Author Topic: Gandhi is Obama's hero  (Read 3744 times)

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
Gandhi is Obama's hero
« on: September 09, 2009, 03:02:17 AM »
Washington, Sep 9 (IANS) US President Barack Obama has said that if he could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, it would be Mahatma Gandhi, adding he is 'a real hero of mine'.

Obama had gone to Wakefield High School in Arlington to give a speech welcoming students back to school, when he took a few questions from ninth-graders.

Lily, a student, asked: 'And if you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?'

'Well, you know, dead or alive, that's a pretty big list,' Obama was quoted as saying by Los Angeles Times Wednesday.

'You know, I think that it might be Gandhi, who is a real hero of mine.'

Obama said: 'Now, it would probably be a really small meal because, he didn't eat a lot.'

'But he's somebody who I find a lot of inspiration in. He inspired Dr. (Martin Luther) King, so if it hadn't been for the non-violent movement in India, you might not have seen the same non-violent movement for civil rights here in the United States.'

Obama told the students that Gandhi represents the power of change through ethics and how to use that morality to foster change, themes he has repeated through his presidential campaign and administration.

Facing sharp divisions in Congress and within his own Democratic Party, Obama stressed Gandhi's fighting spirit and will to overcome long odds.

Gandhi helped 'people who thought they had no power realise that they had power and then helped people who had a lot of power realise that if all they're doing is oppressing people, then that's not a really good exercise of power'.
Indo Asian News Service

http://in.news.yahoo.com/43/20090909/890/twl-i-would-have-liked-to-have-dinner-wi.html

not surprising, both enjoy keeping quite while non-Muslims are slaughtered. One supported Khilafat Movement and other supporting Jihadi Intifada.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Gandhi is Obama's hero
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 10:02:20 AM »
            0+0 = 0
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 10:19:47 AM »
            0+0 = 0

How did the resulting zero end up larger than the two input zeros? It should be 0+0=0!

PS: Now I get it... They are a Big zero!

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 10:57:48 AM »
            0+0 = 0

How did the resulting zero end up larger than the two input zeros? It should be 0+0=0!

PS: Now I get it... They are a Big zero!

Very intelligent...  ;D
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 11:04:02 AM »
Didnt Gandhi say Blacks were inferior?

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 02:00:57 PM »

I have not come across any such statement. However I recall long back some smalltime leftist writer vaguely hinting something like this without proper reference and context and based only on some distant circumstancial evidence. 

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 02:05:27 PM »
Gandhi was much different. Obama can be sHitler, but not Gandhi.
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 03:47:44 PM »
I wonder if they'd sip "ghandi soda" at the shared meal?

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 04:17:52 PM »

Yes.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 06:40:18 PM »
I'm surprised he didn't pick Ayatollah Khomeini or Yasser Arafat. 

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 06:41:55 PM »

:nono: because he's a good man. (barf)

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 06:46:30 PM »

:nono: because he's a good man. (barf)

Sure.  Because Obama never says what he truly thinks. ;D

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 06:48:58 PM »

Because, those would be his obvious choices and he is trying to come across as a "man of peace", who in his mind, believes that he is the only man in the World that has the ability to unite all people.
So, in his demented mind, Ghandi sounds more mainstream and/or appropriate to him.
Especially after the response he received after he "bowed down" to King Abdullah.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 06:53:31 PM »
Never forget that old bigot Rev. Wright.  I'm sure he will always have a special place in Obama's black as night heart.

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 07:01:42 PM »
Never forget that old bigot Rev. Wright.  I'm sure he will always have a special place in Obama's black as night heart.

True.
I believe that in the short time that Obama has been on the national political scene, we have all been able to determine what he is really about.
His associations, actions, and loyalties more than signal what his true beliefs are.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 07:04:52 PM »

True.
I believe that in the short time that Obama has been on the national political scene, we have all been able to determine what he is really about.
His associations, actions, and loyalties more than signal what his true beliefs are.

So true.  Obama's company is indeed a group of racist, con men, thieves, ant-Americans, etc.  I fear the worse are still to appear.

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2009, 07:13:41 PM »

True.

So true.  Obama's company is indeed a group of racist, con men, thieves, ant-Americans, etc.  I fear the worse are still to appear.

RanterM,
No doubt.
I, also, think that this is only the start of the "Audacity" that is Obama.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2009, 07:15:08 PM »
Blacks and liberals as a whole love to name Gandhi or MLK as their heroes.  What nonsense.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2009, 07:23:56 PM »

Don't worry, he won't be forgotten. >:(

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 07:27:01 PM »

Don't worry, he won't be forgotten. >:(

I actually thought of Rev Wright the other day.  I was in a public restroom and someone before me had not flushed the toilet.

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 07:34:05 PM »
Blacks and liberals as a whole love to name Gandhi or MLK as their heroes.  What nonsense.

Because, in their warped minds, by citing MLK or Gandhi , they believe that they will come across as "moderates" to the masses.
But, nothing could be further from the truth.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 07:39:05 PM »
These are scary times.  We don't need Gandhi.  We need a cross between Rambo and Ronald Reagan.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2009, 07:42:08 PM »
These are scary times.  We don't need Gandhi.  We need a cross between Rambo and Ronald Reagan.

And maybe a little bit of the Terminator mixed in...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2009, 07:44:58 PM »
and

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2009, 07:48:27 PM »

Sadly, there isn't anybody on our political horizon that even comes near to a Rambo/Reagan type of person.
And, that is what has brought us, in America, to people, voting in such an egotistical fool as the POTUS.