Author Topic: Huckabee: Get America Out of the U.N.  (Read 1075 times)

Offline dreidelhead

• Junior JTFer
Huckabee: Get America Out of the U.N.
« on: September 28, 2009, 11:56:15 PM »
http://washingtonindependent.com/61046/huckabee-in-st-louis-get-america-out-of-the-u-n

Huckabee in St. Louis: Get America Out of the U.N.

By DAVID WEIGEL 9/27/09 11:48 AM

ST. LOUIS — Former Gov. Mike Huckabee (R-Ark.), speaking to a very friendly dinner crowd at the “How To Take Back America” conference, said that he’d “nearly had an Elvis moment” watching this week’s United Nations general assembly sessions and spoke about pulling out of the world organization altogether.

“It’s time to get a jackhammer and to simply chip off that part of New York City,” said Huckabee, “and let it float into the East River, never to be seen again!” That remark got him a standing ovation, and Huckabee went on to suggest de-funding the U.N. entirely.

“It’s time to say enough of the American taxpayer’s dollar being spent on something that may have been a noble idea, but has become a disgrace!” said Huckabee. “It has become the international equivalent of ACORN and it’s time to say enough!”

Huckabee continued, suggesting that the U.N. be handed over to one of the nations that attacked America. “Let’s end the diplomatic excesses that these people enjoy,” he said. “Let any country that is willing to spend the money that the United States is hosting–let them have it. Give it to the Saudis and let these diplomats suck the sand out of the Saudi desert for a few summers and see if that’s where they’d like to go, and make their ridiculous speeches.”

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
Re: Huckabee: Get America Out of the U.N.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 04:36:04 AM »
Frankly, I have my suspicions about Huckabee being another 'big government conservative', ala GWB and McCain, etc.  That's self-contradictory, of course, but it's not unfair when you look at what happened between 2001 and 2009.  For instance, speaking of self-contradiction, Huckabee speaks often about two problems in American homes:  hunger AND obesity ..... ?Que?

With all that said, this comment about the U.N. got my attention in a positive fashion.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 05:09:41 AM »
Qutie frankly I would give Huckabee more credit until he proves to be something else. He clearly supports Israel keeping all the liberated lands of 1967. He is Suppotavie of American and against the UN. The quotes that were taken from this article clearly show someone who is suppotavie of our cause.

I support Huckabee

Huckabee 2012
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 09:39:05 AM »
WOW!!!!!!  that is great!!!!  I am definetely leaning towrads him.  He has guts.

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 10:08:59 AM »
בס''ד

Huckabee has definitely moved dramatically to the right:

1. Huckabee is the only major presidential candidate who publicly opposes any Israeli retreat from Judea, Samaria, the Golan Heights or Jerusalem. Can you imagine if we had a president who told Israel not to surrender any land, and who told Israel to build as many Jewish communities as possible in Judea, Samaria, the Golan Heights and Jerusalem? If Huckabee keeps his word, he would be the first president to do that.

2. Huckabee proposes the complete abolition of the federal income tax and the IRS. Again, if he keeps his word and if he could convince Congress to do this, the effect of eliminating all income taxes and the IRS would be enormously positive both for the economy and for American society.

3. Huckabee proposes a major crackdown on illegal aliens and says that he would expel them. He has adopted many of the positions of the Minutemen, which is the best organization on the issue of illegal immigration. If Huckabee keeps his word and follows through, this could have a hugely positive impact on America's future.

4. Huckabee is a lifelong member of the NRA and has always been a zealous defender of the Second Amendment right to bear arms.

5. Huckabee is zealously pro-life, another vital moral issue.

6. Huckabee is the only major presidential candidate who defended the right of South Carolina and other states to use the Confederate flag and Confederate symbols.

As of now, I support Huckabee in 2012.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 10:46:09 AM »
בס''ד

1. Huckabee is the only major presidential candidate who publicly opposes any Israeli retreat from Judea, Samaria, the Golan Heights or Jerusalem. Can you imagine if we had a president who told Israel not to surrender any land, and who told Israel to build as many Jewish communities as possible in Judea, Samaria, the Golan Heights and Jerusalem? If Huckabee keeps his word, he would be the first president to do that.

2. Huckabee proposes the complete abolition of the federal income tax and the IRS. Again, if he keeps his word and if he could convince Congress to do this, the effect of eliminating all income taxes and the IRS would be enormously positive both for the economy and for American society.

3. Huckabee proposes a major crackdown on illegal aliens and says that he would expel them. He has adopted many of the positions of the Minutemen, which is the best organization on the issue of illegal immigration. If Huckabee keeps his word and follows through, this could have a hugely positive impact on America's future.

4. Huckabee is a lifelong member of the NRA and has always been a zealous defender of the Second Amendment right to bear arms.

6. Huckabee is the only major presidential candidate who defended the right of South Carolina and other states to use the Confederate flag and Confederate symbols.

If Huckabee decides to run, I too would support him.  He is a very charming and charismatic speaker, someone who comes off as very sincere. 

Offline cynthia

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 12:24:58 PM »
Unless, I am totally deceived, I will work for this man, when he runs.  I believe by that time, America will be so totally devasted, morally and spiritually, that it will take a Mike Huckabee to makes us even believe in ourselves anymore.  And the biggest draw is that he supports Israel, he knows his Bible, and therefore America can have some safety as G-d will back us if we back Israel as a nation again.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 12:29:31 AM »
בס''ד

Thanks for making this public. I voted for Huckabee back in Febuary of 2008 in the primaryies. He has not backed down from his support of Israel or his critiziam of the evil policies of Barack Hussein Obama. I support JTF
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh