do not bless Israel, and I know this, and Huckabee knows this in his soul.  I do believe he knows that the very safety of the world depends on the utter and complete support of Israel and the Jewish people. 

I still know it exists, but still cannot fathom how even the liberal Jewish people could support the policies of this administration.  It is like there are blinders over their eyes. 

Offline Sentinel For Truth

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2009, 01:29:32 AM »
Yes, Chiam he is very good on his stance with Israel.  I would love for him to have a genuine chance, but he'll have to beat the elite's chosen candidate for the Republican nomination.  He'll have to win despite them like Reagan or Goldwater.