Author Topic: Glenn Beck we should all fast on Yom Kippur Idiot olbermann tries to mock him  (Read 2983 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Glenn Beck we should all fast on Yom Kippur Idiot olbermann tries to mock him
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2009, 10:56:09 AM »
I have no problem with gentiles wanting to fast on Yom Kippur. 

I have no problem with this too. There are lots of good people who are attracted to Judaism. Some decide to be Noahides and some want to join completely.

But if you decide to be under the Law, you can't pick according to me believe.

You have to keep then the whole law. Otherwise it can hurt you spiritually.

This is the point we were talking about... It is not good for people to think they are doing 'Jewish' things but not know the entire picture. This dilutes Judaism and leads to division. It is best for people interested in becoming Jewish to seek out reputable sources for conversion. There are reasons for everything in Judaism and it is good to know the reasons. There is much we don't know about Hashem and we learn more each day.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Glenn Beck we should all fast on Yom Kippur Idiot olbermann tries to mock him
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2009, 11:10:47 AM »

I have no problem with this too. There are lots of good people who are attracted to Judaism. Some decide to be Noahides and some want to join completely.

This is the point we were talking about... It is not good for people to think they are doing 'Jewish' things but not know the entire picture. This dilutes Judaism and leads to division. It is best for people interested in becoming Jewish to seek out reputable sources for conversion. There are reasons for everything in Judaism and it is good to know the reasons. There is much we don't know about Hashem and we learn more each day.

Yes, I agree. But let me go a little bit further.

According to which criterias you will be judged by god on the day of your trial? I am shure, that there are different categories for Jews and gentiles. The bible states it clearly.

Now if you keep a few "paragraphes" of the law that was given exclusively to the Jews, you fall according to Paul automatically in the category "under the law".

I am shure this will be not pleasant, at least on judgement day.

But I don't know what Judaisms point of view is on this issue.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2009, 11:16:20 AM »

Most people with common sense realize that they just can't 'act' Jewish.
I don't see the harm in people trying to understand Jewish beliefs though.
I would appreciate someone taking the time to understand how I practice my religion or customs, rather then have misconceptions or mock them (without understanding).
What would make a person seek conversion to the Jewish faith, or practice their faith in God as a Noahide, if they have no understanding of it.

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2009, 11:20:22 AM »

Yes, I agree. But let me go a little bit further.

According to which criterias you will be judged by G-d on the day of your trial? I am shure, that there are different categories for Jews and gentiles. The bible states it clearly.

Now if you keep a few "paragraphes" of the law that was given exclusively to the Jews, you fall according to Paul automatically in the category "under the law".

I am shure this will be not pleasant, at least on judgement day.

But I don't know what Judaisms point of view is on this issue.
Does that mean that if you are 'weak' in how you practice your faith, you will be judged harshly?  Even if you are a good person?  I'm not sure I understand Ulli. 

Good to see you posting.  :)
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2009, 11:45:13 AM »
Ulli,

From Jewish perspective there is no need for non-Jews to perform any commands except the seven Noachide laws {and their sub-laws}... Judaism doesn't require the whole world to perform all 613 mitzvot, they are intended for the Children of Israel {The Jewish people} alone as a special covenant between Hashem and us. He loves the entire world and created it all with his everlasting mercy. He desires all creatures to praise him, to love him, and to obey him. Hashem allows evil to exist in the world because it provides the darkness which allows the light of the righteous to shine. We learn that a small candle can bring light to the entire room {ie a small light fills a great space}...

Yom Kippur is a time when the Jewish people have a chance to ask our father in heaven to re-think his judgement which was written on Rosh Hashanah {last week}. This is our chance for repentance. The Jews don't have anything like the Christian idea of confession. I believe Christians have the ritual of confession where they can confess sins whenever they want to. We Jews have a yearly confession, made directly to the Master of the Universe himself. We don't confess to mortal man... We ask for forgiveness from those men and women we offended, we give forgiveness to those who have wrong us. We cry from the depth of our souls for Hashem to show mercy despite the fact that we truly don't deserve what we ask for. We fall far short of our expectations and our potential. We are weak in our ability to resist temptations. We must rely on Hashems mercy because without it our world is doomed.

If a non-Jew can understand what is at stake here then maybe he can move towards the goal of getting close to Hashem. This is the definition of the word Teshuva, which is often translated as REPENTENCE. Actually teshuva is a way to return to Hashem. We all can achieve this, all of humanity. King Davids psalms talk of a day which will come when all the world will know Hashem, praise him, and give their entire being to be close to him... May this day come soon!

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2009, 12:14:25 PM »
Oh Sorry, it was not Paulus, who made the statement, but Jacobus.

You can read it in Jakobus 2:10

Bullcat, the point here is not our weakness, who is part of our nature, but that the law is something very serious.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2009, 12:16:41 PM »
Ulli,

From Jewish perspective there is no need for non-Jews to perform any commands except the seven Noachide laws {and their sub-laws}... Judaism doesn't require the whole world to perform all 613 mitzvot, they are intended for the Children of Israel {The Jewish people} alone as a special covenant between Hashem and us. He loves the entire world and created it all with his everlasting mercy. He desires all creatures to praise him, to love him, and to obey him. Hashem allows evil to exist in the world because it provides the darkness which allows the light of the righteous to shine. We learn that a small candle can bring light to the entire room {ie a small light fills a great space}...

Yom Kippur is a time when the Jewish people have a chance to ask our father in heaven to re-think his judgement which was written on Rosh Hashanah {last week}. This is our chance for repentance. The Jews don't have anything like the Christian idea of confession. I believe Christians have the ritual of confession where they can confess sins whenever they want to. We Jews have a yearly confession, made directly to the Master of the Universe himself. We don't confess to mortal man... We ask for forgiveness from those men and women we offended, we give forgiveness to those who have wrong us. We cry from the depth of our souls for Hashem to show mercy despite the fact that we truly don't deserve what we ask for. We fall far short of our expectations and our potential. We are weak in our ability to resist temptations. We must rely on Hashems mercy because without it our world is doomed.

If a non-Jew can understand what is at stake here then maybe he can move towards the goal of getting close to Hashem. This is the definition of the word Teshuva, which is often translated as REPENTENCE. Actually teshuva is a way to return to Hashem. We all can achieve this, all of humanity. King Davids psalms talk of a day which will come when all the world will know Hashem, praise him, and give their entire being to be close to him... May this day come soon!

Yes Muman, I agree with you. I marked the text, that explains it very good imo.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2009, 01:04:51 PM »
Since Keith Ovaries is against it, I will do this and I will give him a message that I am not Jewish and he is a slime bag.. And much respect to Glenn Beck I like him a lot
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2009, 01:10:10 PM »
Since Keith Ovaries is against it, I will do this and I will give him a message that I am not Jewish and he is a slime bag.. And much respect to Glenn Beck I like him a lot
I like Beck too
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2009, 01:49:49 PM »

Most people with common sense realize that they just can't 'act' Jewish.
I don't see the harm in people trying to understand Jewish beliefs though.
I would appreciate someone taking the time to understand how I practice my religion or customs, rather then have misconceptions or mock them (without understanding).
What would make a person seek conversion to the Jewish faith, or practice their faith in G-d as a Noahide, if they have no understanding of it.

I would be interested.