Author Topic: My letter to CBS Radio and MSNBC concerning Don Imus  (Read 1500 times)

Offline dawntreader

• Senior JTFer
My letter to CBS Radio and MSNBC concerning Don Imus
« on: April 13, 2007, 12:04:23 AM »
I would just like to encourage everyone here to take a moment and let CBS Radio and MSNBC know how disgusted with them you are for firing Don Imus.

You can email MSNBC here:

[email protected]

The corporate phone number for CBS Radio is here:

CBS RADIO
1515 Broadway
New York, NY 10036
212-846-3939

Here's my letter to them all:

I would just like to say that I am disgusted with CBS Radio, MSNBC, and Newsweek in particular for their politically correct, liberal decision to fire radio Shock Jock, Don Imus. His remarks in calling the Rutger's female basketball team "nappy headed hos" is no worse than MANY a thing said by Howard Stern.

Not only this, but the absolute and disgusting hypocrisy of the MSNBC, Newsweek and CBS Radio establishment in continuing to allow people like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson...both well known for their racist leanings to continue as commentators and welcomed guests on numerous news programs says that the aforementioned companies and publication are following a political agenda in the firing of Don Imus.

Let me remind you all of quotes that are JUST AS BAD IF NOT WORSE than Don Imus's remarks which Al Shapton and Jesse Jackson (Both of whom were some of the most outspoken calling for the firing of Don Imus) have spoken IN PUBLIC.

Sharpton referred to Jews as "diamond merchants" during an uprising in the Crown Heights area of New York, and said, "If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house."

So...I guess MSNBC believes its ok for Sharpton, a man who is supposed to be a Christian pastor, to attack Jews...but Don Imus...who is well known as a shock jock can't call a women's basketball team "nappy headed hos." This is despite the fact that on Prime Time Television programs such as "In Living Color" and any number of black sit-coms on BET TV (Black Entertainment Television) you will hear phrases such as this and worse. I guess it's ok when it's blacks insulting blacks eh? I wonder what kind of message a great majority of Black television shows send out to women and kids?

What about Jesse Jackson? Oh wait! He TOO has spewed anti-semitic remarks in public!
In 1984 Jackson referred to NYC by the handle Hymietown in off-the-record conversations with reporters. When he was initially called to task for this anti-Semitic remark he flatly denied having ever said it. Milton Coleman, a trailblazing African-American reporter from the Washington Post, insisted that Jackson had used the expression, and Jackson later admitted his "error," saying "Charge it to my head . . . not to my heart."

Well, I guess MSNBC, Newsweek and CBS Radio among others felt it was ok to forgive both Sharpton and Jackson for their comments...but again...it just shows the hypocrisy of the liberal media because when Don Imus apologizes it doesn't really matter you see. No, despite his repeated apologies the man gets canned.

SHAME ON YOU MSNBC, Newsweek and CBS Radio! Your double standard is gonna get blazoned abroad to every man, woman and child I know. And I for one, at every turn will shun your company for those who have the decency to at least be honest!
Victory is a thing of the will. -General Ferdinand Foch

Our peace must be a peace of victors, not of the vanquished.
- General Ferdinand Foch

We have met the enemy and they are ours.
- Oliver Hazard Perry

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
Re: My letter to CBS Radio and MSNBC concerning Don Imus
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 12:25:12 AM »
thats well written, I suppose we should all write something, though I never liked Imus's show. I dont like that he was fired for nothing.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 12:59:31 AM »
I dont think you should compare it to Howard Stern, they also fired him. And he is on Satelitte radio which they cant censor.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 07:17:00 AM »
I'm all for activism but I think that if you want a response, you should keep the letter concise.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 10:20:13 AM »
Excellent letter, Dawntreader.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 11:16:52 AM »
Hey Dawntreater, why didn't you post your views on my post about Imus?

Offline dawntreader

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 12:19:10 PM »
Hi there Joe,

Sorry! I figured since there was already like 4 pages of responses to your posting on Imus I would start a new one that had all the contact info for CBS Radio and MSNBC up front on the first page.

Be well man!

dawntreader
Victory is a thing of the will. -General Ferdinand Foch

Our peace must be a peace of victors, not of the vanquished.
- General Ferdinand Foch

We have met the enemy and they are ours.
- Oliver Hazard Perry

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 06:00:10 PM »
OK. I was just wondering why you didn't post on the thread that I started on the Imus story.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 07:27:42 PM »
I agree completely.  I asked Chaim about this issue for this week's show.