Author Topic: Israeli F-16 warplane crashes in West Bank  (Read 656 times)

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
Israeli F-16 warplane crashes in West Bank
« on: September 13, 2009, 02:16:04 PM »
JERUSALEM (AFP) - An Israeli F-16 fighter jet crashed in the West Bank on Sunday, killing its pilot, the son of Israeli astronaut Ilan Ramon who died in the 2003 space shuttle Columbia disaster, officials said.
The single-seat warplane crashed in a remote hilly region south of the West Bank city of Hebron, the military said, adding that it was not immediately clear what caused the accident.

Military officials named the pilot as Lieutenant Assaf Ramon, the eldest son of Colonel Ilan Ramon, an Israeli fighter pilot who became the country's first and only astronaut.

Ilan Ramon was killed along with six others when the space shuttle Columbia disintegrated during re-entry over the US state of Texas six years ago.

In interviews after the Columbia disaster, Assaf Ramon said that he, too, hoped to become an astronaut. He graduated from the Israeli air force pilot's course earlier this year.

The military said the aircraft crashed during a routine flight as part of the advanced pilot training course.

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
Re: Israeli F-16 warplane crashes in West Bank
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 02:19:20 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if some Muslim scum shot it down. I would have loved it to have crashed into a Muslim neighborhood killing many Muslims. Lets pray for this Hero.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 02:27:11 PM »
He's resting with his father now. Two heroes.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 02:48:29 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if some Muslim scum shot it down.<<

I sure hope not.  That would be a mega disaster if the Arabs in Judea and Samaria have the ability to shoot down fighter jets.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 02:53:35 PM »
It's a tragic accident.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 03:04:25 PM »

My heart goes out to that family what an overwhelming loss, to lose a father and a son, there must be a huge void in their world for them.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 03:58:13 PM »
Baruch Dayan Emet

:'(

This young man is a hero who surely deserves to spend Gan Eden with his father.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 05:39:35 PM »
Baruch Dayan HaEmet.

Well if that was supposed to be routine and it was a mechanical failure, that would be 2 malfunctions of F-16's in Israel in a matter of a few weeks.  (or less).